Suggestions/Ideas of forum users implemented in the game?

@Teeceezy @Shteevie

NG gives us this forum to talk about the game, give feedback on updates and make suggestions to improve the game.

Would it be possible for NG to give us some examples of suggestions / ideas of forum users that heve really been implemented in the game as it is today?

That would be really cool, and give huge satisfaction to those NLM players that like to play the game and help improve it!

Hope you can throw us a bone!
Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
AndreaCrazyDJadenTheLostOnesGovernatormik81ArtisansJenng

Comments

• GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,305
    I would think fixing the superhero Freemen buff and the Hospital Nerf would count. There was a huge uproar to fix those things.
    DBonesJenngSCBMA
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,013
    Timer removal this week can be included in @DLich 's list.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    DBonesJenng[Deleted User]
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Removal of auto-center.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    DBonesJenngSCBMAMattOfEarth
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,395
    Scout swift strike fix .. after 8 months and several videos directly to NG devs on 4 different chat platforms , change takes patience in the apocalypse. I hope the challenge grind will be next for the brave soldiers still left :)
    GovernatorTheLostOnesConan1976
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Maybe this one?

> @DLich said:
    > Watch on update 3.0 there will be a bundle special weapon crossbow that makes no sound (like a melee weapon) and 3 perfect traits. It’ll sell for $29.99 along with 100 Daryl tokens, 100 hunter tokens, 1000 gold and 2500 TG’s
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Jenng
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,020
    So not to toot my own horn, but NG has actually implemented a fair amount of my suggestions (or at least done something close to what I've suggested)
    - I proposed the format that eventually turned into challenge 2.0 [link]
    - After the supplies for TG trade was nixed, I first proposed supplies for gear [link]
    - After the horrible survivor rebalance, NG updated the scaling of survivor and weapon values to be more in line with walker increases [link... so close to 100 awesomes]

NG has made other quality of life improvements suggested by the forums (see the many posts above). Some other things they've adopted include:
    - Survivor class buttons in mission select screen (remember when that wasn't a thing?!)
    - Trait suggestions for weapons bundles
    - Ultimate Challenge (RIP) and 3 round pass formats (also RIP)

NG has shown a willingness to listen, engage, and adapt in the past, which I really appreciate. I'm a little concerned about their silence on the forums recently (as noted by @WeekOne). I really hope that discussions with players continue to be held, and the game continues to evolve for the better. Please bring us another quality of life update!
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    JenngTimboskiGovernator
  • SteinarSteinar Content Creator Posts: 96
    Even though it was not a direct suggestion for the game, NG has implemented a suggestion of mine lately.

There is now an area in the forum for the German community.
    For all German-speaking players who don't speak English, this is a great help.
    https://twd-nml.de

Wir informieren euch über Neuigkeiten rund um das Spiel, verraten die Tipps und Tricks der Profis und schreiben Leitfäden für die verschiedenen Spielmodi.

Facebook

paintbeastJenngGovernatorSCBMA
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,016
    A million years ago I suggested that they increase the movement of scouts.

Shortly after they did. Coincidence? Perhaps. But I my mind I take credit for that gem.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    When NG announced they were changing the way luck stac'd which can be found here and I called in advance the change they were going to be making here that it would be a percentage of a percentage.

Now I don't want to take credit for the luck nerf of 2016. That was something they advised they were going to do. I simply called what they were planning to change before they officially announced it

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,966
    I just realized something that I should mention. When the supplies for gear/crates was first implemented, it came with an influence restriction. I asked a number of times for this restriction to be removed, and eventually it was. I am still grateful to be able to participate in the supplies exchanges. Thank you again, NG!
    Jaden1RisSCBMA
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited January 2018
    There were many requests for more ingame news.

This has been highly improved and much appreciated. Specially by those who aren't on the forum. I try to tell my guild members what's going on and keep them up to date but I sometimes forget things (or I'm away) so this is a great improvement and I hope it improves more.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    sbfJerryDixonTransmuteJunSCBMA
  • TreseriousTreserious Member Posts: 69
    edited January 2018
    Jenng said:

There has been many mention of the addiction problems our survivors had, they were struggling without carol’s wolf mask to be presentable in this new world. They. Were. Fugly.

Now , we’ve been blessed with the old is the new non meth. Senior citizens everywhere! Stock up on the Metamucil erbody!

yeah, seems they took out the really meth addict looking survivor skins out of rotation, was that due to my commentary? I mentioned it once or twice. lol.

Jenng
  • RouvinatorRouvinator Member Posts: 96
    Golden girls instead of meth Heads
    1RisJackBauer
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,025
    Removal of limit on gas earned during missions, received as gifts and bought in the store for trading goods.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 616
    Great thread.

It was once a constant complaint about the ridiculous grind, and NG addressed that issue by implementing the Ultimate Challenge, and 3 level per Round Pass...

...oh...
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    JackBauercrambert_necDBonesJaden
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 783
    Remember when they sped up the opening of crates? I seem to recall somebody suggesting that on the forum before it was implemented, but that was a long time ago, and alcohol prevents my long-term memory from maintaining accuracy, so I could be imagining the forum influence on that [wise] decision.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers