Special Challenge Event Preview - 'Ultimate Challenge' Event

Comments

• J_LawJ_Law Member Posts: 262
    They want feed back, and thats wonderful! I hope we can state how we feel with out it being taken wrong. I love that NG tries their best to give the greatest game. Bugs happen, they saw the problem fixed it.

They reduced the star amount we are possibly earning by about 30%. But they reduced what it takes to get to rewards by 30% also. Example 4 stars not 6 to first reward crate & 20 stars instead of 30 for first token crate. Thats a great balance!

The part I think that is getting to most of us is that they Both decreased the rounds in upper levels AND started us at higher levels. If it had been one or the other the change would have been more fair. As in , start us a the higher RSL but keep the 3 rounds per level OR keep us at a lower RSL but reduce the numbers of rounds in each level. I feel the worst for our lower leveled gamers with this change.

This is a new learning curve for all of us, and we will all adjust. Some items need tweeking, and hopefully NG will adjust them. Its only day 1 of this new way of working the challenge, numbers will let us know by Monday if it was a good change or not, and by how much.
    Open Info Page For All Players In NML
    https://www.facebook.com/Freak.Leader.J/
    Or
    Looking for a guild?
    We are Killing Walkers in the guild "Freaky Nudist"
    Our players are all level 75!
    Level 70 or higher, Message me!
    3 years open, over 3 Million Stars
    Min 10 xs level 🔥(Status - FULL)🔥
    KasimirAnnette578GeirPigBenis
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304

@abailey362 Sure, one slip up is no big deal. A constant stream of them is a different story altogether. THAT is what has people quitting in droves.

ppl are quitting the game becuase they are tired of it, and they want to have something to blame it on instead of just saying they quit to the community and their guild mates.

please show me a game, mobile, console, pc, that hasn't any any screw ups, or that you can play for 2+ years without HAVING to spend $$$ to continue, get new content, etc
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

capibaraFragziePain WalkersuzequeueAnnette578
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 181
    @J_law,
    My english is not that good, so, thx for writing what i am thinking. Nothing to add ⚔️
    J_Law
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    Ok, now we are talking

JadenAnnette578MattOfEarthautumn_ash
  • robbieverobbieve Member Posts: 19
    For me its not about round passes or rewards.I focus on assult bonus challenges in this game, I just hit lvl 55 and should be earning about 1300 stars. With this new set up, its nearly impossible to get 3 stars on all maps at lvl 25.2 and I currently have 616 stars...that should not be a wall for lvl 20 toons with maxed out lvl 23 gear. I spend alot of real money on this game daily, the leader of a LB guild. This must be a one time thing...or this game is toast.
    WellyLugabigbeanoKaLiEdd8Geir
    > @JayZ said:
    > > @robbieve said:
    > > For me its not about round passes or rewards.I focus on assult bonus challenges in this game, I just hit lvl 55 and should be earning about 1300 stars. With this new set up, its nearly impossible to get 3 stars on all maps at lvl 25.2 and I currently have 616 stars...that should not be a wall for lvl 20 toons with maxed out lvl 23 gear. I spend alot of real money on this game daily, the leader of a LB guild. This must be a one time thing...or this game is toast.
    >
    > Everyone is earning fewer stars under the new system, it’s not just you. Your relative rank compared to other players should still be comparable, which is what actually matters.
    >
    > Also, I highly doubt you were earning 1300 stars under the old system. That would imply that you were at least getting to RSL28. If you could pass RSL28 levels, you can probably get three stars on RSL25.

My PR is right around 1250ish at RSL28... but now my gear is maxed.
    Correction: PR 1225 at RSL28
  • J_LawJ_Law Member Posts: 262
    > @drinkmepretty said:
    > How do i find the ultimate challenge. I can only see the farmland challenge

This is it. Higher starting level and less rounds per level
    Open Info Page For All Players In NML
    https://www.facebook.com/Freak.Leader.J/
    Or
    Looking for a guild?
    We are Killing Walkers in the guild "Freaky Nudist"
    Our players are all level 75!
    Level 70 or higher, Message me!
    3 years open, over 3 Million Stars
    Min 10 xs level 🔥(Status - FULL)🔥
    drinkmeprettyOvergrowdaworldPigBenis
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 281
    Just gonna say i like this set up. Dont really care where my stars end up, because as was mentioned avove, everyone, everywhere will be reduced by the same relative amount. Less grind = muy beuno for me!!

Also, yes, the stacked rewards are sweet, and I would lovw to see them stay this way, but that's probably shooting for the moon.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Less grind is always good, so that part is great

Here's my only beef so far
    No contact at all from support regarding my missing round passes
    With 18 rounds playing I should have 6, but I only have 4 round passes
    There should be a way to fix that

paintbeastTripod
  • mobbiemobbie Member Posts: 154
    Dumb and useless stuck at 450 stars I normally do 800 i cant do level 24 what a waste of 24h fuel and a weekend,
    Overgrowdaworld
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 349
    > @EL34xyz said:
    > Less grind is always good, so that part is great
    >
    > Here's my only beef so far
    > No contact at all from support regarding my missing round passes
    > With 18 rounds playing I should have 6, but I only have 4 round passes
    > There should be a way to fix that

Finishing 18 should give you 5
    David_H79
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    edited November 2017
    So far @Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet @Shteevie I am very happy with this structure. So much less useless grind. And, personally, I like the armored and fatties that spawn at the .2 level. I'm mostly through the grind stage on the first day while having free time, which is refreshing to say the least.

I "strategically" slept through the round-pass hiccup... okay, fine, I just wasn't awake yet. While I can't say things are all hunky-dory because it didn't affect me personally, I have to expect NG to make this right in the same way they do when the bugs take over and provide the lost round passes to all of those who are missing them due to the bug. I could be wrong on that and if they can't figure out how to provide round passes to those that lost them my hope is that they will compensate in some way. Yes, bugs suck, but a bug that is fixed within a number of hours is much better than a bug that has been active since the releasing of a trait (say, Michonne's leader trait, revenge, Ezekiel's leader trait... well, it's a long list) without an attempt to fix it in the several updates since their release.

All in all, positive feedback so far on the challenge structure.

*edited--I didn't know the punish trait while opening a gate had been fixed from stopping their progress even though the punish trait activates and punishes an adjacent walker. Hurray!
    J_Lawshaunatthepub
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    DLich said:

I have to listen to it anyway

No you don't.

SOURCES: experience as a father of eight
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Edd8DLich
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 381
    I must agree a little bit with above.
  • CarlosOlivieraCarlosOliviera Member Posts: 19
    Looking good great work guys
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    > @MattOfEarth said:
    > XP/Supplies. The extra stars were just an added bonus.

You can repeat without advancing a round.
    paintbeastJadenOvergrowdaworldMattOfEarth
  • mobbiemobbie Member Posts: 154
    edited November 2017
    level 19 pink toons cant do level 25 now.. how about push back to normal and have same rewards? mean this great for end game players not so much for ppl 15 lvls away from it.
    GeirMattOfEarth