Special Challenge Event Preview - 'Ultimate Challenge' Event

Comments

• MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    Don’t take this wrong @WeekOne because I mean this in the most sincere way.. It’s nice to see us on the same page with something, for the first time in a long time :joy::sweat_smile:
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    WeekOne
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 532
    edited November 2017
    EL34xyz said:

I don’t mind less stars when we get more tokens and can hit the wall in a day.
    My only concern is that I have lvl 18 survivors and I’m getting lvl 16 gear from the challenge crates. How does that help in any way other than scrapping for xp? I want lvl 18 and 19 gear.

I have level 21 srvrs and I am getting level 22 gear
    So that is perfect for me

Have you got all your srvrs leveled up to 18?
    Are all your camp buildings leveled up?

Whatever the magic formula is, I find I have great luck with phone calls and crates when I level up everything in my camp and my srvrs
    Now that I hit the wall at lvl 24 walker spawns with lvl 18 survivors, I will have plenty of time this weekend to lvl up any stragglers like Rufus, and 1 other scout named Sweettooth, that are still at 16. Didn’t realize they all had to be at 18. Thank you for that info. That will help a lot.
    Appreciated! :smiley:
  • berg280berg280 Member Posts: 147
    I do like this change. I'm on level 30 now with a lot of time to pick away which I didn't have before. the only thing I don't like is the feeling of getting high stars. if NG could find a way to keep the challenges lime this but calculate the stars so you are still getting up there I would be all for it. right now my PB is 1688. to beat that I'll have to wait till council level 40 lol. but all in all I like it :)
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    > @overgrowdaworld said:

> Now that I hit the wall at lvl 24 walker spawns with lvl 18 survivors, I will have plenty of time this weekend to lvl up any stragglers like Rufus, and 1 other scout named Sweettooth, that are still at 16. Didn’t realize they all had to be at 18. Thank you for that info. That will help a lot.
    > Appreciated! :smiley:

That's incorrect. You need to catch all of your buildings up to your current council level. That is what determines the level of gear drops. If the rest of your buildings catch up to your council, you only need one survivor of each type at your highest current level. Leveling Rufus and Sweettooth won't make a bit of difference.
    TJSDavid_H79EL34xyzbigbeano
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Mystique said:

Don’t take this wrong @WeekOne because I mean this in the most sincere way.. It’s nice to see us on the same page with something, for the first time in a long time :joy::sweat_smile:

Thanks.... right back at you! :*<3

Mystique
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 177
    Ok, i am pretty done with the challenge. Last time i finished up with about 1400 stars, now its 1002 so far and not much more to ge without using a,ounts of ol. So it ended up about exactly my prognosis was. For me and 2 members of my guild it was 30% less stars.
    But this new changes all in all are good. Playing goes a bit faster and i have more time for other things, such as «family» lol.
    Bill_ZRT
    Sorry, the autocorrect is horrible. I ment « not much more to go without using big amounts of gold» lol
    CrowTRobot
  • BogonBogon Member Posts: 24
    I'm liking the new challenge format.
    Really like that there's less grind, and I like the new challenge & guild rewards.
    Expecting I'll play just as much, if not more.
    Way to go NG.
  • El_SargeEl_Sarge Member Posts: 15
    Kudos to NG for a smart modification of the challenge!
    TJS
  • GeirGeir Member Posts: 40
    This time i not use money at free gas and I have time wait for survivors to heal without use any gold.
    Only use some gold yesterday for extra gas.

In marketing I learn that keep the costumer so long at possible inside the store or shopping mall because then we make more money.
    Maybe NG have find a new way to make money to keep the player use smaller time at be logged in to NML.

Hope the shopping mall do the same so it's possible to do Christmas shopping before Christmas without stay in line for hours ;)

Keep up the good work NG ;)
    Overgrowdaworldbigbeano
    edited December 2017

> @overgrowdaworld said:

> Now that I hit the wall at lvl 24 walker spawns with lvl 18 survivors, I will have plenty of time this weekend to lvl up any stragglers like Rufus, and 1 other scout named Sweettooth, that are still at 16. Didn’t realize they all had to be at 18. Thank you for that info. That will help a lot.

> Appreciated! :smiley:

That's incorrect. You need to catch all of your buildings up to your current council level. That is what determines the level of gear drops. If the rest of your buildings catch up to your council, you only need one survivor of each type at your highest current level. Leveling Rufus and Sweettooth won't make a bit of difference.

Ha! I knew It couldn’t be that easy. LOL!
    So instead of 2 surv’s at 559k xp each, or whatever, I gotta get my training grounds and workshop lvl’d up with 9 mil cans. LOL! Gonna be a nice grind with Glenn at the helm this weekend. :neutral:
    That should take me right into Monday.
    red333
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    Im at 525, I havent seen any legendary weapons at all, only xp
    TJS1RisSPC_TORRES
    My clan members are ready to call it quits, they dont play as much as they used to anymore
    So, almost everybody of us veterans (me too) agrees that The ultimate challenge is a success, why its called ultimate, maybe NG knows, lol.
    But please NG, dont forget the new players . The veterans have the badges to increase their stars, but the younger players doesnt have that. That means the gap between them gets bigger and bigger, i read that in the goild chat every day. Younger players get frystratet and stop playing.
    Earlier in this chat you argumentet that the new players could work «a bit harder» to get higher in the charts... lol, why do you deny to give them the tools to do so? Their only chance to get more than average stars is by badges. Everybody should get the possibility to create them from the first day of play, not only the veterans.
    I dont know if you are interrested in that feedback but i promissed my members to name it. Thx
    GeirTapatio75OvergrowdaworldFragzie
  • Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 2
    Been playing since the game came out. I see this as a big negative. The challenge used the least gas for the most rewards and often involved one min gas to make it even easier. It has been the easiest method of getting free gear and upgrades. Not any more thanks to all of you who complain incessantly about grinding. The so called grind through the challenge was actually something I enjoyed. Only certain things, that don’t really matter btw, were increased to compensate for fewer levels. Now we have far fewer crates to open, less supplies and xp, and less of the crates used to get free gear under the trade tab. All this change does is increase the need to spend cash to keep up. How can you guys be blind to this big negative?
    Tapatio75crambert_necpaintbeastJayZJadenPhalanx44bigbeanoPandreqKyrusgold2154KaLiKasimirberg280Raven2318suzequeueR2runfastAimless1016EL34xyz
    @Garrison64 because they spend money to buy bundles and speed up the upgrades so they dont spend weeks to get to max level (like me)

but now without the supplies that we were getting on those lower level it will take me even longer to get 70 mill to max my camp
    FragzieAimless1016
  • iamedgeiamedge Member Posts: 68
    edited December 2017
    I really like the new format, being that it takes less time. I can handle less xp in exchange for more time in real life to not be grinding in the challenge. But what's not cool, is nerfing the golden crates to give insta-scrap green level gear 100% of the time. I've never seen anything like this. After I wasted 25 gold five times, I realized its not a fluke. So I'm not watching commercials anymore for this garbage, so that's hurting you guys NG
    Mabiki said:

If I'm understanding correctly, what you need to do is level up everything but training grounds. If you're neglecting levelling your farms, xp tents, radio tower, walker pit, etc., then your survivor level will outpace your player level, and your gear from challenge and TG crates will be lower level than you need.
    I’ve been lvl’ing up everything in my camp. The only thing I’ve kinda neglected is my radio tower. Will that make the difference? Lvl’ing up the tower?
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,305
    edited December 2017
    1k Stars is perfect Difficulty 30. Some hitting perfect 32s
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @overgrowdaworld yes, the bp from the radio tower does make a difference.
    TJSOvergrowdaworld
    ... but, the scavenge will be our new grind... if the price for gas doesnt fall.
  • OldweirdeddieOldweirdeddie Member Posts: 1,169
    I'm really enjoying the new format. The grind was really getting to me, probably due to my (unhealthy) obsession with getting every possible star. Now I can relax & enjoy the game knowing I have ample time to indulge my OCD.

Sentiment in guild is same, overall thumbs up.
    Edd8berg280
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 292
    i hope the new format becomes permanent. Less time required to succeed in challenges, optional grind (such as scavenge missions) and better rewards; all is very good.
    Raven2318
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,465
    I have a very simple semi-solution to balance things for a while until this gets solved:

- Up the starting lvl from 14 to 15 (for end gamers);
    - Make it so that there’s no time lock while playing under round passes. For example: Under 9 round passes, you will be able to play the first 9 rounds without triggering the time lock;
    - Make Supplies available until you are full, so being full is actually a goal (because you will then maximize gear + XP on rewards).

These small changes are pleasant to all players. They make the grind less painful and don’t take away the rewards some are complaining so much.
    Monsuta
  • SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2017
    Kasimir said:

... but, the scavenge will be our new grind... if the price for gas doesnt fall.

Having the grind option be the thing specifically set up for grinding, is the definition of a "good problem to have". It's far better to have something that you can finish a tank's worth of gas with in 15 minutes as the grind. And if you insist on buying a gas booster, you'll get a hell of a lot more out of hard scavenge runs than you will out of a dozen rounds of challenge below your RSL.

I only voted against this in the informal poll because of bugs in implementation. If they fix that, and leave the double guild bonuses in place, I'd say this is by far the best change they've ever made. I'm really liking that I'm banging my head against the hard rounds on Friday morning instead of Sunday afternoon.
    Monsuta
  • GhostdanceGhostdance Member Posts: 30
    A massive step in the right direction NG so respect to you guys for listening to the gripes!!.....only thing I would tweak with the new Challenge set up is to drop the 4 levels on 30 and above to 2 levels.....this will keep star counts closer amongst high level players and players a bit behind them in strength.....for example a player who can reach level 32 will have a massive star difference over a player who maxes out on level 29.....we dont want to dishearten the up and coming big hitters! That said.....great job NG on giving us back some time to catch up with the jobs we should have done months ago!
    Co Leader of Trinity.
    Drunkenbigbeano