This news explains a bit what is going on - developers are leaving the game along with the players

Comments

• JerBearJerBear Member Posts: 2
    If they stop investing in No Mans Land won't we still be able to play just without any further updates or does the game get deleted?
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,041
    JerBear said:

If they stop investing in No Mans Land won't we still be able to play just without any further updates or does the game get deleted?

It will probably stick around with no updates. They may (or may not) stop instituting weekly events, such as the weekend events, the challenges, the distance. But you'd be able to grind until you reached the top and unlocked all heros. Whee.
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,474
    @JerBear Search for Compass point West. People can still play even though it hasn’t been updated for almost 2 years. Basically the people that worked on it now work on Our World!
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 322
    apple has a habit of killing off games that don’t get an update in over two years from running on new operating systems, so NML could potentially be killed off that way for us apple folks.
    Putchucorustynail
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    There's the spirit @llamma.

Like Kramer, I'm test driving this car until it's totally out of gas!
    1Risllammabababooey
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195

apple has a habit of killing off games that don’t get an update in over two years from running on new operating systems, so NML could potentially be killed off that way for us apple folks.

Well... Shit! :#

Good news is we might have another 2 years of play. ;)
    dandancar77
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 246
    That's happen when you sucked to many $ from players.
    Also update didn't include quick swap weapon and armor

edited January 2018
    Thanks @ALF4reals ... really like your view on this. I’m feeling better after watching it.

I’m very happy that NG has acquired more business and are working on more projects. That is beautiful so congratulations on that!

All I ask is that they ensure they have enough staff to serve us while they expand their business.

Anyhow.... I’m looking forward to see what NG has planned for us this year.

Please... Please... Please... do not forget about us!

Good Night everyone 😴
    TJS
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 896
    @Kaz

I initially guessed you had 'drawn the short straw' for being the next staff member to interface on the forum. It appears that @Shteevie is MIA from the forum (considering his last comment was over a month ago). I will leave this here just in case the saying isn't clear for those who are not familiar with it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawing_straws

None of what was stated above is meant as disrespect. But those of us who are avid fans, of not only the game, but the IP would like to know the direction the game is going, IE; future updates, promotions, and most of all the longevity of the game. My best guess is NG has a contract with AMC to support this game for a specified time frame. No one here is asking for the specifics of said contract, but players probably would support future NG games as long as there was some definitive answers to the path TWD:NML is going. Good luck on your journey.
    SteinarMattOfEarthKaz
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,293
    > @BttlOpener said:
    > @Kaz
    >
    > I initially guessed you had 'drawn the short straw' for being the next staff member to interface on the forum. It appears that @Shteevie is MIA from the forum (considering his last comment was over a month ago). I will leave this here just in case the saying isn't clear for those who are not familiar with it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawing_straws
    >
    > None of what was stated above is meant as disrespect. But those of us who are avid fans, of not only the game, but the IP would like to know the direction the game is going, IE; future updates, promotions, and most of all the longevity of the game. My best guess is NG has a contract with AMC to support this game for a specified time frame. No one here is asking for the specifics of said contract, but players probably would support future NG games as long as there was some definitive answers to the path TWD:NML is going. Good luck on your journey.

There's something at the report that says three years. Pardon me if I'm wrong.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    MattOfEarth
    @Kaz thank you for dropping by and for giving us some reassurance.

Communication is key and all we are asking is that you keep communicating with us.

We haven’t seen @Shteevie since December on the forums so naturally we feel neglected (I do anyways) on that part.

Are you our new @Shteevie ?

I can’t wait to see what you have planned for us.

Troublemaker
  • SteinarSteinar Content Creator Posts: 96
    @Kaz

Thank you for your contribution, which sheds some light on the dark. ;)
    It would be nice if the communication between NG and the community could be improved.

We all love information about the game.

I am also very curious to see where the journey is going and what changes and improvements are coming. :)
    https://twd-nml.de

Wir informieren euch über Neuigkeiten rund um das Spiel, verraten die Tipps und Tricks der Profis und schreiben Leitfäden für die verschiedenen Spielmodi.

Facebook

MattOfEarthKaz
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,474
    Basically

Teeceezy—Soon

Kaz—sorry, can't tell anything for now.

I am Eggcited for the update
    MattOfEarthhunter_x
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,293
    > @Kaz said:
    > @Kaz
    >
    > I initially guessed you had 'drawn the short straw' for being the next staff member to interface on the forum. It appears that @Shteevie is MIA from the forum (considering his last comment was over a month ago). I will leave this here just in case the saying isn't clear for those who are not familiar with it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawing_straws
    >
    > None of what was stated above is meant as disrespect. But those of us who are avid fans, of not only the game, but the IP would like to know the direction the game is going, IE; future updates, promotions, and most of all the longevity of the game. My best guess is NG has a contract with AMC to support this game for a specified time frame. No one here is asking for the specifics of said contract, but players probably would support future NG games as long as there was some definitive answers to the path TWD:NML is going. Good luck on your journey.
    >
    > Haha, all the straws I draw are short, since I'm the guy that will be the bridge between players and the development of the game. Shteevie is part of the development, so he sometimes shows up to talk about specific things, explain some stuff or even just to hang a bit. However, he's been super busy currently. Mostly because I've been bothering him with suggestions, bazillion questions and discussing features and improvements.
    >
    > But yeah, I'll talk to the team and the managers to see if I can give you some spoilers from the upcoming update. Can't promise anything for know, but I think it'll be super useful to at least make you more comfortable, right?
    >
    > Thanks for the kind feedback, mate. Really appreciate it! > @BttlOpener said:
    >
    > > @Kaz
    >
    > >
    >
    > > I initially guessed you had 'drawn the short straw' for being the next staff member to interface on the forum. It appears that @Shteevie is MIA from the forum (considering his last comment was over a month ago). I will leave this here just in case the saying isn't clear for those who are not familiar with it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawing_straws
    >
    > >
    >
    > > None of what was stated above is meant as disrespect. But those of us who are avid fans, of not only the game, but the IP would like to know the direction the game is going, IE; future updates, promotions, and most of all the longevity of the game. My best guess is NG has a contract with AMC to support this game for a specified time frame. No one here is asking for the specifics of said contract, but players probably would support future NG games as long as there was some definitive answers to the path TWD:NML is going. Good luck on your journey.
    >
    >
    >
    > There's something at the report that says three years. Pardon me if I'm wrong.
    >
    > It's more along the lines of: "we have to release a game that last at least 3 years" but not one that ends in 3 years. So season 9 was just confirmed and with the massive update we are about to release "soon". Again, we have no plans to cease the production of No Man's Land. @Kaz thank you for dropping by and for giving us some reassurance.
    >
    > Communication is key and all we are asking is that you keep communicating with us.
    >
    > We haven’t seen @Shteevie since December on the forums so naturally we feel neglected (I do anyways) on that part.
    >
    > Are you our new @Shteevie ?
    >
    > I can’t wait to see what you have planned for us.
    >
    >
    >
    > Can't wait to tell you either! And nope, I'm not your new Shteevie. He's a game designer and he's deeply involved developing new content, features and well, basically every change in the game pass through him. So he's busy as truck right now. And well, I'm the messenger. :cold_sweat:
    > Basically
    >
    >
    >
    > Teeceezy—Soon
    >
    >
    >
    > Kaz—sorry, can't tell anything for now.
    >
    >
    >
    > I am Eggcited for the update
    >
    > How about if I change to:
    > "Soon! Can't tell you anything for now :dizzy:

Thanks again @Kaz

We have never been treated so well since you joined the forum. Honest and "no bullshit" answers. Good vibes.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    KazSteinar
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Woah, that quote went wrong.

But thanks a lot, guys. I hope to keep you informed and will get back to you as soon as I have more info. I'm now compiling info on the UC to present to the devs. (:

Thanks again!
    Scowley said:

@Kaz, just had to post and say how much I appreciate your comments on the forum. It's refreshing to see that our posts are being read and considered even if things aren't going in the direction we want. Your appointment has been a noticeable improvement to my forum experience.

Just thought of a strange analogy whilst typing this.

I suppose in a way I'd like my kidnapper to tell me I'm being abducted rather than them sit there in silence.

Hahahah. Trust me, mate. I've never received any complaints from my hostages!
    KillersZJadenScowleyant
  • TechfallTechfall Member Posts: 168
    @Shteevie @Kaz for the love of God, weapon swap fix, please sirs.
    RealClareBJaden