My Grind Fix (Rodent Fix)

capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,232
My point is. When a player complete a round full stars (3x), next challenge can choose to start at the last level he completed full stars. I want to say...if i complete level 27 full stars next challenge i will choose if i want to start the challenge as usual or to start at level 27.

If i will start at round 27:
- i have all the missed stars (to keep guild challenge balanced)
- I lose all the gold, xp, supplies, crates, gas, etc..
- The guild earns the guild rewards (trade goods, phones...)
- I will be more motivated and i have more time to play Distance, outposts, scavenge, etc...
- I will not lose veterans guild players tired to play 24/7 to reach a competitive and fun level of the game.

if i don't want to start at round 27:
- i will play the challenge as usual
- Earn xp, supplies, gold, phones as usual...

That's easy... Everyone based on their week, will decide to start the challenge as usual and earn rewards, or just compete for fun the best of the challenge. :)

@Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
--> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
zdaddysuzequeueTheRealSavagebigbeanoJenngSCBMAjimmorrison369sbf_Lily_TheCrabbanzaiHeadpopper946anachro12Aval0ndylanarenaJerryDixon

Comments

• zdaddyzdaddy Member Posts: 11
    This would definitely offer people options to enjoy the game as they deem fit.

I am not sure if they would be able to offer us the option to start at beginning or take round passes but I would be all for us getting a round pass for every perfect round we complete. Can't see the harm in that. People will probably try for that 3rd star just for another pass...
    capibara
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,232
    Yes, i think that for every player the first 20 rounds are only boring routine and i would like to choose when and how i want to earn xp, supplies and crappy gear, and for that there are already the scavenge missions...
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    Headpopper946
    zdaddy said:

This would definitely offer people options to enjoy the game as they deem fit.

I am not sure if they would be able to offer us the option to start at beginning or take round passes but I would be all for us getting a round pass for every perfect round we complete. Can't see the harm in that. People will probably try for that 3rd star just for another pass...

No, round passes should work only for players playing normal mode and and not Rodent Fix.
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 369
    “The guild earns the guild rewards (trade goods, phones...)”

Yeah for sure NG will give every week for totally nothing over 10k TG and 100 phones for some players.
    capibara
    ignas said:

“The guild earns the guild rewards (trade goods, phones...)”

Yeah for sure NG will give every week for totally nothing over 10k TG and 100 phones for some players.

..well, it's not a bad deal when they are losing strong customers...
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,414
    Interesting, but no because it would mean less players online, for less time, with less chances of those players buying anything (boosters, bundles, etc). NG wants money and they will only change anything if they see it brings in more money, or, at least, they can confirm it will stay the same.

The game right now is insanely time consuming and things need to be done.

I gave the following suggestions:

- "The Distance" once a week, during the exact timeframe where we don't have a Challenge on;
    - No timelock, so players who wish to rush the Challenge are able to do so;
    - Do some tweaking on the starting rounds of the Challenge, so we don't have to grind low lvl maps - increase starting RSL, remove the .4 rounds etc;
    - Do something with Outposts, so it becomes a important part of the game that is actually enjoyable, so we always have something to do for cheap gas when there isn't any other thing to play. Lots of things to be done here.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    > @Mabiki said:
    > I support anything that reduces the grind. Even a over complicated solution that NG might develop.
    >
    > Agreed.
    > However, I don't think it's at all realistic to ask for a starting point at the last 3-star map (ie Capi's round 27) or guild rewards without playing. Part of the reason for the grind is that NG needs people playing their game, watching ads, and spending money. I don't fault them that, and I recognize their business model would not work if people start at round 27 instead of round 1 (or get to pick the traits on their items, as is occasionally suggested).
    >
    > The minimum NG needs to do to reduce grind fatigue is to eliminate the lower level start they added in the last update due to incessant and IMO ridiculous whining about temporary lost stars while levelling up equipment. The current "solution" of adding more lower levels that everyone must has resulted in more gas usage, more time and grind. I have easily exceeded 1400 stars in every challenge since the update, but that doesn't mean much because my higher scores are due entirely to playing more low level missions where I can click blindly and still win. I'd rather not play them, but it's the only way to reach the interesting levels. Get rid of them.
    >
    > My preferred solution would be simply to eliminate all of the early, single-play rounds at low level while keeping round passes just as they are now. Along with that, start everyone 2 levels below their max survivor level, without using any convoluted formulas that allow lame work-arounds like keeping 2 survivors at 22 and the others at 21. Make it just like normal gameplay in scavenges; once you have one higher-level survivor, the RSL (now "difficulty," goes up)
    >
    > Once you have one level 19 survivor, Challenge starts at difficulty 17. Once you have one level 23 survivor, Challenge starts at difficulty 21. Still 3 rounds per difficulty level, and 6 rounds before you even hit your own survivor level. If you have 6 round passes, you start right at your own survivor level.
    >
    > Sure, there will be complaints about lost stars from short-sighted fools, and perhaps concerns about losing "warm-up" maps, but F that noise. Anyone who earns 6 round passes should be able to warm up just fine starting at their own survivor level, especially since badges were introduced; and the "lost stars" issue will resolve itself once people adjust to the new system, since the "loss" will be relatively the same for everyone.
    >
    > Such a solution would lessen the weekly time commitment to play what is basically a cell phone game, improve the gaming experience, and shouldn't hurt NG"s bottom line. It might even help revenue if more players are happier and thus more willing to open their wallets instead of relying entirely on the whales to buy boosters and special weapons.

I am short sighted fool, as you say. The handicap was disgusting. It made several players quit.

The next departures will come if the grind doesn’t get fixed. 2.9 is the deadline.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    capibaraMonsutaEdd8SCBMA
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    You can't have more stars without more grind. It is basic math. More stars and less grind are not compatible. You can have one or the other. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

The handicap was mostly imaginary, anyway. It was nothing more or less when going from 19 to 20 as it was from going 21 to 22. If you prepped weapons, there was no real handicap. It existed only when going from 20 to 21 without leveled-up weapons and was fixed by NG adjusting how walker health/damage scaled when they introduced survivor level 22.

romeo
    Mabiki said:

You can't have more stars without more grind. It is basic math. More stars and less grind are not compatible. You can have one or the other. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

The handicap was mostly imaginary, anyway. It was nothing more or less when going from 19 to 20 as it was from going 21 to 22. If you prepped weapons, there was no real handicap. It existed only when going from 20 to 21 without leveled-up weapons and was fixed by NG adjusting how walker health/damage scaled when they introduced survivor level 22.

Why not? You can have more stars without grind with the Rodent Fix. Plus NG can save elders quitting for the grind. So everything is fine... Players and elders needed for xp, supplies, phones will play usual game starting, players busy go for the Rodent Fix. Obviously i will play too normal mode. If i will play always starting at lvl 27 i will never have xp pr supplies to upgrade things.
    And also i suspect that many players going in the short way will probably use more often money to buy bundles and gear because they will have less chance to have weapons and phones starting the challenge at round 27... NG will just save his costumers
    JenngSCBMA_Lily_
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Well, Capi .... you might be right. You probably have a better read than I do on what high-level players want. Maybe they would spend more to push. I just don't think NG will go for any system that starts people at such high levels as the Rodent Fix. I wouldn't mind if I'm wrong, though. Either way, I never agreed with the "lost stars" argument, but that's not really relevant anymore so there's no point debating it. I only mentioned it because it will surely come up if there is any adjustment that results in guilds getting fewer overall stars than they do now, even if it eliminates tons of grind.
    capibaraJenngSCBMA
    Consider that the most fun of the game starts at lvl 28 ..before is just routine...rodent wheel...no matter how many booster we buy...when you have fun and try very challenges games at lvl 29 or 30 you just have to stop playing because challenge ends...so costumers decide to quit...what's the point of buy boosters to play bored and easy games?
    ADPaq
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,411
    I’ve only ever made it to rsl 26........ so one could say I’m a professional grinder. :D calculation and math however are not my strong traits so I’ll just say I support any ideas of maximizing play time. These last months of the year are ridiculous busy so any way to make it count and take away from my weak sauce is appreciated!
    capibarabigbeanoSCBMAMurdoque
    > @Muzz said:
    > 100% agree with both @capibara and @rfg1982 in this thread. The "grind" at the moment is absolutely howling. I'm by no means one of the elite players, but it is mind numbingly boring repeating map after map trying to get up to RSL 28/29, which is where the challenge starts for me. RSL 28 is the first level where there's even a remote possibility of me taking a bruise / losing a star. I'm already currently buying 2 gas boosters a week to have any hope of maxing out on the challenge. I don't want to spend one of those gas boosters mindlessly blasting away with an Abe Assualt and Hunter team. There's zero skill, zero tactics, and it's terribly boring.
    >
    > Like an awful other long term players out there I'm looking for this to get fixed and pretty soon I'll be spending my time/money on something else.

Well said @Muzz.

2.9 is the deadline of this.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    capibaraMuzz
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 339
    Muzz said:

100% agree with both @capibara and @rfg1982 in this thread. The "grind" at the moment is absolutely howling. I'm by no means one of the elite players, but it is mind numbingly boring repeating map after map trying to get up to RSL 28/29, which is where the challenge starts for me. RSL 28 is the first level where there's even a remote possibility of me taking a bruise / losing a star. I'm already currently buying 2 gas boosters a week to have any hope of maxing out on the challenge. I don't want to spend one of those gas boosters mindlessly blasting away with an Abe Assualt and Hunter team. There's zero skill, zero tactics, and it's terribly boring.

Like an awful other long term players out there I'm looking for this to get fixed and pretty soon I'll be spending my time/money on something else.

I couldn't agree more with you, but I fear so long as people continue to buy multiple gas boosters to get through the grind NG will view the game mode as working as intended. Of course, some people will get so fed up they will quit or, at the very least, stop spending as much money. But until enough people do it NG have no incentive to alter the existing game mode.
    capibaraMuzz
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,527
    Lol you make it sound like NG care about a few elders who've been playing the game ages. They've already got their cash and now looking for the new generation of starts from s8 who will not know the "good old days". Personally at level 17 with 1 gas booster a week the challenges are pretty spot on for me.
    Firekid said:

Lol you make it sound like NG care about a few elders who've been playing the game ages. They've already got their cash and now looking for the new generation of starts from s8 who will not know the "good old days". Personally at level 17 with 1 gas booster a week the challenges are pretty spot on for me.

S8? Samsung 8?
    1Ris
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    capibara said:

S8? Samsung 8?

Season 8 of The Walking Dead, I guess...

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    capibara
  • MuzzMuzz Member Posts: 74
    > @Firekid said:
    > Lol you make it sound like NG care about a few elders who've been playing the game ages. They've already got their cash and now looking for the new generation of starts from s8 who will not know the "good old days". Personally at level 17 with 1 gas booster a week the challenges are pretty spot on for me.

NG has got the "elder players" as you put it by the short and curlies currently. I know NG is looking to get more and more people playing the game (both for IAP and ad revenue) but I can pretty much guarantee you that the hardcore players in the top 10 or so leaderboard guilds are spending more on average per user than the casual players. Although us "elders" probably make up a minority of the overall players i suspect we are pumping a disproportionate amount of cash NG's way!
    capibara
  • kmrkmr Member Posts: 135
    Why don't NG just let players choose the starting level completely free?
    Skipped rounds - as today with round passes - would count doubled (stars and TGs)
    So your options would be:
    - if you don't mind the grind, have plenty of time (and gas booster) --> start from the beginning take all the XPs and mission rewards.
    - if you want to maximize the stars and guild rewards with much less grind --> start at medium-high level. E.g with start at lvl23.1 (skipping 17 rounds from 14-22.3), resulted doubled rounds from 23.1-28.2 and with ~10 rounds less grind as with the system today
    - if you don't have time to play or just don't mind the number of stars but want to have challenge --> start at difficulty 29 (or where you want)
    capibara
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,117
    How about round passes buff?

Wouldn't that be somewhat similar solution?
    capibara
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    I believe @capibara is right. Endless grind was main reason why I left NML. Used to be fun and grind and when it turned to grind only, I quit. It was not possible to run challenge to the very best, distance up to reasonable rounds and raid/scavenge at once with so limited gas. Another issue is spent time. To play to ones best(lets say +5/6 above survs lvl), it is full time job now. Ppl can do that up to some point, then they stay cause of guildmates or leave...
    capibara
    Perhaps they could apply the Cycles to the Challenges... Of course totally revamped...

But you would need to grind to a certain level and perform up to it, to keep it.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    capibara
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    The grind is an absolute bear. Starting at 14 with triple rounds at 19 when you've got lvl23 survivors is as boring as a painting of a rabbit in a snowstorm, even with 8 or 9 round passes. Whether it's buffing round passes, cutting triple rounds, or being able to start at a higher level, something needs to change. We were given so much more grind with this past update and are expected to just be happy with a higher star count... It missed the mark by a lot. I'm a fan of the Rodent Fix personally and would happily support any sort of compromise that starts with it on the opposite side of where NG's solution starts.

A comment from NG in this thread would be great. I get that there needs to be grind... just not this much.

@Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet @Teeceezy I know you're not allowed to say much, but an indication of the way you see forward would give us hope that the game will get back to being as enjoyable as it was before the recent grind addition, and that hope could sustain folks until 2.9. For many, morale is circling the drain...
    capibaraTroublemaker_Lily_bigbeano