What happened to gear drops?

MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
I made this statement in another thread, and again I am very sorry to be negative. Something has changed for the worse in terms of gear probability in “Gold” crates.

A year ago, or even 8 months ago, I was pulling awesome gear from missions and challenge crates. I haven’t seen ONE decent gear out of crates since June or July 2017.

Don’t say nothing happened or it’s just luck, that’s not the case and you know it. Don’t pour syrup on *something* and tell me it’s a pancake.
“Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
zeekdogGovernatorpaintbeastJayZTJSanderfm12theldssdlUbershaunatthepubJenngBubba5771mack22TroublemakerDadaGeir

Comments

• MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Nothing has changed. You heard it here first. Official word possibly coming *soon.
    Troublemaker
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    Pancakes are just a vehicle for delivering syrup, and if the syrup is good enough the vehicle is..... yum?
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    @sbf & @Mabiki, you got jokes. Seriously, something changed.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    TJS
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I have noticed no change in my own drops. This type of thread appears on the forum so often, if there was actually a change in drops every time it was alleged, every single crate reward would be grey gear or 100 xp by now.
    MattOfEarthjimmorrison369
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    If people are being forced to upgrade rare gear, it has definitely changed in the past 6-8 months . It's also probably a combination with the new traits added making it much harder to find legendary and Epic gear with decent traits
    MattOfEarthJadenshaunatthepub
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    I can get over the new traits. I actually like the “training gear”!in some situations. My problem is that since the update before this one, I was getting plenty of on-level gear. Now, everything is under-level or at a rarity too low to keep.

anderfm12Uber
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I've voiced my opinion in another thread and I agree with @MattOfEarth

Something does seem odd I'll leave it at that.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    @MattOfEarth nah I was saying that you not getting gear from mission crates is shit... the main way i sustain myself with the game as it is is humor. And sweets.

The long answer:
    Personally I've been getting the same drop rates as usual--2 or 3 pieces of legendary lvl 23 gear every challenge, though some weeks it is 0-1. But there are those in my guild who don't get relevant level legendary gear for weeks. I get crap green gear from gold crates all the time, or lvl22 legendary, and I think that jackpot weekend is very revealing of drop-rate percentages--overwhelming majority is green and a few epic pieces and even less legendary, all on the screen at the same time. I tend to play through round 45 (36 played rounds with round passes taken into account), which means crates from more than 216 missions, and I'll play some over if I care to pick up lost stars, which means more chances than others in my guild (my general data set I go by, though I do notice both favorable and unfavorable results shared on the forum).

It's shit that at levels 28+ we still get lvl22 gear. I know why--NG wants us to play more to try to get the gear we need. There's really no justifiable reason to get lower level gear at higher levels if your crew is at lvl23. So for gear i use the 12.5k crates and the distance, since anything else is unreliable. Armor traits are now significantly diluted with undesirable combinations, so it's harder to find a decent jacket, and we're all working with what we get. I tend to fall into the depression/acceptance stages when it comes to many rewards, and low/no expectations when NG tries something new. I do hope you get some decent gear from the challenges, but honestly I can't hold my breath.
  • binzinbinzin Member Posts: 19
    It changed. I started recognizing it when they introduced the badge system (no idea if it's correlation or causation) - the rate I was getting green jackets out of gold crates rose exponentially. In fact, gold crates used to be sought after, now when I see them I just sigh as I know they will most likely contain garbage.

Been playing for nearly 2 years- either NG changed the drop rate or the drop rate changed as I leveled up. Either way, it's unmistakably different for me.
    shaunatthepubWhoareyouMattOfEarthDLich
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    During the herd the wall walkers drop gas. They never drop gas except for the herd.

When you’re on unlimited gas then you no longer get gas from crate drops.

It’s not illogical to think during jackpot the drops aren’t changed.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • iamedgeiamedge Member Posts: 67
    It's my personal belief golden crates were nerfed when the ultimate challenge was released a few months ago. Me and several guild mates noticed right away that something wasnt right. And it's been like that ever since.
    MattOfEarth