Bring back the Ultimate Challenge please

1234568»

Comments

• GeirGeir Member Posts: 39
    The biggest problem is the cool down period make players don't manage to plan when they want to play.
    If they keep the 3 rounds for 1 free pass and remove or reduce the cool down many of the problem will go away.
    The ultimate challenge model I don't believe is the solution.
    First of all NG run a business so they want people to be logged in and use money. That's why we have game to play so people can create game and make money to live. so the idea to reduce the most important game in NML don't look like a good idea. NG should find a solution fast in this matter because to much negativity and negative focus in guilds will be bad in long term .

NG should look at how they run all part of the game . The scavenge cost for gas it's ridiculous. The rewards you receive in the crates it's terrible. I have scavenge to find scout armors with stun resist for 3 month and not receive anything in level 23 and legendary.
    They not sell this gear in the shop either so I don't understand why they do it like this.
    NG should release the gear player need for play the game.
    Sorry to not join the support for ultimate challenge but it's healthy to get some balance in to the discussion.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited January 2018
    > @Geir said:
    > The biggest problem is the cool down period make players don't manage to plan when they want to play.
    > If they keep the 3 rounds for 1 free pass and remove or reduce the cool down many of the problem will go away.
    > The ultimate challenge model I don't believe is the solution.
    > First of all NG run a business so they want people to be logged in and use money. That's why we have game to play so people can create game and make money to live. so the idea to reduce the most important game in NML don't look like a good idea. NG should find a solution fast in this matter because to much negativity and negative focus in guilds will be bad in long term .
    >
    > NG should look at how they run all part of the game . The scavenge cost for gas it's ridiculous. The rewards you receive in the crates it's terrible. I have scavenge to find scout armors with stun resist for 3 month and not receive anything in level 23 and legendary.
    > They not sell this gear in the shop either so I don't understand why they do it like this.
    > NG should release the gear player need for play the game.
    > Sorry to not join the support for ultimate challenge but it's healthy to get some balance in to the discussion.

The cool down timer has nothing to do with it. 3 rounds per RP, while a step in the right direction is not the solution either.

The Ultimate Challenge System is definitely a solution.

Scavenge run cost and finding leg gear could definitely be improved but again has nothing to do with the gind.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    paintbeastanachro12DBones
    @TJS
    It's about make the game better.
    And the cool down it's a part of that , the cool down force people to not play when they have time to play.
    That's what I see many people have complain about.
    The only reason for the cool down it's because NG want to sell free gas so many days as possible.
    But the problem it's that they don't have a alternative without scavenge.
    And scavenge not longer have any value for the players.

This challenge I start level 22,2 on the distance because of the free passes so we agree that's help :)
    edited January 2018
    @Geir

This thread is about bringing back The Ultimate Challenge and reducing the grind.

"Your completely off topic." Maybe open a thread about your thoughts on making the game better and post your opinion there. ;)

*edit to add

I respect your opinion, I just don't think it's on topic with this thread.
    Obviously just my opinion.
    Goodluck within your game.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Lightfeet
    @TJS
    Yes, I know it's about ultimate challenge and I don't like that challenge.
    That's why I write about how NG can do different in challenge.
    I understand for the people want to play ultimate challenge it will look better if all agree on this chat and 100 % look like they want it ;)
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    The challenge cooldown timer isn't directly related to the Ultimate Challenge, but it's definitely a flaw that increases the grind. When I buy a booster, I want to grind out these earlier easy levels so I can get to the meat as soon as possible. Many times, however, due to the cooldown timer and whatever shenanigans I have going on in real life, I will finish my booster and still have these "grindy" levels remaining.

The cooldown timer makes no sense. NG has said that it is to get players playing more parts of the game or so they don't get burned out by the challenge too soon. Using this logic, why don't the other game modes (scavenge, Distance, outpost) have their own cooldown timers to prevent players getting burned out by those modes too quickly?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    jimmorrison369TJSanachro12Jaden
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,399

The cooldown timer makes no sense. NG has said that it is to get players playing more parts of the game or so they don't get burned out by the challenge too soon. Using this logic, why don't the other game modes (scavenge, Distance, outpost) have their own cooldown timers to prevent players getting burned out by those modes too quickly?

For the sake of clarity, I don't think this is the purpose of the timer as stated by NG. In January Shteevie stated:
    Shteevie said:

As for the timer, it needs to stay in some form in order to maintain some parity between player who pay and those who don't. You'll all be happy to hear though that the new timer setup is much less restrictive and allows for more plays per session. Some of our playtest results show that people have said that they don't feel restricted by the timer at all.

Here is a link to the full post: forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/179657/#Comment_179657
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

TJSTroublemakerJaden
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    @Bill_ZRT Thanks. Maybe what I said was from a previous statement regarding the timer? Who knows. It still doesn't make sense to me. If I'm paying real money I want to play how I want to. It's just an unnecessary restriction.

Couldn't that comment by Shteevie be applied to what I said about outposts? What about those who pay for boosters to compete on the outpost leaderboards? How is that fair to free players!? ;)
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    jimmorrison369
    @crambert_nec
    Removing the cool down timer is really only a benefit to p2p but that being said, as a f2p it wouldn't bother me if it was removed. Definitely if it increases the grind. I doubt many f2p players would have a problem with it being removed.

The challenge system desperately need to be addressed. If not the UC, I believe RPs every three rounds & two rounds per level would be a step in the right direction.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    _Lily_DBones