Bruiser again

Hi folks, just pulled this bruiser from the free call. Is vigilant really that bad? Have not got a better and 2,5k bruiser tokens waiting. Any advice?

Comments

• CronusCronus Member Posts: 935
    I mean retaliate and punish are awesome together and iron skin really helps on this class. I could live with either strong or vigilant (would prefer strong). If he had lucky (for sure) or even dodge (won't retaliate if he dodges so I don't necessarily like dodge in the combo) or power strike in place of vigilant I'd say invest away however with both strong and vigilant I can't do it. Here is some advice. Keep him until 2.9 is out. There's supposed to be a Bruiser buff and it could make strong and also vigilant more desirable traits. If the Bruiser class gets a damage buff then strong and vigilant might make him a formidable survivor in Overwatch with the traits he has.
    Fuchssbfklman1612
  • HerbergeHerberge Member Posts: 199
    He's a keeper
    Fuchs
  • FuchsFuchs Member Posts: 32
    Thx Chronus & Herberge, much appreciated!
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    edited December 2017
    I had a bruiser's last trait be vigilant which otherwise could have been ideal. I ended up waiting since I almost never used a bruiser, so it didn't affect my play... just kept biding my time and kept getting bruiser tokens from tg store. Finally got what I was looking for and was glad I waited--it took me months to find one. IMO vigilant is wasted on a bruiser that has retaliate and punish since retaliate doesn't work in overwatch (something NG has wanted to fix for a while but I doubt we'll see it happen) and ideally you're looking for 3 attacks per turn (regular attack, retaliate, and punish attack).

Here's what I go for
    Non-negotiables:
    Retaliate, iron skin, punish
    And then:
    Dodge, lucky, power-strike, strong, possibly defensive stance
    But not:
    Vigilant, bullet dodge

Just my preferences though.

My bruiser has retaliate, iron skin, punish, strong, and power-strike. I stack 3 health badges and 3 iron skin badges on her (meets the 80% cap) and she takes a beating before bruising. With the weapon buff in 2.9 she'll be even better.

@Cronus you probably know this, but since you mentioned the bruiser buff and strong, the buff is only on the weapon's damage, not base (survivor) damage, so strong won't be affected by the buff (but it still increases damage over other traits).
    Cronusklman1612Fuchs
  • FuchsFuchs Member Posts: 32
    Jenng said:

@Fuchs
    I have no input ....... I just love to live vicariously through your name. If I start tagging you randomly, you have my permission to ignore me lol

@Jenng my own fan or stalker
    SCBMAJenngbigbeano
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,025
    Fuchs he is great but upgrading him to level 23 would be a pain in the ass. That's why I don't care about the traits of my survivors on my radio pulls.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    Jenng
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 933
    Fred Fuchs!
  • kamilowatykamilowaty Member Posts: 148
    Yeah its famous Fred Fuchs :) about topic-use that Alvin as placeholder for better bruiser.do not invest tokens on him.I think its the best compromise.
  • WiushiWiushi Member Posts: 76
    Thanks Cronus, I didn't realize that Doge won't Retaliate if bruiser has both. That changes some of my armor for my best Bruiser. When I have the gold bars I want to dress all my bruisers and assault like Beth. Psyche in the Outpost.
  • HarurunHarurun Member Posts: 40
    @Cronus
    Dodge can turn critical hit into normal attack, it's very useful.

@sbf
    Retaliate work in overwatch if the attacking walker was standing next to the survivor, it only won't work if the attacking walker need to walk close to attack.
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 935
    Harurun said:

@Cronus
    Dodge can turn critical hit into normal attack, it's very useful.

@sbf
    Retaliate work in overwatch if the attacking walker was standing next to the survivor, it only won't work if the attacking walker need to walk close to attack.

Thanks @Harurun well aware of that fact. My only statement was I could live without Dodge because with Retaliate it becomes and either/or trait. I want Lucky-Retaliate-Punish on my Bruiser and my last two would be Iron Skin & Def Stance. I'm not sure if I was building a Bruiser from scratch that I'd choose Dodge over Iron Skin & Def Stance. If you never use your Bruiser in Overwatch then Dodge trumps Def Stance.

@Wiushi your Bruiser won't Retaliate if Dodge is activated on an attack. If Dodge is not activated then Retaliate will activate after an attack as long as you're not in Overwatch where the attacking walker had to move to engage you.
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 638
    Cronus said:

I want Lucky-Retaliate-Punish on my Bruiser and my last two would be Iron Skin & Def Stance. I'm not sure if I was building a Bruiser from scratch that I'd choose Dodge over Iron Skin & Def Stance.

I'm with you on Iron Skin and Def Stance over Dodge, but on a Bruiser I'd take Dodge over Retaliate... with the exception of if I wanted to always play at +2 RSL or lower or wanted to build a Bruiser strictly for Outpost Raiding or Outpost Defense perhaps.

Cronus