Person spamming my guild

I set my guild to open to grow it and had a person join and start racistvulgar derogatory threats toward other members. I'd kick him and he would rejoin as fast I could kick him. So I set the guild to request and he is spamming with request repeatedly. I screenshotted the pages and have his name but am an sure what to do , if I should release his name as a warning and post the screenshots. Can the admins give some advice on this

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,751
    @drkuhar sorry to hear that. Try contacting in game support, provide the user name, player level, etc and screenshots for support to take a look.
    NG_SamI_Am_PsychoPain Walker
  • drkuhardrkuhar Member Posts: 144
    Should I post the name on here so no other guilds go through this from accepting him
    I_Am_PsychoDanofthedead
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,751
    @drkuhar that would be against the forum rules.

No posting of personal information of any kind. No doxxing. No witch hunts.
    I_Am_PsychoPain Walker
  • drkuhardrkuhar Member Posts: 144
    I contacted game support and sent screenshots to them..
    I_Am_Psychozbot
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    DoTak said:

I don't see how posting a player's IGN and level could be constituted as personal or private info. And it's not a witch hunt. It could help other guilds avoid accepting a malicious player.

Or someone could come along and make up a story and maliciously slander a player so no guild will accept them
    Tripod
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Ok, fair enough, I can see how that kind of abuse could be a problem.

So this would fall into the category of a (potential) witch hunt, I guess? Because a player's IGN and level can't possibly be considered personal info. The forum gives us the option to publicize our In Game Username (which isn't even unique anyway) in our profile, and many people disclose their player level.

Whether I'm right or wrong, this isn't the first post of this kind and as I recall, many forum users were appreciative of the heads up regarding potential trouble makers
    Jaden
    And as I recall, all of those threads were shut down, for the same reason I describe above, which I'm sure is why the rule exists. It isn't even a potential witch hunt - it is a clear witch hunt. The only question is whether it is a valid warning or an attempt to smear someone. Since there is no reasonable way for a forum such as this to moderate those kind of accusations, it makes sense that it's not allowed.

As it stands, people can still come on the forum and describe a behavior or a person who is causing problems to warn people about it, as has been done here. They can also report it through the established in-game system. And since PMs don't follow the same rules as public posts, they can warn anyone here more explicitly through a PM.

It's not a perfect solution by any means. I definitely want to know if someone potentially joining my guild is a problem. But I think the reason for the rule is pretty damn solid. Without it, I could come on here and accuse you or anyone else of horrible things without consequence, whether or not they were true. And if you weren't on the forum on a regular basis, you'd never even have a chance to defend yourself.
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @Teeceezy Does @Mabiki qualified as a potential moderator candidate by his throughrough explanation? ;)
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    There should be a perma-ban to handle situations like that. Will not prevent weird players from infiltrating another guild but at least each guild could have a permanent fix without the need for some possible intervention from customer support who might or might not (be able to) help.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    MabikiI_Am_PsychoADPaqdandancar77
    Monsuta said:

@Teeceezy Does @Mabiki qualified as a potential moderator candidate by his throughrough explanation? ;)

I'm bad at emojis, so I don't know if the wink is friendly or not, but I'm choosing to take it as a compliment.

I think I would make a great moderator, except there seems to be already a few people here who don't like me, and that might reduce my candidate stock. Then again, being generally disliked seems to be an inherent quality of a moderator, so you could argue that I'm ahead of the game.

Allowing guilds to block harassing individuals seems like an easy and helpful feature, @Jaden.
    I_Am_PsychoMonsutaSerp
    drkuhar said:

I'm fine with the forum rules, that's why I asked. But it's not slander or a witch-hunt when you have the screenshots as proof

Fair enough.

I_Am_PsychoDLich
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Seems my main point of view is covered before I got here, but one other issue exists for posting screenshot, regardless of validity. I reckon it would be shockingly valid as well, so I hope it's been well documented when reporting it.

Also, the content of racist and/or other inappropriate remarks shown in screenshots, would also cause the poster potential problems.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,498
    Thank you, @drkuhar , fr sending PM confirmation at my request. Hopefully this hostile activity and issue of rogue elders deleting entire guilds can find solutions
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    Having candy for breakfast!
    100% FTP
    MyYouTubeChannel
    _Lily_I_Am_PsychoJaden
    Just for the record, @drkuhar sent me screens of the messages that prompted this thread.
    They are truly disgusting, and I completely understand the desire to block this person.

My comments above aren't meant to imply he/she is making anything up. My only point is there are good reasons the witch-hunt rule exists.
    Pic
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 584
    drkuhar said:

I set my guild to open to grow it and had a person join and start racistvulgar derogatory threats toward other members. I'd kick him and he would rejoin as fast I could kick him. So I set the guild to request and he is spamming with request repeatedly. I screenshotted the pages and have his name but am an sure what to do , if I should release his name as a warning and post the screenshots. Can the admins give some advice on this

Sounds like someone I know, but I'm working on a few beer bombers so my mind is not quite clear... shoot me a PM to confirm if it's the same asswipe...
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
  • DanofthedeadDanofthedead Member Posts: 60
    drkuhar said:

Should I post the name on here so no other guilds go through this from accepting him

That's what fb groups are for lol
    [¬O-o]¬
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 584
    I've seen the screencaps... no one should have to put up w/ barbaric behavior like that.
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
  • ZombieAnnhilatorZombieAnnhilator Member Posts: 12
    You can always post screen shots to the NML Walking dead page with a warning so Leaders can add him to their Black List.
    1RisDanofthedead