Thanks NG for the new Daily Quest System

Dear NG, I want to thank for always think in the f2p at every change you make for example the most recent revamp of Daily Quest what can I say, amazing 3 days 12 quest 0 gold haha you found the way to take out the only source guarantee of gold for a f2p, touché for that.

When I saw the news of the Daily Quest revamp I say finally they will see that 10 gold daily is a ridiculous amount for the costs in game, is not enough to remove a badge or heal a heavy injury, I thought they are going to mark daily objectives and increase the gold rewards between 20 - 30 per quest, yes I still have faith that NG will find the way but what they did? Build a system in which can pass days even weeks without see a quest rewarded with gold if the system don't want to, why keep giving the ridiculous amount of 10 gold daily "Players if you want gold, buy it" probably one of them said.

I guess was to difficult make this fabulous new Daily Quest system with a condition in the system which guarantees that one of the four daily quest would be rewarded with gold to keep giving the gold daily with the new condition that you have to complete the quest that day or you lose it

From a f2p I want to thank for make more and more difficult compete in the game, wish you a happy holidays and a 2018 with double of profits, I'll wait for more grind and why not a increase of the gas cost per mission to make my game time even more enjoyable.

@Shteevie @Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet
Pain WalkertallinieGovernatorTroublemakerjessieroxannebigbeanoklman1612

Comments

• TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,071
    I can understand how you feel, Mimica, but I think you have unfortunately been suffering from bad luck. I have had a gold reward on one of my 3 days so far, and others have too. One person posted a quest list where all of the rewards are gold. you should be able to earn gold from quests in the long run, and also Wall-kers and other crates. I don't think it was NG's intention to 'screw the F2P player', but rather to giev more variety in quests and to use them to encourage people to play different parts of the game.

All of this being said, I do like your idea to have one guaranteed 'gold quest' each day.
    1Risp_herian
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited December 2017
    Some times they do contain gold and like this one, lots
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    1RisSPC_TORRESJaden
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    +1 for at least 1 guaranteed gold reward each day
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    DLichklman1612
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,651
    This was my first day of Daily Quest.

Hate to say it but it’s RNG.

FYI: I’m a F2P.
    Mais88TJSJaden
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 353
    @TransmuteJun I understand and my problem is precisely that now is based on luck, you can get gold from the wall or may not, you can get gold from crates post mission or may not same with cinema, individual rewards crates from challenge, gifts of your guild mates all that you may or may not get gold,

Daily Quest was different was 10 daily guarantee 300 per month no matter what if you're lucky like @TJS @zbot or not

If you give me the choice to choose between 70 guaranteed or higher chances of getting more I would choice the 70 guarantee bc I know that no matter what I'll get them
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    Im with Mimica. There's no way this isnt a nerf on gold accumulation which I predicted. Previously you could easily get 70 to 100 gold a week with the quests without having to hope you found it in crates and boxes. Now you'll most likely have to make up the loss by hoping you find it elsewhere. With that being said this is still too new to fully comment on it. At least its something new which is nice.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    I also had one of these all gold quests on one of my accounts. I mostly had a least one opportunity to earn gold each day. Not today, though.

But I got this which is also very nice...

It really depends on luck but I hope that in the long run there will still be enough gold mixed with a few other good rewards like those phones (which are also harder to get for f2p players).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    TJS
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I like the basic idea of the new quest system - but since I haven't had any gold or radios in mine since the update dropped, I'm a bit disappointed. I'll give it some time, but it's hard not to see it as a nerf on gold at this point.
    Pic
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,133
    I can understand the gripe about loss of gold. Personally I've had 25 gold in 2/4 days which is about what I would average on the old system. But even without that I've also had 4 Michonne tokens one day, 10 gas every day amongst other things and then two class token crates for free by just simply playing the game.

Gold is great and extremely useful but it doesn't give you anything you can't get for free with time.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @WellyLuga

I hear you.
    I'm pretty happy with the rewards so far, as you said, but since daily quests are pretty much my only source of gold, I'm going to really feel that loss if I don't pull some of those rewards on at least a semi-regular basis.
    @Mabiki

True, but then you've also got wall walkers, post mission crates and the occasional TG shop re-stock so there are more ways to get gold for free without depending on the daily quest. I seemed to get the use an all bruiser team quest way too often so it's a welcome change for me :lol:
    SCBMA
    Well at least one of the S8 missions had Gabe and Negan with infinitely spawning zombies for 1 gas :smiley:
  • RoadRashRoadRash Member Posts: 179
    Seems like this new quest system is Alienating FTP players.

Wasn't alienation of players the reason that the challenge system test wont be a permanent change, if thats the case whats that say about the new quest system.

• KratosKratos Member Posts: 332
    I really like the new quest system. I have received a mixture of items and they are all welcome in my camp.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 353
    4 days 16 quest 0 gold and counting..

Stop saying that is bad luck this is a representation of something that could happen during a week or month is possible that a player can't receive gold during several days.

If each player receives 4 quest daily is to much ask for 1 of them be rewarded with gold, I saw amounts of 5, 10, 15, 25 and 30 the amount daily will be random, everyone will be happy those like me that want the little gold back and those who think that 5 or 10 tokens are better than gold.
    Pic
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    I'm ok with the new system, I like the variance of rewards. I just wish I'd see less of the 12k supplies and 32k xp rewards. Those are a joke at camp level 66. I'd rather have Negan and Eugene tokens instead of such pitiful amounts.

How about scaling supply and xp awards to better match camp levels? Something like 45-50k at 66? 50-55k at 67?

@Teeceezy @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    1RiskkatsuJaden
  • RbredtRbredt Member Posts: 70
    New system is superior in every way. Getting 4 different rewards each day and a chance at tokens, better than just 10 gold for me,
    ScowleyWellyLugaCarl_s_HatPic
    Plus (and I hope they continue to do this) it seems to be tied to their schedule, i.e. completing distance missions on a Tuesday or challenge missions on a Wednesday so a lot of the time you complete them without even trying :smile:
    Carl_s_HatJaden
  • valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
    I like the new quests, but today I got a 'win 8 challenge missions' quest that is making me feel like maybe I should try not to max out too early in case I get that mission on a Saturday or Sunday, by which time I've often maxed out. Is whether or not I get that mission keyed to my player level/current number of stars? Because if I already had maxed out when I got that quest I'd be very frustrated. I could see myself having to replay multiple times the missions I could still get stars on, knowing that there was no way I was going to finish the round and having to spend all that gas for basically nothing except finishing all daily quests. It's kind of making me feel a little demotivated about getting too many stars too early in the challenge
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie
    Winner of the 'Post Your Worst Jackpot' contest Jan18
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    I had a "complete 3 scavenge missions" today. That's 18 gas I'd much rather spend on challenges.
    I wish the 'scrap and reroll 1 challenge per day' was still available like in the old system for just such an occassion
    Hell, I'll try to kill 25 walkers with Eugene, if it means I can focus on whatever missions i want to on any given day...
    ignasvalereeeJaden
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    Yeah I wasted 18 gas to complete those scavenge missions too for a whopping 17 assault tokens. And what do I have look forward to tomorrow?-My 3rd golden crate of the week. 4 quests, 3 golden crates rewarded. Not gonna worry about completing these anymore unless they contain phones or gold.
  • PicPic Member Posts: 988
    @mimica is one of the stronger players in mavericks. He competes in challenges and keeps up with high spending players. The gold from the old daily quest system was just enough to keep him afloat in challenges. While spenders spend 10s of thousands of gold on challenges he managed with 10-100 gold per challenge. And kept up with the spenders. I understand your frustration mims. Hope they reduce the grind. Or make it easier to obtain some gold here and there. See you on the score board buddy
    mimica
  • LordRyderLordRyder Member Posts: 49
    The new system is garbage.
    paintbeast