ULTIMATE CHALLENGE / NORMAL CHALLENGE

TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
In an extra attempt to gain some feedback for NG on this weeks 'Ultimate Challenge' place a vote & if you like, add some details on your experience.

Please keep comments constructive and not focus on the bugs with round passes etc.
(We all hope & except bug with RPs will be fixed)

**You may want to hold off your vote until the end of challenge.

***You may also like to mention any changes you'd like to see with the Ultimate Challenge if it was to become permanent.

ULTIMATE CHALLENGE / NORMAL CHALLENGE 181 votes

I like the Ultimate Challenge & would like it to be permanent
82%
pirate1125PutchucodemongirlAnnette578Loewe1968RickGramesGeneral_PainWalkerKillerdiogeeKaLiIvoMorgokDoTakElkadorBill_ZRTR2runfast8900rpmcapibaraatrainofficialJerryDixon 150 votes
I like the Ultimate Challenge but would like to go back to the usual system
3%
TransmuteJunjesterDIblisAnDronchikMojakuSleeperyJeemAudreym 7 votes
I don't like the Ultimate Challenge
12%
FragziecotodosozeeblackTripodbladgierDragonfyreJ_LawRikochetDbld1369marie1980MattOfEarthMarkus_Nick37GeirallisFahqbendoverXanadurebirthunionBreshsuzyq 23 votes
I don't care
0%
CrashOut 1 vote
-
TJS  -  Member of W-S
Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
TroublemakerpradicapibaraDLichwrinkled_bagJericoI_Am_PsychoOvergrowdaworld

Comments

• bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,960
    edited November 2017
    I don't like the Ultimate Challenge
    Because there's no more deluxe crates after 1.1k stars mark.

Edit:

Thanks @TJS as per usual I have acted hasty.
    I would like to change my vote from Don't like to Don't care.
    That is not because I do not actually care, it's because I'm thorn lirerally 50/50 and can't make my mind.

On one side you've got less grind, much faster progress and rewards, less time spent on the challenge and more time to do other things, but that favors heavily "hardcore" players.
    On the 2nd, less rounds means less progression tg's and post mission crates.
    That also means much less supplies from challenge that lots if not majority of players needs. I personally don't nees supplies anynore, just thinking about everybody here, we all did need supplies to get when we are.
    Also scavenge is more expensive to get supplies and everything else so even if those less "hardcore players" need supplies, their game progression gets slower down.

The other thing is that this kind of gameplay favors again those strong player that get to the rsl 30th every challenge regardless of class bonus without bigger issiues.
    Myself I'm a type of a player that gets to 29th and leaves it there or sometimes gets trough 29th and reaches 30th rarely without even touching it.
    That means, my competing chances get lower down furthermore due to 2 rounds format up until 30t.

Overall this format is very good for long time "hardcore veterans" but less attractive to new and mid game ones.

Again, I'm not saying no to either. It's a tough call to me really. Something like in between would be nice I guess. Like 3 rounds from 27th, 28th maybe?

I'll be watching from side how this thing progresses.
    TJS1LostWarriorSplatterArtisansFahqbendover
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited November 2017
    > @bladgier said:
    > Because there's no more deluxe crates after 1.1k stars mark.

I saw this mentioned in another thread and @Fearofabotplanet said "Thanks for the report, we'll look into it" so maybe this was not intended & will be changed/fixed.

But all the same, thanks @bladgier for your feedback.

***edit to add link to latest response on this;
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/279643/#Comment_279643
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Sans the bugs, I’m also loving the new system. Good call with this poll, TJS
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    TJSDavid_H79atrainofficialSplatter
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    I really love the ultimate challenge.
    Less trivial rounds and faster progress to the interesting stages.
    A noticeable difficulty increase in the second round through armored and fatty spawn.
    Adjusted reward stages and a similar number of earned round passes in the end (I think so far, will see at the end).

I don't know how lower level players are effected, so can't say something here.

As a bonus this week we have double (?) guild rewards and more tokens in the token crates.
    Even without I would love to see this as a permanent change.

Maybe some adjustments are possible for the players who love to have some more rounds. Start at a lower RSL, triple rounds from 27 to 29 or something like that.
    TJS
  • TeenahGeeTeenahGee Member Posts: 254
    I am waiting to vote as well. In some aspects, I do like the new format. However, I want to see how far I can get. I am not a maxed out player, survivor level 16. I think changing both the starting level and the number of rounds may be too much of an adjustment. Also, it is hard to tell if the rewards are equal with the double guild event.
    TJS_Lily_
  • DLHDLH Member Posts: 395
    I like the Ultimate challenge with the caveat that the reward levels stay where they are this challenge. Otherwise Nah
    Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
    TJSautumn_ashbigbeano_Lily_
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,786
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/31311/what-does-capybara-says
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    TJSbigbeanoDBones
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,007
    I was very angry yesterday missing my round pass, especially when NG send me a generic message telling me that they couldn't fix it. They can target me with a message but not give me an extra round pass. Really??? But putting that issue aside...

The new challenge is interesting, and I certainly like the double guild rewards. But doubling the guild rewards is not permanent. I'm getting close to the end of the challenge and will likely finish it today, leaving a looong weekend with no challenge to play. This means I will probably play less. I'm not sure how this benefits NG. I know it doesn't benefit me.

But most of all, I am unhappy with the loss of TG (because of playing fewer rounds). If they doubled the end of round TG, that would alleviate this issue for me, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen...
    TJSJackBauerSplatter
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    Yes yes make a permanent change for the better :)
    TJSbigbeano
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 319
    Its good if round passes work and we keep double rewards. If Not the double rewards you're losing too much IMO
    TJSFragzie
  • SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 96
    Get the bugs out (broken ad rewards, miscalculated round passes, missing milestones) and keep the double guild rewards as standard and I am more than good with it. Until all that’s fixed go back to the old one.
    TJS
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 296
    edited November 2017
    I want to add my voice to the chorus. NG cannot go back, even temporarily, to the grind of the previous challenge set up.

I'm sure tweaks can and will be made to the new style to further improve it, I won't lie I'd love to see a permanent increase in rewards, but going back after this would likely cause people to riot.
    autumn_ashDBonesTJS
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    edited November 2017
    Don't forget that they are wanting feedback in the game help menu also, so go do that.

I sent this feedback this morning and got this reply

JerryDixonDBonesTJSJaden
  • CrazyDCrazyD Member Posts: 456
    edited November 2017
    Love the less grind. Only thing im not liking is the fact that you have armored or tanks on Every map now on the .2 lvl

I like diversity and thinking about adding those Every other round makes me want to use my best toons quicker and more for taking them on. I Like maps with only normal walkers as well in the mix.... like the nest with loads of normals thats already challenging on higher Lvls. Since this challenge the farmlands is mostly open spaced maps where i can manouvre a lot i dont have much trouble with the tanks or armored added, and well its assault week as well.... but interesting to see this effect on small chalenge maps....

Imo a mix of old and new sounds best....the old challenge 3 maps per rsl can stay.... except more frequently round passes and start at higher rsl like this challenge did.

But.... LOVING the reduced grind!!!!
    (Re)tired
    TJSArtisans
This discussion has been closed.