Which shooter is best for outpost defence?

I just pulled this legendary shooter (Jon). I already have two shooters I use in missions (second screenshot), but I am trying to find the best option to keep Eugene and Rufus company in outpost defence. So far, it has been Luis, but am I better off levelling up either Jon or Jason? Which ones should I ditch or invest in? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 1,767
    If you are looking for the best outpost defender it is still Luis as all of his traits will actually work in the outpost. Put him in a nice cover position so he gets the benefit of the sure shot trait.
    bigbeanoekimhclewjimmorrison369
  • Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 167
    Thanks so much! I thought Luis would be best, but wasn't 100%. So, there are traits that don't work in outpost? I know not to put badges on my defenders as apparently they don't work there, but I wasn't aware some traits didn't work - which ones?
    Also, if I want to keep two shooters for missions, which ones would you recommend - the two I am currently going with (Lennie and Eve?), or one of the newer ones? Sorry for the extra questions.
    SCBMA
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,202
    I just gotta say "HOLY COW" at Eve and Lennie especially, but Jason too. You have some bomb ass shooters.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 776
    Lennie is the unicorn. Don't wait to pink him. Quite a team with Eve (I suggest you change Lennie's name to Adam). Someday when you're bored play with Jason. I'd hold him too as his traits are solid. Keep Luis in the Outpost his right traited for that job. I think SCBMA was referring to Jon having Ruthless...
    Right, ruthless does not work for outpost defenders and neither will villigent or defensive stance because they don't go into overwatch. If someone makes a horrible mistake they can send defenders into overwatch but you wouldn't want to count on that.
  • Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 167
    @SCBMA @Cronus @crambert_nec Thanks to all of you for the really helpful advice! I will keep Luis in outpost, Eve and Lennie (soon to be Adam!) as part of my main squad, and put Jon’s tokens into getting Lennie to pink. One more question, if you have time - do hero traits work in outpost in lead position? Or am I better off putting a regular bruiser and assault in there with Luis instead of Rufus and Eugene? I have Rufus in lead
    position currently.
    SCBMA
    Hero leader traits only work if they are in the lead position. Rufus has a good leader trait so I would keep him unless you have another awesome non hero assault. Bruiser tokens are really easy to come by so I would replace Eugene with a better bruiser...retaliate and punish are good defender traits.