Bullet Proof Trait on Armour use.

The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
edited January 2018 in Strategy Discussion
@Teeceezy @Shteevie @TJS I have a hunter vest will gold 30% bullet proof trait. does that work against walker hits and has that chance of turning their strike into a body shot ? If so does that then tie into luck to increase its chance of activating ?

Comments

• John_DoeJohn_Doe Member Posts: 17
    Bullet proof only have a chance to turn bullet attack into body shot attack since it was introduced, BUT it was bugged to have a chance to turn all melee attack into body shot attack too when NG introduced hazard suit in update 2.8.
    NG fixed this bug in update 2.9.
    It's a similar bug like bullet dodge was introduced.
    SCBMAjimmorrison369
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,451
    edited January 2018
    @The_Overcomer

Personally I've never looked into Bullet Dodge, all I know is that it's probably the most useless trait.

*edit to add.
    I miss read bullet proof for bullet dodge but again another trait I'm not too familiar with.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    The_Overcomer
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,713
    In general, luck and body-shot don't interact.

For example, piercing decreases the chance at body shot on your enemy.
    Because piercing is NOT a chance, and body-shot is not affected by luck. Luck does not help.

I assume this goes the same for bulletproof. Bulletproof is not a chance, body-shot is not affected by luck. Thus luck and bulletproof don't interact.

If you are reading this and think: "piercing and bulletproof are luck traits"
    You are wrong.
    Shteevie said:

Luck's description reads:
    "Improves the chances that other traits will take effect by X%."
    Piercing's description reads:
    "Reduces the chance that your attacks will result in Body Shots by X%."

Piercing 'works' all the time - that is, it always applies that change to the Body Shot chances, whether or not they turn out to matter. Because Piercing works all the time, it cannot be affected by luck.

If you want to put a fine point on it, consider a different hypothetical trait description for Piercing:
    Actual: "Reduces the chance that your attacks will result in Body Shots by X%."
    Hypothetical: "X% chance that a Body Shot will be changed into a regular hit."

The actual trait affects an event determined at random that does not originate from a trait. The second creates a whole new effect that occurs based on a random chance. You can hopefully see how the second would be affected by Luck and not the first.

• MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732

@Teeceezy @Shteevie @TJS I have a hunter vest will gold 30% bullet proof trait. does that work against walker hits and has that chance of turning their strike into a body shot ? If so does that then tie into luck to increase its chance of activating ?

Walkers don't hit you with bullets.

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,713
    Mabiki said:

Walkers don't hit you with bullets.

Although that is sound logic.
    The trait did work on normal walkers too, for a long time actually.
    But they've fixed it in last update.
    SCBMAbigbeanoThe_Overcomer