Are these good traits?

Should I spend my tokens on him?

Best Answer

Answers

• GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,194
    For a Scout, they are pretty good. I must have Retaliate and Ruthless in my Scouts. I don't particularly like Vigilant and Power Strike because I'm aggressive with my Scouts (I move them a lot, so Vigilant and Power Strike would not be useful). But, if you can get Strong or Dodge, you have a very good Scout for most types of missions.

I'd keep him and roll the dice on the next trait unless you have someone better. Just don't pull Defensive Stance or Bullet Dodge. However, I do like Bullet Dodge with my Outpost Raiders.

Good luck!
  • anderfm12anderfm12 Member Posts: 161
    No. Tokens
    MadPuppy
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,078
    @redbaron
    I would roll the dice on him. He could be very nasty. For him I would say you need iron skin or dodge for 5th trait. Imagine him as a meat shield scout. Throw 3 damage reductions and 3 health badges on him.... MMM run that scout to the think of things and let him go to town Add in long range to hit more enemies in the center of action..
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 451
    You have any good scouts or is this it?
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,284
    Tokens for me. I suppose with something like defensive stance for the 5th he would make a nice interrupting scout when paired with vigilant/powerstrike and an interrupting weapon. Personally I find that scouts are best used aggressively as previously mentioned. I think you really need iron skin/dodge for your scouts or else he'll just get injured/bruised by one swipe.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    @WellyLuga

That is the beautiful thing about badges. Imagine a scout that takes damage like a bruiser. Or a bruiser that inflicts damage like a scout.

3 badges for damage reduction and 3 for health I don't think this scout with iron skin would have much issue.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,284
    True, but then the main strengths to a scout is the ability to one shot the toughest enemies and it will struggle to do that with 3 DR/health badges in high level challenge or the distance :smile:
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    @WellyLuga

I am still only level 21 toons, but I have a defensive type scout that's loaded like that the natural strength without badges for scout is still strong. IMO just switching roles with a bruiser... I also have a bruiser that has damage badges so he acts more like a scout.

With retaliate and vigilant on this scout you can hit that strong Z then retaliate should kill him. Then with vigilant you can hit the rest of hoard and kill.... But I guess where my logic is wrong is assuming player has the long range scout weapon which hits more targets than one. Without that this toon isn't as good, but with it you can make a powerful bruiser scout with badges.