Update 2.9 - Official Discussion Thread

TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
Update 2.9 is on the way! Read the full Update Notes here.
suzequeueGeneral_PainWeekOneTimboskiSCBMAGnatevilmiezoyToddCollier

Comments

• capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,721
    ...and.. New challenge? :o
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    ToddCollier
  • suzequeuesuzequeue Member Posts: 146
    So no change to the challenge system in 2.9? I was hoping they would add swapping of gear more easily as an option but oh well...excited for the daily quest thingy
    JadenToddCollierS1mondj611
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    "The "End Turn" button in combat appears at the start of the player turn with a reduced delay."
    Nice. Waiting for end turn button to appear was a painful experience.

Not thrilled abt quests overhaul. Wouldve been happy with just new quests and achievements. Major source of gold nerfed so I now have the option of attempting to use a lvl13 Tara to kill 15 walkers. Lot more beach life I suppose. And of course the great reward of more supplies. Gold > supplies
    theldssdlpsychwolfToddCollier
  • xxarea83xxxxarea83xx Member Posts: 221
    Considering I've come to enjoy using a bruiser on most missions, I like the damage buff. Much appreciated. Same goes for Jesus and Michonne buffs
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

IGN: xxarea83xx
    Guild: Anti Walkers
    Player Level: 68
    atrainofficialToddCollier
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Wow.... I like the daily quest revamp. I’m curious as to why Jesus gets a health boost and Michonne doesn’t? @Shteevie

Nice to see this:

Bruiser Weapons Get Stronger

To better crush the skulls of walkers in your neighborhood, Bruiser Weapons are receiving an overall upgrade to Damage. Bruiser Weapons you already possess and those you collect in the future are up to 60% stronger.

I can’t wait to see the new winter weapon and use Negan to crush skulls.

Can I pre-order Lucille? Lol ;)

I hope we can have a Quality of Life update soon so you can squash as many bugs as possible NG.... it was very much appreciated last year.
    TroublemakerPapacasToddCollier
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    WeekOne said:

Wow.... I like the daily quest revamp. I’m curious as to why Jesus gets a health boost and Michonne doesn’t? @Shteevie

i think this might have to do with Michonne having the Iron Skin trait and Jesus not having it.
    sbfWeekOnepsychwolfToddCollier
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    Hey 3.0 is next in line so maybe NG is preparing for something BIG ;)
    bigbeanoatrainofficialTroublemakerToddCollier
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,016
    I love my Melee teams. Gots some killers in all Melee classes. Ready to test them out on the Distance and challenge.
    WeekOneatrainofficialToddCollier
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195

WeekOne said:

i think this might have to do with Michonne having the Iron Skin trait and Jesus not having it.
    Could be.

Also she has strong trait and she’s a real badass and Jesus needs a boost lol :p

Actually I like them both so happy to have any improvements to our beloved heroes <3
    atrainofficialToddCollier
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,996
    I like the idea of more quests and better rewards for quests (such as tokens) although I will miss the gold quests earn! @Teeceezy what will happen to our current quests when the update happens. Will they disappear or be incorporated into the new system?

I've been having issues with this game being a serious memory hog on my device, so I am looking forward to the memory improvements.

For those who wanted a challenge change, I recall Shteevie saying some time back that the challenge wouldn't be changed before the end of this year. I'm guessing next update.

The bruiser and ehro adjustments don't do anything for me since I don't use those characters/class (except very occasionally in Hard Distance).

I notice that the announcement says there will be new radio CALL events... how about new radio events where we can earn more radios to use on those new calls?

KyrusGeneral_QuatreATLAS-ZToddCollier
  • piotrerekpiotrerek Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2017
    @NG- I'd be happy if You finally remove the bug causing game crash, when walkers in fire appear. Please- add an option to let us turn such an effect off. The people playing on older devices would appreciate if You give us possibility to use guns with fire causing trait this way.
    ToddCollier
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    @painwalker saying that maybe 3.0 will have something big says it all. Nothing to see here.....
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    JadenromeoToddCollier
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    2.0 brought us heroes a huge step forward to connecting the game with the show. I am excited to see what’s in store for us early 2018 ;)
    zeeblackToddCollier
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,266
    edited December 2017
    I'm no tech nerd, but... Isn't the "bug" with the flaming walkers a result of RAM demands? Or Data demands? Or some shiz like that?

And if I'm right (unlikely lol) it sounds like they ARE addressing that? Indirectly?

:|
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    MacVromeoToddCollier
  • J_LawJ_Law Member Posts: 165
    Did I miss the release date?
    ToddCollier
  • OneVoiceOneVoice Member Posts: 133
    hey @Teeceezy , why was Rosita missed out of the hero improvements? ta!
    RichmagnusToddCollier
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @OneVoice There have only been 14 days of these calls. There are more than 14 heroes. With what NG is making on this new call, it's a safe bet we'll see more of them.
    J_LawDBonesToddCollier
  • OneVoiceOneVoice Member Posts: 133
    @paintbeast , sorry maybe i wasn't specific. was hoping that rosita's leader trait was improved or damage or health increase. just like some of the other heros listed in the patch notes :)
    MacVromeoToddCollier
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,043
    edited December 2017
    Bruiser weapons being buffed up. Previously the bruisers were made a little less desirable. I remember a quote which accurately portrays this buffing up

“I have been correcting the proofs of my poems. In the morning, after hard work, I took a comma out of one sentence.” “And in the afternoon?” “In the afternoon, I put it back again.”

I think this is a mini update and the first one where we are not seeing any nerfs. Getting clue from @painwalker, I think update 3.0 would be a big update with quite a few changes. I hope to see changes to the challenge system in the 3.0 Update.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    ToddCollier