Weekly class bonus suggestion

Would be great to have a Melee bonus one week or a ranged bonus.....would give us the opportunity to mix it up a bit during these long long challenge grinds. How about it?
Leader of Trinity.
TimboskiATLAS-ZTripodatrainofficial

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,303
    Great suggestion. I don't necessarily think it would be great to have an "all ranged survivors" boost because they would be incredibly overpowered, but I do think an "all melee survivors" would be a lot of fun. I found myself using a mix of warriors and bruisers on some of the maps in this past challenge, and it would be fun to run with diverse teams of buffed up melee survivors.
    Leader of Legacy Eh, a top 5 global guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg/playlists
    Line ID: jayztwdnml
    MystiqueTimboskiGhostdance
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    JayZ said:

On a side note: Warrior bonus week on a challenge that has several maps with flaming walkers...? Seriously?

Not the first time we've had warrior week with this exact challenge, either. So annoying. Perhaps a not-so-veiled attempt to get us to upgrade all that gear with the hazard suit trait?
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    1RisJadenGhostdance
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    That thought is all fine and dandy @DBones but it seems only the training trait exists in my little part of NML :disappointed:

Which I find completely useless and a waste of XP btw.. js
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    DBones
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,041
    You better gear up with those hazard suits boyz.
    Ghostdance
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,911
    When I saw that it was warrior week I started to look forward to this challenge, until I saw the map set! Even with hazard suit you can't exactly run into a pack of 6 walkers and take them down with a warrior without taking a fair chunk of damage! The lost bunker is also featured in this set too. The grind is bad enough without having to play the same map two challenges in a row!
    JadenDoTak
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    Guys, there's only 3 maps with burning walkers in this challenge. One of those maps you can run through with 3 scouts. The other 3 maps are going to be awesome with a warrior boost. It's really not a big deal.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD

Guys, there's only 3 maps with burning walkers in this challenge. One of those maps you can run through with 3 scouts. The other 3 maps are going to be awesome with a warrior boost. It's really not a big deal.

Cabin by the Lake will be nice with a Warrior boost, but I wouldn't use Warriors in either Into the Woods or Double Trouble.

Into the Woods is so long and narrow that you get very little benefit from a Warriors' ability to arc and hit multiple walkers at once. Double Trouble is a giant map and has a lot of ground for Warriors to cover. Sure, you can use Threat Reduction Scouts, but once you get to the third round of a given map, it's going to be much harder when you have to reduce threats from 4 walkers per spawn wave.

Even if Warriors were serviceable on two or three of the maps this challenge, "you get to use the class bonus on maybe half of the maps in this challenge" isn't a particularly compelling argument. A challenge like Alexandria would be very cool with a Warrior or Scout bonus. Forest? Not so great.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg/playlists
    paintbeastWellyLugaJadenDoTak
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,242
    @crambert_nec

Bruiser week wasn't the issue. I was able to get PB with bruiser week, but the super powers of the freeman killed me. They seemed to be stronger and could cover entire map 1 turn. Other than that my meat shields did their job :)

@JayZ Fair enough, you're right about it not being the most compelling argument. I still think all 3 of those maps could utilize a Jesus and threat reduction strategy, though. But hey, it could be worse. We could have a bruiser week with 3 Freemen maps!

Hahaha, I surprisingly took advantage of Bruiser week with 3 freemen. On Opposing Forces 29.3, I used a team of Morgan and two Bruisers, loaded with health boosts and damage reduction badges and wide-arc Bruiser weapons, and basically let them take hits and dish out charged attacks every other turn. I think I could have 3 starred it if the freemen weren't glitched and avoided being stunned even on my charged attacks which are guaranteed non-body shots.

Drunken
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    @JayZ Nice. I was able to 3* that map at 29.3 with just hunters and shooters but then I used a bruiser with other tanks to basically run to the finish line at 31+. I need more damage reduction badges. They're the hardest for me to find. So bruisers can be helpful in those maps, but I'm not quite sure if a damage boost for them is.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    I mean, I have my Hazard Suit also ready to go. Still not going to enjoy it though.

DoTakbigbeano
  • KudukKuduk Member Posts: 99
    Burning walkers = bad lag = unnecessary lost stars and wasted time = stress
    kkatsuADPaqDBonesJaden
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    one can not be scared of a little burning...... they make a cream for that.
    DBones