"Ultimate Challenge" event - DLich's assessment

DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
Less grind rounds certainly is beneficial for most if not all players. I want to start out that I am thankful and looking forward to less of a grind. My ultimate goal, regardless of stars, is to assess the situation regarding rewards and ensure that we aren't getting less rewards due to this.

Off the bat we are playing 1/3 less rounds. So expect star counts to be 1/3 of what they are now. If you currently attain 1,000 stars most likely you will finish around 700. If you earn 1500 stars then most likely you will finish around 1,050. 1/3 of all the rounds a typical player will play have been eliminated and thus the stars that go along with it.

I will base my assessment on my own individual numbers to see how many less rounds & stars I should earn this week (compared to what I would had this not been changed) and see what needs to occur to "remain constant" when it comes to rewards.

My PB is 1367, My average star count is 1200 and I can complete 27.1 without issue (almost perfect through 27.1). My guild attains around 24,000 stars each challenge.

Under the current structure I complete 30 rounds (24 of which are played) and earn double rewards on 6 of them.

To save time and space I will advise earning 6 RP's and completing a total of 30 rounds (6 being double TG rewards) I earn a total of 27,025 TG's just by completing rounds alone. To make it past 27.1 in this new cycle I will be completing 21 rounds.

So I hope that by playing 9 less rounds I will still earn 27,015 TG's

Regarding guild and personal rewards those are easier to scale since it's basically 30% less stars. We are playing 1/3 less rounds (mostly) since .3 is being eliminated on RSL's 19-29 but during skips you will get slightly more but less rounds. To save headache I have found it's between 30% and 31% less stars. Again not a big deal if the rewards I attain don't change. Since the 100% scale is being reduced to 70% as long as the reward thresholds change along with it I am fine.

It would be a huge step in the right direction for NG to allow us to play less rounds and yet still earn the same rewards. My goal is to not get screwed out of any rewards I currently earn. As long as that happens I don't care if I play less (I'm happy to play less and earn less stars as long as I don't earn less rewards).

I have also found that regardless of your skill level (maxing at 24, 27, 30, 32) for the most part it's 30% less stars.

As expected here is my new perfect star chart!!

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
DBonesMystiquePicMadi淡水地鼠paintbeastGeneral_PainJadenMovadoTroublemakerGovernatorKaLiTimboskiromeozeeblackdocfinzenburgsbfAnDronchikPutchucoR2runfastConan1976mik81WeekOneOldweirdeddieAndreabonziBiraju_MAVERICKSGarretPandreqvalereeeanniesprinkles

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,021
    Thanks @DLich - I knew it wouldn't take long before you posted some kind of a chart :)

As a suggestion for your next graphical analysis of this challenge, it would be helpful to create a table that compares expected stars to rewards tiers? Something with the following columns:
    - Stars earned (for each reward tier)
    - Type of reward (regular, deluxe, token crate)
    - RSL to hit the reward tier (assuming perfect stars and no round passes)

Once we figure out the reward tiering of the new challenge, we can then add three columns to the right for comparison. Hopefully we will see that getting to RSL27.1 with the special challenge will result in the same number of regular, deluxe, and token crates as RSL27.1 in the current challenge system.

I was hoping to compile this data, but I'm unfortunately going to be busier than I want to be at work :(
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    DLich
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November 2017
    Being in Mavericks I’ve got some players from MRR to help with guild rewards thresholds as well as a dominating player @Melificent on for individual top tier rewards.

The data will come.

I will say I expect to play 40% less challenge that’s a plus. I just don’t want to receive 40% less rewards.

TimboskiromeoBiraju_MAVERICKS
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 859
    edited November 2017
    @DLich - first of all, thanks for the chart, it’s useful guidelines.

But, question: are you sure the starting RSL at 17 is already immediately double-rounds? I’m not saying it’s contrary, but just wondering since the prior starting rsl at 14-thru-18 were single rounds until 19 becoming triple. Did NG confirm?

If yes, then Thanks again!

If no, then....well...you should maybe start over with that chart, lol.

But no matter what, thanks dude!
    tabernacTimboskiromeo
    Movado said:

But, question: are you sure the starting RSL at 17 is already immediately double-rounds? I’m not saying it’s contrary, but just wondering since the prior starting rsl at 14-thru-18 were single rounds until 19 becoming triple. Did NG confirm?

Good observation. I think the repeats start at average of top three survivors minus one. For example, if you have three level 23 survivors, you would start double rounds at RSL 22.
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 354
    @Movado I really hope that double rounds only start after 5 single rounds.. i.e. 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22.1, 22.2, 23.1, 23.2, ... And also I hope that there will not be quadruple rounds from difficulty 30 onwards. This, combined with round passes after every 3 rounds, might actually make challenges playable again. But lets see how it goes.
    tabernac
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    For players with survivors level 20 and above double rounds start at RSL 19 and quadruple rounds at RSL 30.
    DLichGeneral_PainKuduk
    David_H79 said:

For players with survivors level 20 and above double rounds start at RSL 19 and quadruple rounds at RSL 30.

Where are you getting RSL19 from?

@Shteevie @Teeceezy or @Fearofabotplanet - can one of you guys provide clarification so we're all on the same page?
    The rules of engagement currently is anyone at 3+ lvl 20’s start at 14 triple at 19

@Fearofabotplanet states it’s o lu double rounds and those that start at 14 (anyone 3+ lvl 20’s will now start at lvl 17)

I have to assume singer rounds are done. I also have to assume if I started at 14 normally as round 1 then 17.1 would be round 1 now.

No mention of removing single rounds but it’s implied.

If you stated at 14 and tripled at 19 and quadrupled at 30 you’ll now start at 17, double at 17 until 29 and quadruple at 30+

Timboski
    There’s no way for @Fearofabotplanet to speak on behalf of every player. So saying “those that normally start at 14 will start at 17” implies 14 is gone and 17 is the “norm”

Since double rounds is the “norm” it’s easy to assume there’s

17.1, 17.2
    18.1, 18.2
    19.1, 19.2
    20.1, 20.2

Etc

29.1, 29.2

Then.

30.1, 30.2, 30.3, 30.4 etc

Timboski
    5 single rounds 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Triple rounds 19-29

Quadruple rounds 30+

Changed to

Double rounds 17-29
    Quadruple rounds 30+

That’s how I’m reading it

Timboski
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,446
    I still don't understand why we can't get single rounds with higher rewards....
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    capibara said:

I still don't understand why we can't get single rounds with higher rewards....

Then players don't need to buy gas booster anymore unless for grinding.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    Timboski
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    JayZ said:

David_H79 said:

Where are you getting RSL19 from?

@Shteevie @Teeceezy or @Fearofabotplanet - can one of you guys provide clarification so we're all on the same page?
    @JayZ For me the announcement is clear.

From the announcement:

The tough missions will start sooner in this Challenge. Instead of playing 3 rounds per difficulty, you will advance after 2 completed rounds. The second round in each difficulty will be a little tricker than before.

Starting difficulty will be slightly higher; for example, players who usually start the Challenge at difficulty 14 will start instead at difficulty 17.

I read you start at 17 instead of 14.
    Triple rounds are replaced by double rounds.
    There isn't announced that single rounds are removed and also a change in the quadruple rounds.
    docfinzenburg1RisTimboskicrambert_nec
    14, 15, 16, 17, 18
    19.1, 19.2, 19.3, 20.1, 20.2
    20.3, 21.1, 21.2, 21.3, 22.1
    22.2, 22.3, 23.1, 23.2, 23.3
    24.1, 24.2, 24.3, 25.1, 25.2
    25.3, 26.1, 26.2, 26.3, 27.1 --- To earn 6 RP's over 30 rounds (skip 6 play 24)

17, 18, 19.1
    19.2, 20.1, 20.2
    21.1, 21.2, 22.1
    22.2, 23.1, 23.2
    24.1, 24.2, 25.1
    25.2, 26.1, 26.2 --- To earn 6 RP's over 18 rounds (skip 6 play 12)
    27.1, 27.2, 28.1

I can earn the same number of RP's playing 1/2 the time.

Since the higher rounds are 1K TG per round, if I stop after 26.2 I will have earned the same number of RP's and playing 12 less rounds. Assuming it's 5 gas per map, 6 maps, 12 rounds that's 360 gas.

Outposts are 2 gas each meaning I could play 180 outpost maps with the gas I'm no longer using in the challenge to achieve the same point. Assuming 500 TG's per play and a 80% success rate of reaching the crate we're looking at 72,000 TG's. That more than makes up for the difference of not getting 1K TG's for 12 rounds.

Less playing the challenge does give more time to do other things in the game. Even if I'm on a gas booster I won't feel like "I'm playing all day long the challenge".

I'm going to play 12 rounds this week instead of 24. That's a huge drop in rounds as a somewhat f2p player.

TroublemakerJaden
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 496

What does @dlich mean? Reminds me of lichen, maybe delicious lichen? Just had to ask
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
    afroponix said:

What does @dlich mean? Reminds me of lichen, maybe delicious lichen? Just had to ask

start at the 4 minute mark it'll explain.

afroponix
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 496
    Lol got ya, same story behind AfroPonix, had an Afro a had an abundance of hydroponix and my friends combined the 2
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
    bigbeano
    edited November 2017
    Null

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Thanks @DLich for spending your time to make these spread sheets!!!
    Extremely helpful for all players!

You're a great asset to this community!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    JadenDLichOldweirdeddie
  • RickGramesRickGrames Member Posts: 387
    great job @DLich
    IGN : Rick
    Currently : Level 71
    Guild : MAVERICKS NWO

★ The spirit of ULTIMA LEGIONE is alive ★
    LINE ID : rickgrames
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,332
    afroponix said:

Lol got ya, same story behind AfroPonix, had an Afro a had an abundance of hydroponix and my friends combined the 2

Nice! That must be why my friends call me well-endowed-but-extremely-modest-guy. Doesn't exactly flow off the tongue though...
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

KratosDBones
  • OlivierOlivier Member Posts: 30
    Thank you for implementing exactly everything I asked for in my previous thread from 2 weeks ago.

I can't wait to test the new challenge system and let us hope it'll stay this way.
    Biraju_MAVERICKSbigbeanoMonsutaJackBauer
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 385
    @DLich is there a legend for the cell shading colors?
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS

@DLich is there a legend for the cell shading colors?

Light Purple and Light Orange is every 3 rounds when you should expect to earn a RP after defeating it
    Green is a round that you earn double rewards
    Dark Purple and Dark Orange is a round where you earn double rewards as well as an RP
    Blue is a skipped round
    Yellow on the top just shows how what round you need to defeat to earn that number of RP's
    Red on the side shows the number of RP's you earn in total after defeating that RSL round

PandreqJerryDixon
  • PandreqPandreq Member Posts: 181
    @DLich - thanks for your speedy analysis. Top work
    Founding Member of ELITE KILLERS guild family
    Leader of “EK Casual” guild
    Long-Standing opponent of The Grind