iPad Dock Disappears after viewing ads

KitsuneKitsune Member Posts: 44
This only started happening in the last three days or so. I finally researched the issue, and the iOS dock in iOS 11 can disappear with certain mobile games that display full-screen ads. The only way to make it reappear is to restart the iPad which is annoying considering how many times a day I open this amazing game.

Is this a known issue that’s being worked on? I haven’t seen any other threads about it. It must be something that happened with the most recent update to the game.

Thank you!
Proud Member of the Beware Guild!
Gobold69JTanner

Comments

• KitsuneKitsune Member Posts: 44
    Please note the time in each screenshot. First is with the iOS 11 dock - then I watched two in-game ads and it disappeared.

If I rotate to portrait, the dock reappears mostly off the screen and disappears again when going back into landscape mode. This is the exact behavior I found when searching Apple forums about games effecting the dock.

Here is the discussion on Apple’s forums where it’s happening with another game. https://discussions.apple.com/message/32513720?start=15&tstart=0
  • IvoIvo Member Posts: 14
    Same here, on iPad.
  • SchnarchbaerSchnarchbaer Member Posts: 96
    Same here, iPad, iOS 11.2.1
    Leader "DerWiderstand 2"
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 358
    Yep. Me too. iPad. I’ve read it’s an Apple problem. I took all my apps off the dock. It’s just a workaround.
    > @SmokeandMirrors said:
    > Yep. Me too. iPad. I’ve read it’s an Apple problem. I took all my apps off the dock. It’s just a workaround.

I didn’t have a problem with this game doing this up until a few days ago.
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 358
    Me either. It was two days ago.
    KitsuneGobold69
  • Gobold69Gobold69 Member Posts: 81
    Same in my iPad mini 4. Only since last small iOS update.

Did some testing and TWD is the only app that causes it. Have to restart to get dock back properly. So only using my iPhone X for the game

Yes a iOS problem but also possible bad coding from the games that have this as they get plenty of time before software updates to test

Notice no response from NG yet on this?
    Gobold69 said:

Same in my iPad mini 4. Only since last small iOS update.

Did some testing and TWD is the only app that causes it. Have to restart to get dock back properly. So only using my iPhone X for the game

Yes a iOS problem but also possible bad coding from the games that have this as they get plenty of time before software updates to test

Notice no response from NG yet on this?

No response and this is still happening. This is the only mobile game that I play that causes this. I can’t believe they haven’t addressed this.
    FredSpringerGobold69JTanner
  • FredSpringerFredSpringer Member Posts: 4
    I have The same problem after the latest ng update. Also the game lags after I make 70+ kills in a mission. iPad Pro.
    Fragzie
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    I also found once this happens I can no longer watch drive in ads correctly. It will show one and just after the finish, I get a quick flash of an old add, pick a crate and get the “back to camp”. Then no bonus crates after mission.
    If I use my Android, I get to watch all 4 drive in ads, then get the bonus chests each mission.

This is, from what I am able to gather, due to a change in the iOS code for the auto rotation some ads use. I even did the reset all settings option and I was good for one set. After that, back to failure. I add that tidbit just so others don’t go through the hassle of a reset thinking it will fix it as some claim.

This is basically an iOS issue, however Apple has yet to respond about it either, so I don’t fault NG because if Apple is not stating the problem, coders won’t know the fix needed.

Frustrated that ‘The Fruit patrol’ seems more pressed to release updates and not test, or fix, problems.

Sincerely,
    -Failing fanboy!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,852
    Same for me...but i'm not sure it's related to the game. Feel like it's going to disappear also when i switch between apps...but not sure really...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 453
    Same problems on my iPad, don’t think it is a fault of NG, but a problem with Apple and games in general that play adds.
    “Aloha Snackbar” Guild No Mans Land.
    “Sheffield UK (SUK)” Group Our World.
    capibara
    Wow, still nothing. The true test of any company’s customer service is when you have a problem. I’ve drastically cut back on my playtime because I can’t watch ads without having to restart my device.

This all started around the time the patch was implemented for in-game ads not giving rewards so something changed that resulted in this bug being triggered. Other games that my husband and I play with full screen ads do not trigger the bug.

Really sad that there hasn’t been so much as an acknowledgement that you guys are looking into this or at least some other canned response.
    Thanks NG for ignoring this

I can also confirm that the new this week IOS 11.2.5 does NOT fit it so definitely nit a iOS problem
    Kitsune
  • RickGramesRickGrames Member Posts: 387
    same here guys
    IGN : Rick
    Currently : Level 71
    Guild : MAVERICKS NWO

★ The spirit of ULTIMA LEGIONE is alive ★
    LINE ID : rickgrames
  • There4IMThere4IM Member Posts: 48
    Any progress on this fix? Very annoying.
    Kitsune
  • panzer123panzer123 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    I am having same issue. Seems like the ads are causing the problem and makes the iPad dock disappear
    Kitsune
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 453
    I have read about this problem on the Apple support forums and don’t think it is solely NG’s fault but a fault with Apple and any game that shows adds.
    “Aloha Snackbar” Guild No Mans Land.
    “Sheffield UK (SUK)” Group Our World.
    Nick37 said:

I have read about this problem on the Apple support forums and don’t think it is solely NG’s fault but a fault with Apple and any game that shows adds.

I mentioned that in my post. As I said, I play other games with full screen ads. This is the only game that triggers it.

They are still ignoring it.
  • xingmanxingman Member Posts: 2
    This happens to me every time I play this game. Just like others, this is the only game that does it.
  • xingmanxingman Member Posts: 2
    I may have come up with a way to stop this from happening. I haven’t had this issue occur since I started doing this:

When you’re getting ready to start watching an ad, as soon as you hit the “Play” button, slide the dock up from the bottom of the screen and let it stay on the screen while the ad plays. Once the “Claim Reward” screen appears, the dock will go away, but it seems to stay in place where it belongs when I do this.

I haven’t had any issues with the dock moving on me and having to restart my iPad since I started doing this and I hope it helps you out.

X
    I will try this and report back
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    I have to force restart my device several times daily because of this issue. :'(
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Same problem, but it is definitely not an NML problem, but a general iOS issue on the ipad. No issues on any iphone.
    As much as we would like to have that fixed, getting angry at NG doesn‘t help.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,852
    I removed apps from dock and forget about it....solved... i switch between apps and device controls etc using the Assistive touch ...this way i have always a strange grey and empty floating dock somewhere ...but it's not a problem so i don't need to restart device :)
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    WeekOne
    Good idea... tks @capibara
    capibara
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Yeah, this is a tricky bug. But I think it'll be fixed for 2.10. If not, just let me know, cool? (:
    WeekOneThere4IM
    100% @Kaz ... thank you! :)