Critical Chance vs Critical Damage

I have been using critical chance % over critical hit on my toons badges. For example have an epic 15% crit chance badge I’ve been using over an epic 446 crit dmg badge.

Thinking I’ll be able to clear the map faster with the higher damage, but I don’t have the math behind me to back that up.

Which would you go with?

Comments

• Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Damage
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    ZetteSPC_TORRES
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,749
    I would recommend crit damage over chance. Once you start getting to zombies 3/4/5 levels higher than you your crit chance badges become nearly useless unless you're using them on a ranged survivor with a piercing weapon
    JayZDLich
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    If the walkers are more than 3 levels higher. Crit damage.
    Below that, crit chance
    DLichPigromeo
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    With Daryl as the leader and piercing weapons my critical badges work for +5/6 level zombies... unfortunately not so well as with lower level walkers but work.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    Anyone who has ever played a MMORPH knows that critical chance trumps critical damage.

It is better to have crit's hit more often than higher crits when they do happen.

- Source : Diablo 1, 2 & 3

This game is different in the sense that with unending spawns and the need to kill walkers before they hit you I would say they are both equally important.

I play the distance on normal mode and in the lower levels it seems my survivors are always critting (when it doesn't really matter). I have no clue what my crit chance is honestly though.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    binzinPig