this is getting aggravating. how am I supposed to finish my dailies if the XP bar always gets full?

TreseriousTreserious Member Posts: 69
every damn day, after several missions, my XP storage gets full.
I'm upgrading weapons and armor on heroes I don't even use just to dump XP.
3 times today, I spend xp, run 2-3 missions, full again,upgrade an item, wait, blow gold on speeding it up, play 2-3 missions, full again.

since the 2.9 update I barely manage to get the 12 missions quest done because i'm always waiting on something to upgrade so I can spend more XP.

in the last week i have probably wasted over 500k xp playing missions while the xp storage is full just so i can at least get the dailies done.

sure, every time i finally manage to get enough apple sauce to upgrade the training grounds and it's pre-req buildings I get a day or two of reprieve because then the XP gets used faster than I can earn it by leveling up heroes. that lasts 2 days tops, then back to struggling with a full XP storage again.

this has been happening at Council levels 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 so far and it's getting really effin tiresome.

this is seriously broken.
why does it take 3-4 times longer to upgrade a weapon/armor than it takes to level a hero?

this can easily be fixed with any of the following tweaks;
1) lower time costs on item upgrades to be in line with the hero upgrades
2) add waiting slots to the workshop so more XP can be spent at once.
3) change the rewards algorithm to not give XP or supplies when their respective storage is full.
4) tweak the council to store more XP at all given levels.

if one thing that's going to make me rage quit this game, it's the constant bloody waiting on crap to upgrade so I can actually, you know, PLAY.

and don't comment crap about patience and it goes away at higher levels.

the fact that it happens at all means that CORE MECHANICS ARE BROKEN.
theldssdlromeoToddCollierChiefkeo

Comments

• redbaronredbaron Member Posts: 52
    Erm.. I'm pretty sure they are tomatoes
    TreseriousbigbeanoToddCollier
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    edited December 2017
    It does get easier.
    TimboskiJenngekimhclewToddCollier
  • TreseriousTreserious Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2017
    redbaron said:

Erm.. I'm pretty sure they are tomatoes

meh, tired of thinkin they're tomatoes, decided on apple sauce.

It does get easier.

sure, but it's been a huge ass PITA the last few weeks.

this shouldn't be happening at all.
    Debbo34ToddCollier
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,587
    @Treserious

I had this problem to around that level. My best advice is level gear that you do not use to dump during scrap event. When you hit level 20 toons you go into a black hole of never ending leveling up before council can be upgraded, but that being said XP is not easily capped. I left level 20 to go to 21(now) I still have 6 of 34 toons that aren't level 20.

So eventually you will cherish XP and want it. @2m per level up on toons it goes fast :) that's when that double Xp scrap event comes in handy. You lose XP obviously but you lose it by being capped so at least my method you get a little back
    ToddCollier
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,587
    @JayZ

This is a legit complaint. I started playing in Feb. I am now level 21 toons. Too much XP doesn't exist anymore, but back when I was his level it was an issue. I was constantly at max XP with no toons to level and no gear that "needed" to be leveled.

Now obviously at higher levels it switches from less XP to less Supplies, but this player stating their opinion about XP is same as maxed players asking for TG for supplies
    ADPaqTreseriousToddCollier
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    Yeah that wont be a complaint for long.
    TripodJadenToddCollier
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 638
    need more cap for XP for sure
    TJSDBonesToddCollier
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 341
    @Treserious I remember this will and I know how frustrating it can be. I think NG should really tweak this to reduce upgrade times to make it a bit more even.

Persevere long enough and you'll have the opposite problem soon enough. Trust me it sucks raising several million XP just to level up one piece of gear.
    TreseriousToddCollier
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    It wasn't an issue with players who went thru the early levels 18-24 months ago (I recently played with an alt account and was in the same situation as you are now -- I thought it was great because I was actually able to upgrade some gear) .

But back then, xp for kills were about half of what they are now, and the chapter missions didn't have the extra xp rewards they have now. And it also rained in the camp every day.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    DoTakpaintbeastTreseriousToddCollier
    ADPaq said:

@Treserious I remember this will and I know how frustrating it can be. I think NG should really tweak this to reduce upgrade times to make it a bit more even.

Persevere long enough and you'll have the opposite problem soon enough. Trust me it sucks raising several million XP just to level up one piece of gear.

I bet...
    but now I'm at a point where if i play too much, I waste xp.
    still think the upgrade time on the workshop needs to be drastically lowered to be more in line with toon leveling.
    ADPaqpaintbeastToddCollier
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,529
    Yep, it's just under 3 days per piece of equipment. Assuming you just use one survivor per class then you have about 30 days worth of equipment upgrades each time you move up a level. It takes less than a week for the survivor upgrades :lol:
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    WellyLuga said:

Yep, it's just under 3 days per piece of equipment. Assuming you just use one survivor per class then you have about 30 days worth of equipment upgrades each time you move up a level. It takes less than a week for the survivor upgrades :lol:

Theoretically. Personally, it takes me more than a week to save up the 2.48 million XP per survivor to level. I'm lucky to get 3 a week.
    ToddCollier
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 584
    First world country problems...
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    ToddCollierevilacg
    ADPaq said:

DonCoqui said:

Odd. Given I live in a first world country, most of my problems do indeed tend to be first world. Shocking, isn't it.
    I'll give you that. It's the anger and rightousness of the post that's bothersome.
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    ToddCollierbigbeano
  • NG_SamNG_Sam Staff Posts: 544
    Keep it civil in here.
    ToddCollierChiefkeo
    edited January 2018
    DonCoqui said:

ADPaq said:

DonCoqui said:

Odd. Given I live in a first world country, most of my problems do indeed tend to be first world. Shocking, isn't it.
    I'll give you that. It's the anger and rightousness of the post that's bothersome.
    I'm a level 32 Keyboard Paladin who always rolls 20's.
    anger and righteousness are the names of my +5 keyboarding gauntlets. :smiley: *EDIT* (bad DnD jokes)

I had a severe sinus infection when I wrote that, off work, antibiotics, pounding headache, bored to tears when not asleep, and frustrated at the one decent thing left. yup, I was full on feeling cranky, lol.

I took a break from the game during the holidays, levelled up my council, TG, and workshop, so it's not so much an issue right now, at least til I upgrade all my toons.
    DonCoquiChiefkeo
    @Treserious
    Thanks for the reply. Things get better once you get to the higher levels. I'm at lvl 65 and play at leisure so I no longer have storage problems.
    Treserious
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 612
    A couple people complaining about this issue...I see a “Trade XP For Supplies Event” in the future...
    ekimhclewTreserious