ULTIMATE CHALLENGE / NORMAL CHALLENGE

Comments

• SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 344
    edited November 2017
    I like the Ultimate Challenge & would like it to be permanent
    I’m holding my vote for a bit, but I do want to give my feedback.

I guess i’m a mid level player. I am at camp level 45 with survivors level 18 down. I hate the grind. Loathe it. However, I need xp for my survivors and my gear, and I need supplies for upgrading. The guild stars don’t matter much because I am the top producer in my guild with 500-600 stars and the biggest majority of the rest earning 100 stars or less.

Although the Ultimate Challenge is a complete joy to play, I can’t afford to lose trading goods to buy tokens and gear, lose xp when my survivors need to be leveled up, or miss the extra supplies when all my buildings need upgraded.

For those of you who are at max level everything, I know the change is, well, the Ultimate of changes! For me, I am still needy.

My vote is torn. I need to keep the grind, in which I find no joy, so I can get the things I need. I would prefer to change to the Ultimate challenge, which I am loving, with the condition of either adjusting the rewards given or scale back on the amount needed to continue moving forward in the game.
    TJSautumn_ashDbld1369
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,345
    I absolutely agree with @CrazyD on the extra “special” spawns! As if level 30 wasn’t bad enough there are extras on 30.2-30.3 and extra “extras” on 30.4... a bit of overkill I think.. especially on many of the other challenges we have!
    ⚔️Leader - TheHerdReturned⚔️
    CrazyDbigbeanoTJS
  • JericoJerico Member Posts: 1
    A mí me gusta más el máximo desafio y me gustaria que fuera permanente. Creo que me deja mas tiempo para hacer otro tipo de misiones
    TJSsbf
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 344
    edited November 2017
    @Bill_ZRT, I’ve never played Outpost. For some reason it is extremely intimidating to me.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,839

@SmokeandMirrors make sure to take a scout for the extra movement distance. After taking out the initial walkers, position all of your team next to the gate and end turn. On your next turn, open the gate with one of the other team members so your scout has full ap. Have the scout run over and grab the crate and then hit the complete button. No need to fight defenders at all. If you run into a player that is blocking the crate, you can flee to avoid a fight and hospital time.

Edit: typo

I take out the defenders always now because everyone does the same thing to me :)

Even though I put the crate right in front of the gate,
    I put my 3 lamest heroes all the way to the back
    I set them on stationary and give them all level 1 through 5 gear
    So now, I take the influence unless it looks like it is going to get ugly :)
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @DLH That's fair but, at least it spreads the grind out to more than the same 6 maps.
    JadenTJSDBones
  • RINO4739RINO4739 Member Posts: 36
    Liking the new challenge. Way less grind. Thank you!!!!
    TJS
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    @DLich just to clarify, i wasn't stating that any player is getting 'fewer' challenge crates/token crates, etc, I realize that those rewards are coming at a lower stat requirment to offset to lower star counts earned, thats basically all a wash. What i was saying is that the Ultimate Challenge came with increased token values, and a higher chance of epic and legendary equip in the reward crates. So far, there is no concrete evidence to suggest those will absolutely stay on as a permanent change, if the rounds format does indeed change.

And running in tandem with a double guilds rewards event, alot of people may mistakenly think that NG nerfed the reward levels next week when we see what the new 'normal' is going to be.

I agree with all your other conclusions. I too think this entire format is better in all aspects over the previous version.
    _Lily_DLichTJS
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited December 2017
    @Muzz
    Excellent point there. I've been thinking the same thing.

Rather than just finishing a round and missing a couple stars we have time be more strategical to complete rounds with full stars.
    Therefore using more survivors/classes than usual.

This definitely makes the game better and more to what should be intended.
    I'm sure everyone like myself has multiple survivors that consistently sit on the shelf, now I'll use more survivors, understand hero and survivor traits better.

Still holding off on my vote but the futher into the challenge I get and the comments I read, I'm more than ever liking this system and hope it stays.

That being said, I still believe there's room for improvement and there are many comments here to support that.

**edit spelling (and yes I know my grammar is terrible)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    David_H79DBonesSCBMA
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    I like this change, less challengre grinding means more time for other things, not even related to the game itself.
    TJS
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,860
    I have not voted yet but so far I love the changes.

Might it be a solution for the people who want to grind the low levels to let players select if they want to use their round passes or discard them? Not that I get why you would want to play the lower levels with lower rewards instead of repeating higher level missions but to each their own.

Guess the loss of personal TG rewards is a trade-off for the reduced grind and I'll gladly take it.

I find myself replaying rounds that I would have accepted to be just 2 stars in order to be able to move on, trying another tactic. So totally agree on that point.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    DBonesTJSSCBMA
  • GeirGeir Member Posts: 38
    I don't like the Ultimate Challenge
    The new system it's great for people tired of playing.
    But the new system don't take care about players like to play , players on low level and new players.
    NG have to lose a lots of money in this new system.

If it's like the distance so you can choose between normal and hard I will go back to normal again.

The most of us play for enjoy and kill some free time.
    So complain about use time on a game hmm.
    With the new system I probably not use smaller time but have to play more of the boring part push push push.
    I save money in this new system so that's maybe good.

Scavenge it's for me dead as well, since the rewards have drop dramatically.
    And when not pay for free gas longer the gas price to high.
    And the distance I only play for rewards and I not see the fun in distance.
    This other game with 14 level I don't remember name of I finish all level including the hard level.

So for me it's the challenge I think it's the fun part .

So what's left NG it's this the start of the end ?
    TJSSplatteranachro12
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @Geir
    All feedback is good and important.
    You have some valid points there.

I believe with some adjustments the system can work better for all players.

Thanks for your comment & vote!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Geirant
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 655
    I like the Ultimate Challenge but would like to go back to the usual system
    15 rounds and only 3 round passes?
    Atleast normal chqllenge works as intended.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,860
    @DIblis
    That was a bug - an unfortunate one - and of course we are talking about the challenge structure minus bugs. Normal challenge had bugs, too - remember the incident when they did reset the challenge?
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    TJS
This discussion has been closed.