Homescapes ad

mikpay2316mikpay2316 Member Posts: 110
So far I've had this ad pop up 3 times and every time I lost out on opening the extra 3 crates. I understand that companies are making ads "smarter" to attract more attention but this is just ridiculous. Anyone else having this issue? If so ng needs to put a stop to it.
OG Mike 420 - MAVERICKS FAMILY 4 LIFE!
TripodCaptainslayerautumn_ashflyingcowkingGuapopsychwolf

Comments

• SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 357
    Me too! It’s not a specific ad. I have found if you wait 5 or so seconds after the ad plays and then hit the x, the crates unlock. I lost many, many rewards until I figured this out.
    mikpay2316HeadHunter67freedydaddy
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    i'll sometimes play the ad and afterwards the screen will just go white and i have to shut down the game. usually works. still inconvenient tho.
    freedydaddy
  • mikpay2316mikpay2316 Member Posts: 110
    It's happened twice since I posted this earlier today and both times the ad wouldn't even let me go back to my game. Had to close out all programs and restart the game. That's completely unacceptable in my book. It's bad enough having to watch the same ads over and over and over and over and over lol. If it keeps up I'll stop playing altogether. I've been playing nml since the beginning but I'll delete in a heartbeat if ads start interfering with game play. @Shteevie @Teeceezy
    OG Mike 420 - MAVERICKS FAMILY 4 LIFE!
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 295
    I've seen this behaviour as well. I've also seen some incredibly horrible ads that repeat two or even three times before I can kill them. This includes hitting the X and pressing the back button on my phone.

Not to mention that half the time the adverts play vertically, I'm not overly fussed by it, but honestly how hard is it to detect the correct orientation of a phone in 2017?
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    I've logged this in game, as it popped up 3 times last night. Watching and clicking the x did not work, i had to force close the game to get back in. Could still claim rewards, but one annoying ad.
    bigbeano
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    The ads have been screwing up in various different ways for many months now. Sometimes they freeze. Sometimes you have to watch like 3 or 4 ads in a row before you even get the opportunity to claim your reward. Sometimes you watch the ad, but then you don't get the 3 bonus crates. What I do is, no matter what the issue is, I simply close out the app and reopen it. This fixes the problem probably 95% of the time. If I wasn't able to open all 3 bonus crates before closing the app, I probably can after reopening it. If the ad froze before closing it, the "claim reward" button is the first thing I see when I reopen it. Is it a pain the arse? Yes. But, like I said, it works about 95% of the time, so it's better than not getting the rewards that you earned by suffering through another 30 seconds of cartoon sluts and pigs cheating on each other with other cartoon sluts and pigs.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    bigbeano1LostWarrior
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 450
    Lost many crates due to adds causing problems, I don't mind enduring them as long as you get rewarded from them but there is one add that does annoy me, maybe I'm old fashioned and out of touch butgames promoting growing drugs and dealing drugs is just not right.
    “Aloha Snackbar” Guild No Mans Land.
    “Sheffield UK (SUK)” Group Our World.
    Tripod
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,550
    Shooting people in the face is ok though?
    autumn_ashJaden
  • autumn_ashautumn_ash Member Posts: 325
    Firekid said:

Shooting people in the face is ok though?

If you're talking about that sniper-something game ad which shows you a series of headshots in the face - I get it, I'm pretty annoyed by it too. Too bad there's no direct "report" button or something. I really don't like it, it's too graphic and violent. One can argue that it is more graphic it twdnml - but no, it's not, what we do there is more like some imaginary geometry dance: put your shooter figurine here, move there, press that. And there's option to turn off gore. The ad is something else.
    TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
    Jaden
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Workaround until they bother to fix it is to force close the game instantly. When you restart the game you'll be able to open the crates.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    DBones
  • Carl_s_HatCarl_s_Hat Member Posts: 166
    ADPaq said:

Not to mention that half the time the adverts play vertically, I'm not overly fussed by it, but honestly how hard is it to detect the correct orientation of a phone in 2017?

Yep. I never had this happen until 2.7.

• CrashOutCrashOut Member Posts: 23
    Just started happening to me with that homescape mini game. Couldn't even quit out the minigame. Had to shut TWD NML game down then restart and didn't get the extra crates.
  • TechfallTechfall Member Posts: 168
    > @Nick37 said:
    > Lost many crates due to adds causing problems, I don't mind enduring them as long as you get rewarded from them but there is one add that does annoy me, maybe I'm old fashioned and out of touch butgames promoting growing drugs and dealing drugs is just not right.

But you're playing a game where you kill zombies and other humans
    ADPaq
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Thanks for the reports guys, we'll look into it. A screenshot of the end card would be super helpful!
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    @Teeceezy - too many of these ads are expecting us to INTERACT with them, for demo games. That golf one for example. And another for growing illegal plants.

This appears to be part of the problem, as there seems to be no exception handling with regard to user interaction (or not), and that goes way beyond just advertising.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    HeadHunter671LostWarrior
  • freedydaddyfreedydaddy Member Posts: 1,603
    That Homescapes crap poped up on my screen about 50 times a day or more

I thought downloading it would stop it but nope didnt 🤯😏
    Message me if you wanna
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,397

Bringing them all back?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

freedydaddy