Question about gates and the Distance

I was under the impression that if a gate was 1 turn away from being opened and the character open it was disabled that the next character to try and open it would start at 1, not the full number of turns.

Was I mistaken?
Kuduk

Comments

• KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Nope, you are 100% correct! :)
    TJS
  • MortmerMortmer Member Posts: 172
    Then, we have a problem...

Both last week and this week I have had characters get a gate down to 1 and been killed. When the next character started on the gate it was at the full time again (8 in this case today) which led to me losing all three characters before the gate was opened.

When I re-entered the map, each time, the gate was open and I simply needed to run through and exit.
    anthony172
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    I think there's a difference between restarting the gate on the same run but with a different survivor (resets to full amount) and resuming the gate after restarting the level with a different roster (picks up where you left off). Don't quote me on this one, though.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    jimmorrison369dylanarenaPig
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,591
    I think @crambert_nec is right. On Challenge maps with gates, if you get stunned while opening a gate, the gate counter resets when you go back to opening it. I think the same thing happens with The Distance maps. I would bet the software coding is the same.
    crambert_nec
  • MortmerMortmer Member Posts: 172
    edited January 2018
    That might make sense but then there would be the problem of the gate being open for the next run without the requite number of turns being met by the next character trying to open it because, trust me, they don't survive long enough. ;)
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Yes, if you are interupted. Just flee
    AlexFiliUK
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    When you restart a map in the Distance, your gate counter will be one less than where you left off (guess restarting counts as a turn?). So I'm guessing the game's signals are getting crossed. You got the gate down to 1, that survivor died so you started back at 8 with a new survivor, then that one died. So you restarted the map and maybe the game took your previous lowest gate count? That could explain why it was open on a restart. Who knows?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 387
    Each survivors turn is cumulative. So if 8 turns and your first survivor is killed after 4 turns the next survivor starts with the gate counter at 8 but his first turn is turn 5, etc. It’s a visual defect. So plan only for 8 turns total then flee. Gate will be open when you return to the map.
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870

(guess restarting counts as a turn?)

I wonder what that would do to power strike.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    tabernac
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Pig said:

(guess restarting counts as a turn?)

I wonder what that would do to power strike.

Pig