Kingdom spear lvl 23

Does anyone know why the legendary kingdom spear is weaker than a epic hammer? Both are at level 23 and yet clearly there is a problem here.

Comments

• ninewalkersninewalkers Member Posts: 80
    Should I request a refund? I just want the weapon to be as strong as it should be at level 23 legendary. Like this small axe
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    With the gold skull, the spear is only 55 less damage than the axe you've shown, so it's not that bad. The main thing is you can hit 2, or even sometimes 3 targets.

I agree that they should tell people before they buy it that it does less base damage
    jimmorrison369ninewalkersTJSkiwinz7T_12
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,053
    The spear does damage like it is 1 level lower.

So the lvl 23 spear will do the same amount of damage a lvl22 regular scout weapon does.

There is enough reason why it is like this.

However,
    It's pure greed to let people find out afterwards.
    Not a catchy selling title: "does less damage"

You can send in a ticket, but I don't believe they are obligated to mention it.
    They'll say it is a unique weapon, and thus also has unique damage.
    kiwinz7T_12
    One more thing. It is very much logical that it has lower damage. It would be greatly inbalanced if it would do the same damage.

Still... It shouldn't be that difficult to just mention this lower damage aspect up front...
    TreseriousDoTakkiwinz7T_12
  • TreseriousTreserious Member Posts: 69
    does it have an "area of effect" type of deal? if so a lower base damage makes sense.
    jimmorrison369
    It gives all types of advantages. Hitting up to 3 walkers at once. Ability to overwatch from a safe distance (maybe powerstrike after). Stand safely behind a meatshield and hit walkers. And much more.

I like the spear very much and even use it on high level missions.
    That doesn't justify not telling about lower damage imo..
    T_12
    It should not matter what it's range is. A good katana takes out at least five walkers and an assault weapon is just plain fun. So B.S. TO ANY idiot thinking this weapon isn't fair.. It was sold with poor performance and that makes it a buyer beware item. Don't buy it.....it's not up to legendary standards.
    jimmorrison369SCBMAAndy_bTimberbigbeanoignasJadenSPC_TORRESdandancar77KyrusLightfeetTripodT_12
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    It can hit 3 walkers. Thats enough for me.....
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,061
    With badges it's not as big of a deal as prior this is a known issue unfortunately its not a bug
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,103

TO ANY idiot thinking this weapon isn't fair...

Ummm... You think this weapon is not fair, right?

I, on the other hand, think it is fair. :lol:
    jimmorrison369DoTakSCBMA
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    I love that spear, even with the lower damage.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    SCBMAjimmorrison369sligoem
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 329
    the spear and pitchfork are lower powered, always have been.

that being said, a scout is much stronger then a warrior, and the abilities given with the spear make it one of the top melee weapons to get. I use them exclusively with my scouts. no question about it.
    SCBMA
    That's the point...they are underpowered. It should not be that way. If you buy a five star spear then that weapon should be at the same level as the 5 star axe or hammer, these weapons are in the same class. But if the community is willing to accept this kind of deal....so be it. You'll never know tho...how good would this weapon be if it had been sold with 5 star power instead of level 3.
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,577
    @ninewalkers

I have never owned one or purchased it but it is a weapon that once I am level 23(Currently 21) I will be buying the fact it hits multiple enemies at once alone makes it worth wild. Additionally you toss on 1 badge and it becomes better than old format.

Things like this is why the game is a "Strategy" Game. You have to weigh the odds of the 50 damage difference vs being able to hit 2-3 walkers...
    MadPuppyT_12
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    In addition to being able to reach out and touch multiple enemies and the ability to frontrun with the Spear, the fact that it has Gold Lucky is also really important to me. For a Scout with the Lucky and Dodge traits, you can leverage it to get you into that sweet spot of Dodge activating in the realm of 1/3 of the time, which can be crucial.
    That's your choice of course. I'd sell you mine but no idea at all how to do it. Too bad we can't trade either. Ha! Hey that might be something for the future. Rather than scrap stuff...trade up.
    My last comment about trading was for drunken
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,577
    @ninewalkers

Initially when I started game I thought trading would be good, but they wont do that because then some vets would help the lowers by giving them free old gear that no one uses anymore. Killing their shop sales

But the spear is good, just a different view. Like I said that is part of strategy is figuring out if its range/multiple enemy targets is better than extra damage at close range. I agree it would be nice if it had a disclaimer but I think most players know this already...At least I did and I have never owned the spear :)
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 638
    yes. its weaker. i complained and asked for refund, they say Nay.