Raiding myself and Badges messed up...

MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
I experienced a known bug (as it's been reported before), but yesterday the only Outpost I could find was my own to raid. So I just kept raiding my own outpost a bunch of times. Caught in a twilight-zone loop of sorts. But whatevers...

But here's what I found out & learned:

(1) Crit & bodyshot percentages are altered in Outposts. I don't think I ever saw that publicly stated by NG before. But it is. Of course it's tweaked in favor of the attacker, so the mass public is probably Ok with this. For testing purposes, it was funny bringing a mediocre attacker and just standing there letting pink-star defenders bodyshot him (which should've never happened).

(2) Badges aren't working in Outpost setting. (I know there was a prior statement that the the "teammate" bonuses don't work on defenders), but it appears certain other badges itself don't work. Simple example is Health badges. In raiding myself I was able to directly check the health on each of my own defenders and monitor the damage intake/output. If Health badges don't work, then presumably the others may not either. (i.e. since I raided myself, I was in a unique position of knowing exactly who had what type of badges on both sides, etc.)

(3) Even with walker-pit and # of walkers maxed, TG rewards not scaled/improved. 546 TG's...of which apparently I stole TG's from myself. Not even sure it added to my overall TG...but since I didn't closely monitor this part after each raid, I cannot state for sure I didn't receive TG's.

(4) Apparently I was some crate-blocking asshole. But after yesterday's revelation, I'm turning a new leaf...

I don't know how much of this is intended, versus, unintended. Much of outpost dynamics have always been a mystery. Maybe NG can look into this or at least just say "this is the way it is." Nowadays, I don't care much about outpost/influence anymore (so I didn't mind raiding myself over & over and losing influence even if win)....but I'm mainly posting this because some players may be misled into sticking badges onto their outpost defenders without realizing the flaw in the mechanics. Then later it'll cost gold to remove upon realizing it was a futile endeavor. But if you're the raiding-party, you're Ok.

NG, I can pm you additional screenshots of numbers/stats to what I'm referring to, if you want.
SCBMAMonsutapaintbeastJadenxyf80sbfDoTakbigbeanoJackBauertallinieSlowMoPigDLichwrinkled_bagjimmorrison369deb1hdJayZLambariBill_ZRTpradisligoemanniesprinklesChrangTatdJdmOvergrowdaworldMattOfEarthPasteimacharlie

Comments

• MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @Movado.It's normal that higher level can body shot a lower level enemy.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/266739/#Comment_266739
    MovadoSCBMA
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 135
    Crate blocking a**h are not different than walkers upgrading a**h.
    Chrang
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    @Movado

If this happens again please get a picture of your defenders health while in the outposts. Then get a picture of their health from your survivor screens.

If you can make a video it would be great of course.

One of the easiest ways to see badges not working visually is seeing what their health is in outposts (click on the survivor to show the number) and then when finished with the raid show the survivor within your survivors screen to show the numbers vary.

I'd be very interested in seeing that.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Jaden
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    I really would love to raid myself at least once.
    Just to see how effective my setup is and maybe get an idea how to improve the defense.
    TripodekimhclewMattOfEarthDeathwish19
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    @Movado great observation there! This is why we need an option to raid/demo our own outposts to make sure everything's working as intended ^_^
    MovadoJadentallinieTroublemaker
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Hate to bring back a month old post, but after 2.9, did anything get said on if this was still the case?
    Badges not working in Outpost, or has that been corrected?
    Or are we in the dark?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    edited December 2017
    Badges don’t work on outpost defense period. That’s my understanding.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    tabernacvshield50Deathwish19
  • countduckulacountduckula Member Posts: 17
    only just finding out myself will be plenty not using forums who do not know this yet its not clear anywhere.

just have to hold out for badge removal events good luck out there!
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,284

only just finding out myself will be plenty not using forums who do not know this yet its not clear anywhere.

just have to hold out for badge removal events good luck out there!

So what you're saying is that we've known badges don't work for at least 27 months?
    SCBMA
  • countduckulacountduckula Member Posts: 17
    Forgive me for being new to forums... but all i've seen in the last few weeks of trying to post and make suggestions or any comment anything anywhere you post ... just Trolls with 1000 2000 3000 posts. you look up some of these people posts and its all Toxic .. Great Toxic community you guys have on here wont be back adios bye bye
    SCBMAFirekidTCBRITODeathwish19
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,160
    Meh I've never cared about old threads being bumped. Whatever.

If this is a rule they want to enforce they should just close/delete those old posts.

If you're new here and search for something, you find it, you comment. Nothing nefarious about that.

Now toxic trolls, yeah I don't like those either. But they're not going anywhere so long as they don't openly take streaming poo on NGs doorstep.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    SCBMAvshield50
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    Disagree queen will disagree because to them they get all bent out of shape.

A thread got bumped that’s still applicable? Sure why not. It’s a forum thread and badges still don’t work in outpost.

I could careless about age of a post :)
    SCBMAvshield50ATLAS-ZDeathwish19
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,160
    Disagree Queen, that's got a nice ring to it.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    vshield50Deathwish19SCBMA