Chapters please.

The game has been stuck on chapter 14 for how long now? The time and effort put into developing the distance and making the challenge better makes me wonder if the story line of no man's land has ended. It seems to me we just get more ways to grind. Like the distance is just super grinding for one day twice a week. I want to get back to the storyline. Isn't that why we all downloaded the game?
TreseriousT_12theldssdlMrLucky

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,053
    Don't shoot the messenger. :# NG doesn't want to put their effort in chapters. Not sure where it is written, but they aren't planning any chapters.
  • TreseriousTreserious Member Posts: 69
    TBH, if it ends at 14 that's a lil disappointing.

if they don't add to that, they'd better go back to earlier seasons of the show for more season missions at the very least.
    T_12MrLucky
  • ninewalkersninewalkers Member Posts: 80
    Personally...if they continue away from the storyline what would be the point in playing? I'm not into guilds and I only attack other camps if mine gets hit first. And then I take out three or four camps to replace triple what was stolen. I've invested a lot.of time and loose change to this game. Content is king....and this app is losing its focus on what got us here. We need more chapters....any day now. Tired of waiting.
    MrLucky
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    The story missions were the original draw to the game for myself and many others. It's very sad they are not being continued, and it seems there are no plans to do so.

There have been a lot of threads like this, and the official NG answer is "No new chapter missions are planned at this time," which, roughly translated, means: "It's never going to happen."

Presumably because it does not directly generate revenue nor does it play into the current focus on the Distance, Challenges, season missions or the other tweaks that are more easily measured on a P&L sheet. Which - fine, they gotta make money, but should just admit the story part of the game is dead forever.
    tabernacPigTransmuteJunrustynail
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,256
    Even if they gave you 3 or 4 more story missions to wrap it up. We are mid season of the show right now, so if they cancelled the show tomorrow and said use your imagination...
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 990
    edited December 2017
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    theldssdlflyingcowking
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 584
    edited December 2017
    Disclaimer: The below is my opinion and does not in any way reflect NG's innermost thoughts or trade secrets. This is how I see it.

Story missions are the hook. Plain and simple... you have to start w/ story missions. They introduce you to and teach you the game. You don't start w/ all the classes... you earn them as you go. They allow you to build your cadre of toons, weapons, and armor. The grind starts here; story missions set up the grind. Grind, grind, grind... upgrade, upgrade, upgrade... then grind some more. But after all that grind for tomatoes and XPs you don't want to wait for those upgrades to complete so you buy gold, but buying gold alone is dum when they have all those nice bundles for sale for just a few dollars/euros/pesos/yen more right? So you buy one, then another one, and like I said... you are hooked.

As a 25-month veteran of the game, I couldn't care less for story missions.

GRIND = REVENUE

Challenge missions are about team play. They feed our competitive ego, our need to belong, and our need for "friends" (w/o having to invite them home for beers and a BBQ). Perfection comes into play here as well. Who here does not go back for a 3rd star while the going is easy if they make a mistake? The grind continues... Hospital time... Gold. The tweaks and changes made to the weekly Challenge have always circled around fine tuning revenue generation. I've played w/ two top 10 guilds... needless to say, it doesn't come cheap. They gave us heroes and a token market that ensures a nearly perpetual grind system. Then they killed "repeatables" and gave us the Challenge 2.0... now, that is some major grind. The fine tuning continues.

PVP missions are about who knows what. Let's call it TG farming for the players. For NG it's another revenue generator as many people can't resist a street fight against whomever... you need Abe back in action quickly if you wanna hit 4000 TGs so you can get those Hunter tokens before the trade shop closes. A self fulfilling profecy.

The Distance is NGs answer to a token system diluted beyond believe. It's a freebie used to appease the angry mob of veteran players. Many of them veterans are still leaving in spite of the freebie because of the Challenge 2.0 grind.

The new badging system has given the game a second breath. It stalled when toons hit max level 22. We went from being able to barely face lvl 30 walkers to hitting levels 30+ 40+ 50+... I even saw a screencap of @avelardez lvl 64. Wow! The folks at NG @Shteevie @Teeceezy and the rest are brilliant game developers and mathematicians/statisticians. Shrewd businessmen.

In closing, the game got me hooked immediately and it was truly enjoyable until Challenge 2.0. For me, the recent changes (The Distance and badgindg system) have made it a fun game again, but I no longer grind or play competitively or watch ads or buy any gold or bundles. I paid enough dues in the first year and a half to earn me a lifetime membership.
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    Dodkong
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 268
    We realize story missions are not a priority for NG. NG has seemingly better places to put their scarce design and development resources in order to generate revenue.

That said, I am confident there are some creative players here who could take on the challenge of creating additional story missions. Let the players design them, and when they are done NG can approve the new missions.

It's a win-win. Players get new story missions, and NG doesn't have to devote much resource to develop them. In general, the player base here is an underutilized resource for NG.
    nadecir said:

We realize story missions are not a priority for NG. NG has seemingly better places to put their scarce design and development resources in order to generate revenue.

That said, I am confident there are some creative players here who could take on the challenge of creating additional story missions. Let the players design them, and when they are done NG can approve the new missions.

It's a win-win. Players get new story missions, and NG doesn't have to devote much resource to develop them. In general, the player base here is an underutilized resource for NG.

Not unless they put me on the payroll w/ benefits and stock options or royalties.
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,267
    @DonCoqui
    The highest I can kill is 41s. That was a glitch on that mission I found. Let me overwatch without spawns and when I moved to see how high I got it was 64. My charges shots did nothing to the 1.2 million HP.
    DonCoqui
    avelardez said:

@DonCoqui

The highest I can kill is 41s. That was a glitch on that mission I found. Let me overwatch without spawns and when I moved to see how high I got it was 64. My charges shots did nothing to the 1.2 million HP.

Thanks for the clarification!