Warrior Trait - Lucky or Dodge?

Question: You are building a Warrior (I know, I know, groan) and for your first trait you can select either Lucky or Dodge. You can't pick either one again as a future trait so your Warrior will only have Lucky or Dodge. Which one do you choose and why (in other words which of the two is more important for this class)? This would be for a top level Warrior against the toughest, highest level opponents.

Comments

• red234red234 Member Posts: 15
    Lucky trait + dodge armor. Dodge as a trait will only affect dodge chance, but lucky interacts with many other traits and serves me in more ways than one
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,997
    If you want maximum dodge possibility then you need 2 of those together so if I was to pick one, it would be luck.
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,090
    red234 said:

Lucky trait + dodge armor. Dodge as a trait will only affect dodge chance, but lucky interacts with many other traits and serves me in more ways than one

Normally I'm in the Lucky camp too and this is true for Scouts and Bruisers for sure because they both have chance activated weapons (swift strike, threat reduction, charging, concussion, etc.). Warriors maybe only Accurate gets impacted by that. It's just unclear to me how many traits for Warrior class get impacted by Lucky. Trying to get this straightened out in my head. Again for Scouts and Bruisers it's a no-brainer, I'd take Lucky every time.
    DoTak
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,239
    Dodge. You want to reduce the chance of critical hits, and pure dodge is the best way to do that. It's also nice to not HAVE to rely on getting an armor with Dodge. Stun Resistance + Iron Skin + Hazard Suit are likely the traits you will be looking for.

Let's think about what traits are affected by Lucky:
    1. Critical chance - useless at highest levels because all of your attacks are body shots anyways
    2. Stun resistance - Lucky is useless if you have gold stun resistance on your armor
    3. Hazard suit - If Lucky does interact with the % body shot aspect of this trait, then Lucky would be useful here
    4. Leader traits - If you're building a Warrior for the toughest, highest level opponents, you are probably pairing them with Jesus, so Lucky won't have much of an effect here

Don't get me wrong, I love Lucky on a lot of survivors. However, Warriors don't benefit from it nearly as much as other survivors. They don't have swift strike, threat reduction, charging, incendiary, etc. that are all boosted by Lucky.

To me, it's a very easy decision.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    DoTak
    The twd wordpress site says:

The Traits Lucky interacts with are:
    Accuracy, Bullet Dodge, Bulletproof, Charging, Dodge, Incendiary, Power Strike, Silenced, Stun Resistance, Sure Shot, Swift Strike, Threat Reduction

Maybe this might help.
    King_Redeemer
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,239
    red234 said:

The twd wordpress site says:

The Traits Lucky interacts with are:Accuracy, Bullet Dodge, Bulletproof, Charging, Dodge, Incendiary, Power Strike, Silenced, Stun Resistance, Sure Shot, Swift Strike, Threat Reduction

Maybe this might help.

Exactly. Half of those traits aren't Warrior-specific. The other half of those traits are useless at high levels. Ever since Luck and Stun Resistance were nerfed, Luck has lost a lot of its utility.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    paintbeast
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Bulletproof is wrong in that list
    Cronusjimmorrison369
    @red234 @bladgier @JayZ Here's why I'm asking. I'm only investing in one and already have a 2 Pink however he was pre-Ruthless introduction. @JayZ what you just stated is what was going through my mind thus the question.

For the same reasons, I prefer NOT to have lucky on warrior weapons
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 250
    Even i picked 5 traits for a warrior, lucky would not be among them. Dodge, accurate and power strike probability are effected by luck. Neither power strike nor accurate are important for a warrior imo. So all that luck means for my warrior is a slight improvement of dodge, which is kind of waste of a trait slot for me.
    My ideal warrior should have dodge, retaliate, iron skin, strong and ruthless.
    Then power strike and luck maybe...
    I'm less experienced than you @Cronus, and took good advices from you too. Still i wanted to express my opinion on this.
    You guys are right. Then I'd go with Rico since he has dodge and powerstrike. I don't know if you like to overwatch with warriors but I do, so I find powerstrike useful. A good badge might make up for not having strong.
    @red234 I didn't think powerstrike worked on overwatch
    jimmorrison369crambert_nec
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    Yeah but you can overwatch and interrupt them, setting you up for a power strike bonus the following turn.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    @red234 Yes, I use this weapon all the time. I have another with same traits except with silver lethal instead of destructive.

Everyone, great discussion. I appreciate the feedback. Rico is going to be upgraded however I'm going to hold onto Theresa maybe for the future. Her traits are different enough to warrant keeping her.

This thread can be closed.