Special Challenge Event Preview - 'Ultimate Challenge' Event

Comments

• TripodTripod Member Posts: 109
    What about supplies? I usually start on lvl 20.1, and only have until the end of lvl 22 to earn tomatoes/supplies from crates. So now I'll start at lvl 23, will we completely bypass the chance of earning supplies? This should have been adjusted 2 updates ago but doesn't seem important to NG. Ftp players need to earn supplies for building upgrades, obviously. Am I correct in assuming that when I start at lvl 23, I won't have any tomatoes in crates @Fearofabotplanet ? I really don't want to be correct lol
    TheCrabgold2154Tapatio75
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    Will post mission crates be modified as well? The change will result in 270 - 810 less crates to open, depending if you open 3 or all 9.
    This is normally a decent source for phones, components, xp, and the unicorn of a good piece of gear.
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

TimboskiSplatterMabikiTheRealSavagebigbeanoTroublemakerPic
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,860
    Well, same with round passes - fewer rounds of challenge to play, less gas to spend, more gas to be able to play something else. Also, you can always repeat a challenge round instead of moving on (won't work for supplies, obviously, but you can scavenge with the saved gas or raid to get TG to be able to buy gear etc).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    SCBMADavid_H79romeo
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    Thanks NG for putting forth this possible solution to the grind, I'm looking forward to the challenge getting interesting sooner.
    SCBMA
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    dont forget the downtime for challenge being bugged, if it seems to good to be true..........
  • zeoweruszeowerus Member Posts: 138
    it sounds like a professional challenge!
    MadPuppyTroublemaker
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 113
    Sounds interesting... i hope the gas price is getting adaptet during the challenge (s)
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,025
    Hmmm, there would be a significant drop in the number of stars earned this week. What the heck, I would be finishing the challenge earlier this week. Yippee
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    TroublemakerEdd8
    I personally have a high enough level to play this but i hope the lower leveled members will have a chance too, to earn some interresting rewards. It sounds to me that this challenge is made in priority to the very good players...
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,087
    edited November 2017
    Hopefully the lower level players Don't get booted from there guilds for not getting the week's quota.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,011
    How will the timer work... Same mechanic?

I suggested that the timer is removed completely until the grind is fixed, or at least triggers after RSL 30 or something.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    sbfR2runfast
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    I'm sure guild leaders understand (and I hope that all players do too) that though this structure will lessen the star count, it will lessen them proportionally. All things the same, which is to say within a small enough window from before the recent change to the challenge to the few weeks afterward (before leveling up survivors or promoting them), I think most were getting about 200 more stars than before, so if we were keeping within a relative metric based on how far folks got after the low level grind was added, we could've easily changed the guild minimum to a higher count. If the challenge structure changed to something where folks across the board are scoring less stars but still reaching the same level relative to their survivors levels, guild minimums would have to change accordingly.

I hope NG will consider doing broad testing of possible solutions like this in the future before big changes. Thanks for this @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet @Teeceezy I'm curious to see how it plays.
    FearofabotplanetBill_ZRTromeoFragzie
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,014
    edited November 2017
    And the second round will start at difficulty 19 as usual?

So with my 7 passes I'll start at round 2 of 21?

(Sorry if this was answered and I missed it)
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    romeo
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @BiggyGuyinTWD yes

You will skip 17, 18, 19.1, 19.2, 20.1, 20.2, 21.1 and start on 21.2

Overall there are 3 missions being removed in the front (14, 15, 16) and 1 round being removed from 19-29 (total of 11 additional).

If a player makes it to 30.1 for example they would have played (not including skips) 14 less rounds overall than they did prior. This means they also save that gas to use on other areas of the game.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    ATLAS-ZOldweirdeddieJadenromeo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,014
    Thanks @DLich :-)

With less grind, I'd have made 8 passes last weekend. Maybe I will this challenge.

My PB was around 1710?

Less stars this time but I'm looking forward to it.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    romeo
  • Markus_Markus_ Member Posts: 14
    Are there double guild rewards too?
    Fearofabotplanetromeo
  • OldweirdeddieOldweirdeddie Member Posts: 1,123
    I'm suspending the guild min until we see how this plays out and am excited to give it a try :)
    FearofabotplanetBill_ZRTzivaoliviaromeo
  • FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
    @Markus_ Indeed there are.
    Markus_
  • flyfisher821flyfisher821 Member Posts: 35
    You are running these concurrently? I barely have enough time as it is.
    Apply here
  • GeirGeir Member Posts: 38
    I not sure this is a good idea.
    Maybe I to pessimistic.
    I see a lots of complain when challenge like inside and out or last challenge Sunday traffic because people feel they have problems to early in the game , and no fun to sit try over and over again.
    With this new challenge we will meet problems more early and sit try and try all Weekend.
    One thing positive it's that we don't need to purchase free gas longer and the time we use to play much smaller so we can try out other games to play on internet.
    But I think when people try this out, many will think different after some week.
    But after what I understand this a test.
    Maybe NG should ask people in the game news, with some alternative answer so not only the player play around 2 years run the show !
    I hope NG will make a stability soon in NML so we don't need all this changes all the time.
    I think people get tired when the rules changes all the time.

Good luck with the challenge tomorrow !
    romeo
    Looking foreward to the new challenge. From time to time we need to do changes. But, when all parameteres be changed i would also suggest thinking over all the rankings. It is a bit boring to see his own guild on place 51 when it should be for example 355 - it can be more challenging also figbting for lower places. I know quite a few very competible players. Who liked that a lot, even leagues could be negotiatet...
    Sorry about my bad english, i hate the auto correct)
  • MarcosCapoiaMarcosCapoia Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Very good. Because the game is taking a lot of time. And this is slowly becoming disheartened!
    tabernacBill_ZRTbigbeanosbf
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,860
    edited November 2017
    As if veteran players were running the show... I only say in-game poll and Jackpot... No offense but I feel many things veterans would want are not done because it might scare away new and more casual players so in that regard their concerns dictate the direction the game takes (and the want/need to bring in new players... season missions vs story missions come to mind with veterans caring much more about the latter than newer players).

Anyways, I think that the change will affect lower level players far less than higher level players. It will also free up time to do other things and gas to play other game modes. And it will give us more time to try to win the higher levels - but no one is forcing us to do so. If it starts to get too frustrating, walk away from it. I did that last challenge and it was liberating. ;)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    Bill_ZRTDLichADPaqCarl_s_Hat
  • TripodTripod Member Posts: 109
    I don't see my question answered @Fearofabotplanet @Shteevie @Teeceezy . If I'm starting at lvl 23 tomorrow, will I be getting supplies in crates? This is a big deal, last challenge I had played lvl 22 over and over to benefit from double supplies. After lvl 22 the event didn't really benefit any player above lvl 61. Except for camp.
    gold2154Splatter