Special Challenge Event Preview - 'Ultimate Challenge' Event

Comments

• anachro12anachro12 Member Posts: 15
    Exactly Jaden. Many times changes have come and stayed. This needs to be the case as well. I actually enjoyed the challenge for the first time in a long time. The boring part was over quickly and I got to the exciting part. Advancement and round passes came faster. I hate all the boring tedium with crap rewards of the old challenge. It se me like it is there to make you spend money on a gas booster and is a big waste of my limited free time.

At the very least give us more frequent round passes this week until you wise up and make the ultimate challenge permanent!
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    This challenge format, Ik like it better than the old one. Maybe ajust a bit so it takes us a bit more time? As in balancing a bit more? But allowing the F2P players to maximise stars should be possible like this setup. Thats a good thing
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • dgraminhodgraminho Member Posts: 39
    This new chalenge is way better than the old one. It actually allow us to push to the limit without the need to buy gas refills. Don´t make it go back to old system please.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,391
    I personally agree, it is kind of nice, IMHO.
    However while some state they reached max in the first day or two, I was fighting until the last hour of the challenge. I got to the exact same level and RSL difficulty as I did the week previously. I’ll honestly admit I’m also real new, only began in the end of Aug/beginning of Sep.
    above was simply expressing why I do not post in forums normally. I’ve played a supercell game for over 3.5 years and have never even looked in the forums. I only began in the to help our guild recruit, but I was jumped on for my first 4 posts.
    As for the new format what I expressed to NG, for anyone that cares my opinion, was it seemed as though newer folks will take a beating in the loss of chest opening chances. While many built up there gear by opening boxes, according to my people I asked, we new folks will have much less chance to catch up or compete. I made mistakes for the first near 2 months until I showed my survivors to the guild. They told me which to throw away because the traits were useless. Now I’m trying to rebuild, both players and gear.
    Many times this challenge, I had normal, silver, and gold crates all open with gear that was below my level, or way above. The pattern though, and I sent screen shots, was every piece of gear I found, no matter the box color, was Green, I was not sure if I had that crappy of luck, or if it was intended. To which no response was given. I also got the ‘but now you have time to scavenge more’ which while I guess was technically true, my people were in the hospital from the Challenge, so not real helpful.
    I could give a yellow haired rabbits hide end about the stars, as long as I’m not punted from the team of friends I have made. My most ever stars was during my first 1 minute gas challenge and I had, after it started, upgraded survivors. That was 800 stars. I have never again come close to that, so stars be damned, because my guild said not to worry.
    I used the beginning stages before to try to work out tactics for later, however this time things changed to fast for me to use the same ones. I know, I hear it a lot, you need to learn how to block spawn spots, I’m doing my best to keep up.

1) So in recap, I liked the challenge just as the others, did it go by faster for me? Nope.
    2) Did I obtain the same XP/Tomato rations as normal? Nope.
    3) Did I have a chance for the same amount of gear as before? Nope.
    4) Did I whine or threaten to quit? Nope.

I play games because I want to, not because I have to. When the game is more like work than fun, I stop. Will they maybe make a change at some point where I just don’t log in for a month? Maybe. Will I complain because the game developers didn’t cater to me? Nope.

All the love, and joy to everyone here and to those who never enter the forums. I’m just grateful I have the luxury of playing when I want to.

I do, have, and will continue to thank NG for at least responding to my questions and my naïvety. So in case they missed it, @NG thank you for a new experience. I look forward to seeing how this experiment comes to fruition.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

MadPuppyTapatio75pradi
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited December 2017
    ULTIMATE CHALLENGE / NORMAL CHALLENGE
    POLL RESULTS AFTER CHALLENGE END

-
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    David_H79mack22pradi
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Hey guys.... been waiting to post my feedback until after the challenge was over.

Speaking for myself only, here are my comments/feedback:
    1. I absolutely loved the rewards!
    2. The challenge ended too quickly for me... I don’t work so time is not an issue for me.
    3. I was super excited at first because of the rewards and getting our free pass after completing 3 rounds instead of 5; but then, I found myself not having anything to do or bored once I completed the challenge.
    4. With the regular challenge format, NG keeps me busy pretty much all week (with breaks in between) with the different game modes and schedule.
    5. I squeeze in a few Outpost raids between Challenges, The Distance, and Season Missions on Monday.
    6. For me, personally, the regular challenge format is very close to balanced.

I am happy to be playing our regular challenge this week so I can compare it and provide more feedback after this week’s challenge is completed.

I don’t want to be in NG’s shoes as it’s difficult to find the perfect balance as there are so many different types of players to accommodate.

If NG decides to keep it, I will adjust. If they don’t, then it would be nice to have it on a rotation maybe cuz it is fun to change things around once in a while?

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful week! :)
    TroublemakerDavid_H79TJSShadowaceAz
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,011
    edited December 2017
    I have been thinking about it after Challenge ended and I want to refresh some things I posted before. I think less grind is good, but not so that we hit a wall too soon. It's all about balance. I suggested some very simple semi-solutions to balance things for a while until this gets "solved":

- Up the starting lvl from 14 to 15 (for end gamers);
    - No time lock while playing under round passes. For example: with 9 round passes, you will be able to play the first 9 rounds without triggering the time lock;
    - Make Supplies available until you are full, so being full is actually a goal, because you will then maximize gear + XP on rewards.

All these suggestions take into consideration NG's side too, so they don't loose revenue and many other things they need.
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 385
    I played 100% free this week. Played challenge Wed,Thurs,Fri,Sun and distance Saturday. I made it to 30.3 for the first time ever and had 1092 stars. I also didn't play 100% every day all day to get there. I was able to easily do all kinds of other RL things and not worry at all about the game. I landed in my normal 3rd spot in the guild at the end. I absolutely dread going back to the old way. I hope there is some special event associated with it to make it less painful.

Maybe NG can have a normal/hard mode for challenge with this weeks format apparently being the "hard mode." That choice would be made at the guild level. Guilds that choose not to play hard mode won't be on the leaderboard for guilds.

Does that fix this for everyone?
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    avelardezHeadpopper946
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 503
    Make it permanent. its fun.
    JerryDixonDavid_H79DBoneszeowerus
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 941
    edited December 2017
    I like the new challenge system. Make it permanent or once a month. Give out even better rewards so we all look forward to it each month. This 1300 star reward was kind of a low blow. I can make that with two scavenge missions. Just saying. Now side bar is my new Sasha and how she is a beast as a pink stars. 97 kills and level 45 walkers. Wow. I was able to play the Distance and challenge evenly, and transferring to a F2P after this challenge, I see a major benefit from that format. Also got me 10 round passes.
    Timboski
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Gift for the RP bug last week;

Those who missed RPs last challenge should find this in Trade Shop on next recycle.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Markus_pirate1125bigbeano
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @TJS It's available to everyone, not just those have less round pass because of the bug before they fixed it, my other account didn't have that issue also received this free 10 phones.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    TJS
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,963
    So there's actually no compensation to the people who lost round passes....?
    paintbeastEdd8DBonesBBRi
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    Couldnt even give is enough for a gold call?
    pirate1125
  • OldweirdeddieOldweirdeddie Member Posts: 1,123
    Please make the Ultimate Challenge format permanent. I actually had time (and gas) this week to do outpost raids, scavenge missions, & the distance. The variety made the game a lot more enjoyable.

I've polled my guild & the reaction was overwhelmingly positive.
    DBonesautumn_ashBBRi
  • 8900rpm8900rpm Member Posts: 91
    I preferred the Ultimate Challenge format. I was able to get to interesting levels faster and did not feel compelled to play continuously in order to help my guild. I dread having to go back to the regular challenge tomorrow...
    OldweirdeddieLightfeetDBonesADPaq
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,025
    In the Ultimate Challenge, my star count was some 300 less but got 1 additional round pass. I finished the challenge earlier and then played The Distance and Outposts. Today, we would be back to the Normal Challenge. I would get more stars but would be getting less round passes and would be playing till Sunday.

Challenge 2.0 was better than Challenge 1.0. Challenge 2.5 (Ultimate) was an improvement over Challenge 2.0. A time would come, we would get bored even with Challenge 2.5. The life goes on
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    Edd8bababooey
  • ZardoxZardox Member Posts: 110
    I think the ultimate challenge was a good idea, don’t care about stars just the rewards and the rewards were very good. In addition got to the really challenging levels very quickly saved gas. Do it again NG.
    DBonesBBRibababooey
  • OkashiraOkashira Member Posts: 3
    I would like to congratulate you for the changes made in the last challenge of the 29th, because I thought that in this way the game was much more dynamic, less tiring and more challenging. I would like to ask that these changes be permanent, and that the old way of playing the challenges, be replaced by the day 29. Thank you!
    _Lily_autumn_ashJadenpaintbeast
  • rghrgh Member Posts: 3
    I liked the Ultimate challenge, less grind is good for me, please either make it the default or a regular feature. :smiley:
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    We can keep the old chaLlenge, I get my supplies and my legendary weapons from the delixe crates, not like the new challenge

MonsutaJadenLightfeetwrinkled_bag
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    Tapatio75 said:

We can keep the old chaLlenge, I get my supplies and my legendary weapons from the delixe crates, not like the new challenge

Any silenced or silver piercing is instant scrap to me, I would only keep gold piercing weapon if piercing exist on a weapon.
    It's always good to keep some non-piercing weapon too.

There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.