Removing 3 Star and Under Gear from Gold Crates.

What are peoples thoughts about removing 3 star and under weapons and vests from Gold Crates ? From memory long ago we used to love Gold crates and they were awesome rewards epic to legendary gear. Now 90% of the time its 3 star junk. who actually uses rare gear anyway ?
psychwolfScowleyJ_LawTJSWhoareyouTroublemakerHeadpopper946biter370TrevsyskerrvyZetteekimhclewJadenAlexFiliUKTaraMichonne

Comments

• WhoareyouWhoareyou Member Posts: 54
    Why don’t they redo the hole crate system
    E.g super rare witch is purple and only has legendary stuff
    Gold that has legendary epic and uncommon
    And the standard crates uncommon and common
    The_Overcomer
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @Whoareyou

I agree. It's a good suggestion. I previously made a similar suggestion but nothing ever come of it. Yet it did have fair support.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/30131/platinum-crates
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Maybe I should bump that one back in the foreground too?
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    The_OvercomerWhoareyou
  • The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    Whoareyou said:

Why don’t they redo the hole crate system
    E.g super rare witch is purple and only has legendary stuff
    Gold that has legendary epic and uncommon
    And the standard crates uncommon and common

Wow, they used to have purple crates, I cant even remember that. But 100% agree super rare as Gold crates stink hardcore...
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie Can this gain some traction ? I believe if you surveyed players they would all agree. Or is it possible to do as an event see what NG think and the players ?
    TJS said:

Maybe I should bump that one back in the foreground too?

Absolutely. I like the Super Rare with Legendary is an awesome idea. If it used to exist, surely they can re introduce.
    TJS
    @The_Overcomer
    Just to clarify, Whoareyou's comment was a suggestion simular to mine with platinum, no we never had purple crates.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Overgrowdaworld
    edited December 2017
    Trevsy said:

Totally agree, If I've missed a gold crate after watching an add I won't spend gold to unlock the last 3 crates. Why? Because it going to be 3 star junk, if they changed the system I would spend gold but untill then I won't.

Agreed. I would spend Gold if I knew it was a Platinum crate and not junk. A few people in my Guild have said that they have been asking for months but to no avail. Here's hoping.
    TJS
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    > @The_Overcomer said:
    > Totally agree, If I've missed a gold crate after watching an add I won't spend gold to unlock the last 3 crates. Why? Because it going to be 3 star junk, if they changed the system I would spend gold but untill then I won't.
    >
    > Agreed. I would spend Gold if I knew it was a Platinum crate and not junk. A few people in my Guild have said that they have been asking for months but to no avail. Here's hoping.

Where it's really killer is when someone in your guild spends 400 gold to buy everyone a piece of rare gear. I'm always thankful but feel horrible when I see someonebought the gift.

I've stopped using gold for a while now on opening chests. I'm up to about 3k gold. That's like $30 in sucker money.
    The_OvercomerTreseriousekimhclew
  • TreseriousTreserious Member Posts: 69
    yup, yup, and yup.
    so friggin tired of getting a gold crate, and ending up with some green crap item.
    All of my 5 star gear came from the trade goods epic gear crate. never once got one in the after mission crates.
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 414
    Now that the guild gift cost is lowered, a member bought it for us. Got a weapon a lvl lower than all my people. Scrapped! Feel bad for the member who spent the gold, even if it was “on sale”.
    ***Off Thread Topic***

@Overgrowdaworld

The guild gifts can be anything from supplies to gold components.

In my guild we've had 30+ given since the 100 gold offer began. I've got 2 Gold components, an Epic Fragment, a tone of fuel etc.

IMO it's good for the guild when players are all gifting. It's not really about the gift, it's about though and the alliance within the guild.

I hope they have more event like this or reduce the cost of guild gift permanently.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    OvergrowdaworldScowleyTreseriousekimhclew