Special Challenge Event Preview - 'Ultimate Challenge' Event

FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
Hey everyone!

The end of the year is a busy time for everyone, and the walkers of the post-post-apocalypse are no exception. They are coming at you tougher and tougher all the time, and they're not going to give you a second to rest. Cut out some of that winter grind and step up to what could be the most challenging Challenge ever!

Here’s what we’re planning:
The tough missions will start sooner in this Challenge. Instead of playing 3 rounds per difficulty, you will advance after 2 completed rounds. The second round in each difficulty will be a little trickier than before.

Starting difficulty will be slightly higher; for example, players who usually start the Challenge at difficulty 14 will start instead at difficulty 17.

In this special event, you will find yourself hitting the higher difficulties sooner than ever. However, we’re adjusting the rewards to match the faster progress:

Round passes are earned for completing 3 rounds instead of 5.

The amount of stars needed to earn Personal and Guild Star rewards are all reduced.

To celebrate the event Token Crates will contain up to 50% more tokens and you'll find better chances of Legendary gear in Challenge and Deluxe Challenge crates!

The event will run for the entire length of the Farmlands Challenge which begins this coming Wednesday (November 29), and to make things even more exciting it will be accompanied by a Double Guild Rewards event. Details of the weekend event to come later (presumably with an accompanying cat video).

During and after the event we’ll be keen to hear your feedback on what impact the event had on your own Challenge, and also the Challenges of your guild-mates.
JayZJadenGeneral_PainDavid_H79TroublemakerWellyLuga1RisTheCrabBill_ZRTPutchucoBuckzzzbotScowleyConan1976klman1612evilightsmik81CzarnyJoDeadBeatTJScapibaraPR0DJdocfinzenburgMonsutaMadPuppyKick_assbababooeyvalereeeTheRealSavageSCBMApradiADPaqmsrebeccaDBonesEdd8bigbeanoZetteDanofthedeadKyrusMrsScattercushionWeekOneCherokee_RoseJackBauer8900rpmNezo淡水地鼠TripodGovernatorjimmydawiseMizTytallinieMattOfEarthromeomack22Splatterkiwinz7SlowMoS100200sbfantzeowerusjesterzeeblackbunSpeedsflyingcowkingGladiGnatevilATLAS-ZOldweirdeddieTweetyBirdTatdJdmPicR2runfastred333stevie05tpzinhotracylfrancoOvergrowdaworldaquilajavajnkieCollrgh

Comments

• PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    This sounds very promising! Thx for listening to our input, much appreciated already!
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    Conan1976SCBMAKick_assDBones
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,744
    Thank you for acknowledging our incessant whining :smiley:
    JayZDBonesbigbeano
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,043
    Sounds good to go.
  • dgraminhodgraminho Member Posts: 39
    Nice to know. I believe it will be a sucess.
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    @Fearofabotplanet - what about rsl 30 onwards, still only 2 rounds? (30+ has been 4 rounds, so just wondering whether that’s being reduced/affected too), Thanks
    TroublemakerPutchucoSCBMAJaden
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,354
    NG stepping it up lately! 3 for 3 with the past 3 events. Thank you!
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    Jaden
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @Fearofabotplanet
    I agree this is a great idea.

Just one question.
    Will this be announced 'in game news'?
    It's easy enough for me to pass this on to my members who use alternative chat options but for those who don't it will be difficult to explain all this within game chat.

Thanks,
    TJS
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    SCBMAJaden
  • FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
    @Movado Those will be as normal.
    General_PainSCBMAJaden
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,785
    edited November 2017
    Awesome! 3 rounds is not too much to reduce grind but it's a starting point. :)
    I insist on the chance i posted (Rodent Fix)...to have two ways to play. A grind challenge (with all rewards) and a short challenge (...with less rewards, but fun "hard" game)... So everyone will choose his way as for The Distance.
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    _Lily_SCBMASplatterbigbeano
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @Fearofabotplanet Is this sort of a test-run for possible changes coming in 2.9? Does that mean 2.9 is coming fairly soonish or still a ways down the pipeline?
    SCBMA
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 324
    @Fearofabotplanet So to be clear from 17 to 29 will be 2 tiers and from 30 will be 4 tiers?
    FearofabotplanetKick_ass
  • Kick_assKick_ass Member Posts: 513
    Very cool!! Sounds like FUN!!! Games = fun!

@Biraju_MAVERICKS
    Maverick’s Core Leader and / OG Co-Leader
    Other Leaders | Pic |
    Tux77 |
    KeepGen |

Stolen from Dlich
    SlowMoBiraju_MAVERICKS
  • pradipradi Member Posts: 645
    Really happy with this change. Thank you for this good news :smiley:
    Line id : 2011406 | email : [email protected]
    SCBMAPR0DJ
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Wow.... thank you! :)
    TroublemakerSCBMA
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    I have been running the numbers for the past 30 minutes. I will give my assessment shortly.

It is for the better this much is true as long as no rewards are lessened. I am currently researching that part now.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    This definately seems like a big step in the right direction, but @Fearofabotplanet is it just for one week? Its going to be hard having to go back to the low level grind the following week.
    PutchucoSCBMAbigbeanopradi
  • xyf80xyf80 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 61
    Less griding time and more fun I am 1000% like the idea!
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    I play through 27.1. I earn 6 RP’s and play 24 rounds (30 total). I earn about 27K TG’s playing 24 rounds. Looking at the temp format 27.1 will be round 21 (instead of 30). I will earn 7 skips with the skips being changed so I'll be playing 14 rounds (21 - 7) instead of 24.

Literally I'm going from playing 24 rounds to playing 14 to get to the same RSL. I want to ensure I'll earn the same amount of TG's for round completion as well as the same personal rewards. Also guild rewards need to be scaled.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    GovernatorTransmuteJunPicOvergrowdaworld
  • FragzieFragzie Member Posts: 584
    It's a one off challenge event, I'll give it a whirl.
    SCBMA