Guild Advertising - query

I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
When a Guild advertises, surely they should be obviously visible to players looking for Guild's.

Using my test account, I cannot see the Guild I'm in without searching, and that must surely be wrong.

I've searched the forum, and see a couple of threads indicating the advertising functionality is broken, so am hoping staff can confirm if this is the case and if a fix is being worked on.

If it is working as intended, I'd like to know how a player account that isn't in a Guild would be able to see an advertisment without doing a Guild Search.

@Teeceezy
@Fearofabotplanet
Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
_Lily_

Comments

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I should add that after reading in game Help comtent for this, I think I know the reason.

I guess bu the time I get up tomorrow, there'll be some comments confirming if it is working or not.

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    We're currently not aware of any issues relating to guild ads or searching for guilds. What probably is happening here is that the system is not showing your test account the ad due to the level difference between your two accounts?
    @Teeceezy - That is what I thought might be the issue (after posting).

Do you know what the range of camp level that is targeted?

@Teeceezy - My only unanswered aspect of this now is the range of player's camp level that is targeted by guild adverts.

FAQ indicates that it's relative to a Guild's average level, but my question now is, how much above/below does that include, if that detail is known please. Until last night when a farm completed upgrading I was under the average, albeit by just 1 level (Note that here I mean my main account, not the test one I made up).

I want to establish if part of our target player base we want to reach with adverts are not in the range that is targeted.

I also note that players local to a Guild's leader are targeted and I can confirm I can read my phone's settings again now after switching it back to English
    :smile:

@Kaz
    If you prefer I make a fresh thread then I will do so, but for now I will add to this thread.

In the previous post I asked what level is targeted by the ad because the FAQ states

The advertisement targets players based on the average level of the guild members and the country of the guild leader.

The highest level requesting to join has been level 13. The average if divided by 18 is 51, and if divided by 20 is 46. So I am doubting this functionality is working as described.

_Lily_Governator
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited July 2018
    Getting requests from low-level players, even if the average level of the players in your guild is higher, should be a possible scenario. However, if you are ONLY getting low-level player requests, it could be an issue. I'll report it forward so it can be investigated. Thanks! :)
    ONLY getting low level requests