Hanging up the towel.

Not really a big fan of posts like these, but would like to leave some criticism behind for the developers of a game I (used) to love.

After founding and leading StarBLAZERS for over 2 years, and to beyond 1,000,000 stars, it's time to call it quits. Today I cease all activity within the game. I've passed leadership of StarBLAZERS off to another member, and will no longer be making videos. Originally I had intended to stick it out through Season 8, but quite frankly - the game just isn't fun for me any more. Many of my elders, including the three other founding members of StarBLAZERS have all quit because we simply don't find the new game developments fun.

That's not to say I didn't have fun previously. It's just that the nature of the game has changed significantly since it was released - and quite frankly not for the better in my opinion.

1. It requires significantly more time in literal raw hours to be competitive. Having a hard cap is GOOD and removal of the hard cap is probably the worst decision ever made for this game.
2. The scale of the challenge is so huge, the grind makes it not fun.
3. The gap between Free to Play and Pay to Win players is far too large. Caused by points 1 & 2.
4. Past achievements/equipment means literally nothing now.
- This is the root cause of why the level scaling of challenge missions had to be reversed. Zombie level would scale but your equipment was worthless, so you wouldn't be able to go as far.
5. Old optimized survivors that tons of time and resources were spent on are completely devalued by Ruthless. This trait is broken beyond belief. It's far worse than luck/dodge were ever broken.
6. Game story? What's that?
7. New game modes not fun. PvP abandoned and the distance is just more grinding.

I'm certain I could come up with more things that drove me away from the game, but I'll leave it at this:
Others may find the game, or these particular things enjoyable and that's great. I just don't.
JackBauerADPaqFragziejimmorrison369autumn_ashtabernacDonCoquiAval0nTroublemakercapibarabigbeano_Lily_Conan1976antkiwinz7GovernatorCaptainslayerGeneral_PainShedeadDLichKyrusromeozeeblackJadenMadiMonsutaEdd8TheCrabBrassBSPC_TORRESbanzaiJapes87ZettePicTripodatrainofficialR2runfastAnnette578zeowerusReeconn1LostWarriorKaLiLoewe1968ricktadarustynailLightfeetholoGForceGrimes0688javajnkieMattOfEarthSTARBLAZERSFingerfooddonald6283msapaevMastermindGrTCBRITO

Comments

• General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,457
    Bye zoson it was fun.

P.S I am guessing you won’t have the CC badge anymore?
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,025
    Bye Bye @zoson. You will be surely missed
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    MonsutaShedead
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited November 2017
    Goodbye @zoson. Your memory of how things used to work in the game was unmatched and your knowledge of the game was strong. I'm jealous that you have the ability to cease all game activity. The day is coming though.

We had a hard cap at one point on the challenges?
    ShedeadAnnette578bigbeanoTheLostOnes
  • Annette578Annette578 Member Posts: 482
    @zoson , Best of luck to you. You were always quick to answer any questions I had, when I was a newbie. I have much respect for you telling the truth, of how far the game has ( turned) as like the undead! Thanks for your advice & videos. You will be missed!
    p_herian
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 616
    edited December 2017
    Thank you @zoson for all you did for me. You will be sorely missed. I will keep your legacy StarBLAZERS alive as long as I can. You made me the player I am, and I will be forever grateful. Godspeed.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    SCBMAJaden_Lily_Fingerfood
  • freedydaddyfreedydaddy Member Posts: 1,603
    @kaz sorry
    Yes I know this is very old and against the rules but I just want to say good luck @MattOfEarth And even tho I never meet zoson I’m sorry for yalls loss of zoson
    Message me if you wanna
This discussion has been closed.