Bring back the Ultimate Challenge please

Comments

• The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    edited December 2017
    Monsuta said:

Maybe I should scrap all my pink star survivors then just use only legendary survivor so they'll body shot any walker 5 level & above them without using piercing weapon & charge attack.
    Then suddenly I'll be using way less total gas to reach challenging level & I'm be in very very easy grind of every weekly challenge.

Agreed. Why after ALL the tokens cost, XP etc are we penalized for having lvl 6 lvl7 onward star survivors? Your reward is meant to be they are stronger and better not oh, now you have stronger survivors well done, now enjoy tougher walkers to make them irrelevant ??? WHERE IS THE LOGIC ? Then you attack an outpost with 5 star survivors against 6 star suvivors of same level and you are disadvantaged ??? Dont even get started on badge crafting etc. WILL THE REAL LOGIC PLEASE STAND UP NG ?
    Monsuta
  • OlivierOlivier Member Posts: 30
    > @Teeceezy said:
    > Should have maybe gone into more detail with my post:
    >
    > No, the Ultimate Challenge in how it was run won't be made permanent - we can't change the system to one where it alienates a lot of the player base.
    >
    > We are going to try more challenge variations hoping to find elements within them that resonate with the whole community, and one of our primary goals is to find a solution that decreases the grind for you guys.

What is the problem with it? Back in the days we could only manage to get around 400 stars in the challenge.
    Maybe because the game advanced and our survivors have slightly better skills we would have gotten to 600 stars in the same old challenge.
    Everybody was happy!
    Now they bring the Ultimate Challenge, which is more or less the same as the first one and 17% is complaining.

1) In my opinion, 83% is still more than 17%

2) I never ever ever complained in the old days where I could just get to 400 stars. I tried my best to keep up with better players and I tried to make a name for myself with the level of survivors I had, but that's only what it takes to be a REAL gamer and not a "always-nagging-oh-my-god-I-cannot-advance-quickly-enough-I-can't-help-it-I'm-like-a-twelve-years-old-who-shouldn't-even-be-watching-the-show-player".

I prefer to be the first one.
    capibara
    Anyone ever played Fifa Ultimate Team?

Those who did will understand what I'm trying to say.

I was addicted to that game. I wanted all the best special player cards and it was great in the first years. After a while they started to bring out so many useless special cards for no reason at all, just to make more profit.

What did they do, they bombed the transfer market and ruined the game. A game to which I was addicted suddenly didn't interest me anymore (and I'm not the only one).

Now why do I bring this up?

This is exactly what they are doing with No Man's Land.

I understand that this is a business and their major goal is to make money but if you watch the movie "Seven", you'll find out somthing about greed.

To be honest, I wouldn't even play, even if they gave a "all-challenge-long-free-gas" every challenge.

To pay or not to pay, it's just to much grinding, no matter how you look at it.
    TroublemakerbanzaiZette
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 300
    I couldn't agree more @DLich

I don't care who shouts RNG at me, but I consistently see a much higher chance of pulling a high value piece of gear in the early stages of the Challenge. I believe this is done deliberately to entice casual players, which is great, but it sucks for anyone high level as it's instant scrap.

There have been many suggestions for improving the grind and one of the easiest would be to up the odds of finding usable gear as you progress to the higher levels. Yes the grind would remain, but at least we'd be rewarded for it.
  • ProjectX7ProjectX7 Member Posts: 156
    > @Olivier said:
    > 2) I never ever ever complained in the old days where I could just get to 400 stars. I tried my best to keep up with better players and I tried to make a name for myself with the level of survivors I had, but that's only what it takes to be a REAL gamer and not a "always-nagging-oh-my-god-I-cannot-advance-quickly-enough-I-can't-help-it-I'm-like-a-twelve-years-old-who-shouldn't-even-be-watching-the-show-player".
    >
    > I prefer to be the first one.

Maybe I could explain on behalf of the players who are complaining. People always complain and that’s a fact but before, people didn’t mind the grind because NG had everything working. As more and more things start to break, players get more and more frustrated. Than NG puts something that a lotta people like in. It gets awesome feedback. Than that’s lynched too. I can’t be positive this is right, but people aren’t complaining that they can’t advance quick enough. The problem is that people have lives and with the grind, it take a lot of time to advance to a relevant level, taking away from time to be with friends, family, co-workers and people like that. If I’m defending the people speaking their mind wrong, please tell me. This is just an inference from what I’ve seen from this forum.
    Jaden
    > @ProjectX7 said:
    > > @Olivier said:
    > > 2) I never ever ever complained in the old days where I could just get to 400 stars. I tried my best to keep up with better players and I tried to make a name for myself with the level of survivors I had, but that's only what it takes to be a REAL gamer and not a "always-nagging-oh-my-god-I-cannot-advance-quickly-enough-I-can't-help-it-I'm-like-a-twelve-years-old-who-shouldn't-even-be-watching-the-show-player".
    > >
    > > I prefer to be the first one.
    >
    > Maybe I could explain on behalf of the players who are complaining. People always complain and that’s a fact but before, people didn’t mind the grind because NG had everything working. As more and more things start to break, players get more and more frustrated. Than NG puts something that a lotta people like in. It gets awesome feedback. Than that’s lynched too. I can’t be positive this is right, but people aren’t complaining that they can’t advance quick enough. The problem is that people have lives and with the grind, it take a lot of time to advance to a relevant level, taking away from time to be with friends, family, co-workers and people like that. If I’m defending the people speaking their mind wrong, please tell me. This is just an inference from what I’ve seen from this forum.

That's exactly my point, I think you misread my message ;-)
  • valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
    edited December 2017
    ADPaq said:

...the problem isn't just time. With reduced gas or free gas boosters I am able to blitz through low levels to get to the higher levels and start enjoying myself, but the problem is I do not want to play the low levels at all, regardless of time. The fact it takes so long just adds insult to injury.

This.

And the unfortunate fact is that the people NG has to care the most about are the ones who feel the opposite. They love playing easy-to-beat rounds over and over again, and as soon as it gets challenging they stop playing. I would assume those folks' average spend is much, MUCH less than the average spend of people who want to avoid the grind, but there are so many of them that even spending very little on average they still make up the majority of profits.

Winner of the 'Post Your Worst Jackpot' contest Jan18
    ADPaq
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Im busy!

Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    edited December 2017
    Oh guys, there's still one free spot in our Belgian guild for the ones who are motivated ;-)

Puppies-Kittens
  • RoadRashRoadRash Member Posts: 178
    edited December 2017
    Since the ultimate challenge was a test of sorts, one that they feel alienated a portion of the player base(i'm guessing the bigger portion based upon the fact they need not be alienated) why not just add a another round to every level and test that out this may improve things.

Happy Holidays All

Warmest Regards,

Road Rash
    jimmorrison369bigbeano
  • ProjectX7ProjectX7 Member Posts: 156
    > @Olivier said:
    > > @ProjectX7 said:
    > > > @Olivier said:
    > > > 2) I never ever ever complained in the old days where I could just get to 400 stars. I tried my best to keep up with better players and I tried to make a name for myself with the level of survivors I had, but that's only what it takes to be a REAL gamer and not a "always-nagging-oh-my-god-I-cannot-advance-quickly-enough-I-can't-help-it-I'm-like-a-twelve-years-old-who-shouldn't-even-be-watching-the-show-player".
    > > >
    > > > I prefer to be the first one.
    > >
    > > Maybe I could explain on behalf of the players who are complaining. People always complain and that’s a fact but before, people didn’t mind the grind because NG had everything working. As more and more things start to break, players get more and more frustrated. Than NG puts something that a lotta people like in. It gets awesome feedback. Than that’s lynched too. I can’t be positive this is right, but people aren’t complaining that they can’t advance quick enough. The problem is that people have lives and with the grind, it take a lot of time to advance to a relevant level, taking away from time to be with friends, family, co-workers and people like that. If I’m defending the people speaking their mind wrong, please tell me. This is just an inference from what I’ve seen from this forum.
    >
    > That's exactly my point, I think you misread my message ;-)

Oh I guess I did misread it! Sorry about that! >\\\<
  • Too bad it can't be an option like The Distance. If they could somehow keep the stars earned equivalent, then you could choose The Grind or The Ultimate option. #endthegrind
    DBonesTroublemakerHeadpopper946
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Omg, this thread is insanely huge.
    Looking through to find an earlier statement and can't believe how many posts I've missed.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Olivier
  • BalubanBaluban Member Posts: 44
    Bump.
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    pls
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • BryolaBryola Member Posts: 9
    Without the Ultimate Challenge, I feel alienated. Too much grind. This level 66 is officially quitting.
    capibara
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,921
    Yes. Since this week for the first time in ages i will no buy gas booster anymore. Makes no sense to pay and play like craxy 24 hours to quit the first boring level until at least round 28.
    I was doing that for at least one year to have then 3 more days to play rounds from 28 to 31. So i will just play challenge f2p until i can... waiting for refill and stopping one day for Distance. With luck i will maybe get round 29...lol... :D
    Not sure how long...but probably has to end a certain point... :/
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    ZetteTroublemakertallinieDolores
  • BalubanBaluban Member Posts: 44
    I was on vacay two weeks ago and when I came back I realized that I can’t do this anymore.
    anachro12Gaufrier
  • DoloresDolores Member Posts: 20
    Is there another game like this that we can play in the meantime until the issues with the challenges are adjusted?

I don't want to stop playing No Man's Land but looking at the timeline of some of these threads, I am having doubts that this issue is going to be resolved soon. May be time to move on :(
    Balubananachro12Artisansbanzai
  • John_DoeJohn_Doe Member Posts: 17
    NG can cut the repeating rounds after level 23 down to 2 & every rounds after that work like the ultimate challenge, this way both casual players & veteran players won't be alienated.
    Mabikitabernac
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Back to earning a round pass every 5 rounds? Nah, not for me.
    Even earning an RP every 3 rounds doesnt ev3n scratch the surface of the insane grind in this game.
    I will be chilling without pressure of high achievements, waiting for v3.0 and a fix to challenge grind.

Two years of this insane t8me suck is more than enough.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    tabernacDBonesBalubanGovernator