too much of TRAINING GEAR TRAIT

we need XP...sure. Training gear. yeah why not
BUT few is enough, with Assault Hunter , yes of course. but for bruiser scout and warrior, dont think its useful.
been getting lots of Training gear armors for almost all classes, makes it really hard to get our desire traits.
ATLAS-ZpraditabernacbigbeanoSCBMADoTakNezo1RispaintbeastPain Walkerkiwinz7DBonesTJSPicbsgper4Jadendocfinzenburgsligoemautumn_ashSPC_TORRESpsychwolfMattOfEarthBuckzzflyingcowking

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I thought it was just me. I have this trait on the majority of my lvl23 armor :cry:
    Glad I'm not the only one. I'm not keen on any of these newest traits to be honest.

I like your question @JackBauer
    I haven't done the maths but my guess is it'll take a lot of missions before upgrading gear with this trait pays for itself and brings extra xp.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    romeokiwinz7MattOfEarth
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 638
    we need more traits like : Dodge, Ironskin , Ruthless, Antistun or Wresling trait. anything than Training Gear.
    kiwinz7MattOfEarth
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    For me the most annoying trait is sniper harness on ranged armor. Seems like 70% of gear Im getting has it.
    kiwinz7
  • Joe333Joe333 Member Posts: 3
    This needs an in battle medic or something...
    Brenr
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    Xxx
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    romeobigbeano
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,546
    edited December 2017
    I use training gear always when farming. I ran the numbers.

First off I only upgrade traits with training gear for Survivors I farm with and only when it’s the first trait. I do not upgrade any other traits on the gear.

I run normal mode in distance, I farm scavenger xp and play outposts. I have 2 for assaults, 1 hunter (Maggie) and 1 scout.

My outpost team I only farm for TG’s. 2 assaults and 1 scout. Scavenger team is the same I use Governor with the gear. My distance team normal is maggie and 2 assaults.

30% of 600 is an extra 180 per kill. Average 10 kills per scavenger. 1800 bonus in scavenger. 22K in outposts bonus 6,600 xp.

It doesn’t take long to “replenish” the xp spent. I personally like it but only when it’s the first trait and only on Survivors I use to farm.

Edit to add I can play up to rsl 25.3 with this gear in challenges without issue.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    jesterromeo
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    @DLich when you say first trait you mean first Gold? Or do you only run it as Silver?
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,546
    @Drunken only run as silver. If there’s 3 traits and the first ones training gear and it’s on a survivor I use to farm I’ll upgrade that one trait only.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    @DLich

See I haven't gotten any with first stat being that. I have a few that are Gold Stat being that.
    5meghead
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    Finding gear worth upgrading has definitely gotten harder with the additional crappy traits.
    romeoDBonesbigbeano5meghead
  • DerDer Member Posts: 54
    I love this trait <3
    My early challenge setup is Maggie and 2 assaults both with training gear.
    The XP explodes and I have so much faster progress.
    bigbeanoMattOfEarth
    wait until u have more than enough from beloved gold crates. for Maggie....oh yes absolutely perfect. check that pic
    bigbeanoDBones
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732

Yeah, it definitely seems to me like NG is "pushing" some traits more than others, ie, the ones people don't like but that NG seems to think "If we force it on them, eventually they'll see it our way!" I kinda get that, but it's a little shady, and goes against their supposed philosophy that "The players should decide how THEY want to play our game"...which is almost never backed up by their actions and the way they push certain aspects.

Case in point: having multiple Daily Quests to complete, and ALWAYS having Challenge/Distance quests on those days, thereby forcing you to play game modes you don't want to in order to achieve a new goal.

Training gear has some use, but honestly, it's not a big enough push in my opinion to forgo other, more useful, traits. I know how to get XP, devs, you've been training me to do it for 2 years ><</p>

I thought it was just me. I can't remember the last time I pulled level 23 gear epic or better that didn't have one of the 3 new traits on it.
    romeo
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 632
    This useless “training gear” trait can be paired with or equivalent to “sniper harness” (oh, God don’t get me started on auto-cover, lol) and “hazard suit.” Useless!!! All of them! Useless!!!
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    romeo
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 536
    edited December 2017
    @DLich
    I know you only upgrade the first trait training gear. Is it not worth having 40% more xp from kills to make it worth the Xp spent to upgrade all 3 traits. I look for the leg armor that has silver +health, then gold iron skin, (or vice-versa) then gold +40%xp training gear as last trait for farming.

Put that on Maggie as lead while farming on scavenge missions. Also equipping Daryl and Gov with similar armor on with 40%xp. I’ll max out twice a day during double xp days. That’s while a guys in training and a weapon upgrading.
    What’s your thoughts about that strategy?
    IDE even take this armor in the meantime and upgrade all 3 traits until I find the +40%xp with health and iron skin.

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    All traits are distributed evenly - however Training Gear is a trait that can appear on armor for all classes, meaning it's more likely to appear. :)
    Pain Walker
  • Crystal911Crystal911 Member Posts: 1
    i agree @paintbeast . Dodge is really hard to come by these days. please have a check @Teeceezy
    a BUG...who to call...: Men in Black...thanks @Teeceezy