Detailed question weapons/armor?!?

Alright. I'm a relatively heavy player. Currently at level 32 and I'd say I climb as fast as I can build. As many suggest, I focus on upgrading my council and TG as much as possible in order to get my epic and legendary survivors at the highest level possible. I'm slow on playing the episodes (currently slowly working on episode 7 now) mostly because I take pride in the fact my memorial is empty. I save radios for weekend events where the probability is better for high level survivors and I've been able to roll with that so far with no deaths and little injury. I play more challenge missions for my guild and exploration/deadly just to gain tomatoes and xp for survivor upgrades and building. Another reason I like being on lower episodes is because it's cheap (gas) and I can easily down 70-80 walkers in a single run.

Here is my question.... I've had no problem finding epic and legendary survivors, and obviously working on getting them to max levels. But I am having a hard time finding weapons and armor that sustain these levels. Is this because I'm far back, so to speak, on the episodes for my survivor levels or something else? Maybe I should share some focus with upgrading my workshop which isn't that low in itself because the few good items I've come across I've obviously tried tried to upgrade as much as possible? Especially this weekend with the upgrade event. Any tips would be very helpful for my guild and I.

On a side note.... I think it would be a great idea for the developers to consider allowing guild members (only within a guild and maybe only between promoted members so newbies don't take advantage) a way to trade, maybe even sell your equipment and possibly even survivors within a limited reason. As a software product manager myself....This is something that I would put in the lifecycle as it could increase guild/challenge play and make gameplay lot more interactive without having to code for PvP.

Lastly, and I hate to do this because guild requests storm this site, but my current guild is pretty active. We currently have only 10 after a little house cleaning and we average probably 100+ per player. If you're looking for an active guild and can make a difference.... This is a newer guild but is doing its part to climb the charts. The Last Stand.
JodipayneartMadmat

Comments

• MadmatMadmat Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2016
    Yeah I guess you need to move forward on the episodes, but in the weekly challengers as they get harder and require 8+ fuel you should also get better equipment. For disclosure purposes I'm lvl27, currently on Eposide 11.1 and my memorial is empty too.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I'm level 39 with council/workshop/training area maxed out.
    I've been finding the best gear on deadlies. I've passed the 500 but still only got 1 legendary but tons of legendary gear (if that helps you).
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • CostanzaCostanza Member Posts: 2
    Like the Challenge missions, the Exploration missions get harder (e.g. higher level zombies) and provide better rewards as you go further.

Deadly Exploration missions on Episode 12 (last episode) are level 15 walkers, and I typically get level 13-16 weapons/armor from these crates. I have gotten some nice lvl 14 and 15 legendary/epic weapons.

I would recommend completing the episodes and trying exploration missions there if you're interest is getting high level weapons for your survivors. And compared to Challenge missions, it's a lot less gas for a much better chance at getting good weapons. (6/gas per exploration mission at episode 12)
    Lawdogzoson
  • LawdogLawdog Member Posts: 836
    @Costanza pretty much sums it up-nj.
  • AhexAhex Member Posts: 78
    Costanza said:

Deadly Exploration missions on Episode 12 (last episode) are level 15 walkers, and I typically get level 13-16 weapons/armor from these crates. I have gotten some nice lvl 14 and 15 legendary/epic weapons.

It seems that some are luckier tha others. I get usually 10 to 13 level uncommons. Few times I have got 14 and 15 rares, which my heroes can't use because they are lvl 13. So reward depends also on your survivors level.

This discussion has been closed.