Ultimate Challenge Version 2 / Like or Don't Like?

TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501

The Ultimate Challenge Version 2

I did say in another thread a poll probably wouldn't be useful but on a second thought I've decided to create one.

Remember this is only early in the challenge so it may be best to hold off your vote till the challenge end. Remember, you only get one vote & it can't be changed.

Post your likes, dislikes and/or concerns.
Voting and commenting with help NG find a better challenge system for all.

Please try to keep comments constructive and avoid personal conflicts between players.

Ultimate Challenge Version 2 / Like or Don't Like? 105 votes

I am a low level player - I don't like this Ultimate Challenge
2%
papa040853hunter_xTiddles 3 votes
I am a low level player - I do like this Ultimate Challenge
0%
shaunatthepub 1 vote
I am a mid. level player - I don't like this Ultimate Challenge
7%
TimberDMPDbld1369Nick37warlordfTRUFAtwdnmlSleeperyJeemGaryball 8 votes
I am a mid. level player - I do like this Ultimate Challenge
6%
clausLenevalereeeSmokeandMirrorsDukeIronyRaffomsapaevKwansa 7 votes
I am a high level player - I don't like this Ultimate Challenge
27%
TransmuteJunpirate1125huskersoxfanTheRealBuckzzDeucesPapacasDIblisDLHMortmerTroublemakerGForcehorrormatherswarDjinnzivaoliviatheldssdlguidosuzequeueDoomsday 29 votes
I am a high level player - I do like this Ultimate Challenge
54%
LambarizeeblackDoTakTAnchoConan1976iced1979TheLostOnesMystiqueasdasAndreaZetteTheCrabMadPuppyjimmydawiseiozzegCaptainslayerJackBauerbladgierBigBaldEdIvor 57 votes
-
TJS  -  Member of W-S
Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
KazKillersZMadPuppy

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I'm going to hold off voting just yet but I tend to agree with @bladgier
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    I am a low level player - I don't like this Ultimate Challenge
    I hate this ultimate challenge
    Deathwish19Jenngbigbeano
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    There are a lot of factors to consider when considering how much you do/do not like about this UC. To make a fair choice, one should compare this week with the completely unbalanced map of "hilltop" to another challenge with the low-level grind with an unbalanced map such as "inside and out" or even the current maps with the low level grind.

Personally, I would rather have this than the low level grind. The round pass debacle this time is ridiculous, and let's be honest, if NG thought about what was going to influence our feelings, then it was a deliberate decision to keep round passes at one per 5 rounds... even though we are all going to play less rounds this week. There was nothing wrong with the previous ultimate challenge except for star count being lower, and they made this one worse.

Again, I'd rather have this than go back to the low-level grind which NG has admitted has no real reason to exist "once you get to the good stuff" in their news release, which is no longer up.

Way to mess up what should be a great event NG.
    Jenng
  • GaryballGaryball Member Posts: 5
    I voted for "don't like". The Intension of UC is to reduce grind and let players to have more time/energy to deal with other matters. Loading fatties and armored full of the map just make players (at least some) harder to get three stars even in the earlier rounds. Ultimately they have to spend time to wait for the survivors/energy to recover, especially for the low to mid level players who do not have sufficient resources to diversify their key survivors.

However, I do agree the UC2 might be a step in the right direction. It totally depends on what NG's next move is. If the next challenge is just back to normal.....good luck everyone.
    TJSZetteJenngDBones
    edited February 2018
    > @hunter_x said:
    > I hate this ultimate challenge

Thanks for voting @hunter_x
    It's important we hear from players of all levels.

It would be helpful to comment why or what you don't like with the UC2

Thanks again! - TJS
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    DBones
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 349
    Hilltop is a disaster and NG is trying to act like they don't know what happened. 3 rounds per pass would have made it better at least. Next week is gonna require at least 2 gas boosters to max out. Of course maybe that was plan
    JenngAimless1016T_storm69
  • _Lily__Lily_ Member Posts: 663
    edited February 2018
    It all comes down to this: as long as the lower level players don't think uc is fun we won't get it as a permanent format. We were all beginners at one point.
    I do like it, but it needs some changes.
    Less rounds per round pass and the difficulty needs to be lifted gradually. Every challenge, be it the normal version or the uc has that one mission that keeps you from moving to the next round. 3 stars on every mission, and I can't even get the one star on Hilltop.
    ZetteJenngDBonesbigbeano
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 319
    i kinda liked it but its too hard for me!
    im a low level player no badges so alot of tanks/ armored is kinda hard.
    Deathwish19Jenngbigbeano
    I'm still going to hold off my vote until later in the challenge but I think my vote will be 'Like'

My biggest concern is the RP every 5 rounds.
    If the UC was permanent it wouldn't be an issue but as it currently just for a week RP should have been every 3 or 4 rounds. Therefore reducing an impact on next week's challenge.

But in all I'm liking the challenge and look forward to seeing something permanent.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    AndreaJenng
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,039
    Hilltop is wildly imbalanced, that much is obvious. Aside from that, I feel it is a good base for NG to build upon. I regret buying a booster as I won't know how long the challenge will have taken me to complete f2p but I'm confident that I could have hit my wall, whilst playing the distance tomorrow and likely have time to play some outpost in between.

For level 23 survivors, a RSL start of 17 and triple rounds not starting until 26 was really nice and I hope they implement this structure with a few tweaks.
    TJSpradiJenng
  • KwansaKwansa Member Posts: 80
    Don't know if I am a midlevel player (player level 59 survs level 20) but I vote for like it. Maybe a little bit to much tanks and fatties but all in all it's way better then the normal grind. Maybe a mixture of this UC and round passes every three would be perfect for me.
    ZetteJenng
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    I would only mention that I don't like 1 pass per 5 rounds...
    Jenng
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 478
    My vote was a very close call, I have voted against it only because of the hilltop map, it seems way out of balance, I can just manage 3 stars in all the other maps but barely get 1 star on hilltop and think very soon will have to give up on this weeks challenge because that one map is going to prevent me levelling up.
    Jenngpsychwolf
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,039
    > @Nick37 said:
    > My vote was a very close call, I have voted against it only because of the hilltop map, it seems way out of balance, I can just manage 3 stars in all the other maps but barely get 1 star on hilltop and think very soon will have to give up on this weeks challenge because that one map is going to prevent me levelling up.

I think it's worth bearing in mind that if they kept the challenge structure the same next week, hilltop wouldn't be in the challenge. I've been treating it like the challenge with inside and out or the archives in the map set.
    Jenng
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 373
    I think I am a mid-level player. Level 50, survivors 19/20.

I do like the UC. I like the challenge instead of mindless playing. Hilltop is getting me every time so 3* for 5 of the maps and hospital time after Hilltop.

The round passes have me upset though. I only have 1 round pass and i usually have 2 by now. I am afraid I will end up at least a couple short of normal. That hurts. It means I will need to do a whole lot of catching up when we go back to normal.
    Jenngpsychwolf
  • MischaMischa Member Posts: 87
    I am a fan of the UC and like the approach.

BUT Hilltop and the missing balance is a pain in the back. Same for “inside out” for example. Don’t understand why NG is not testing this and not listening to the community. Hope they’ll do now! Hope is still there...
    JenngBuckzzjimmorrison369
  • KillersZKillersZ Member Posts: 109
    I like it. Some adjustments like 3 RP's and we're on the way.

JenngLambari
  • SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 113
    I voted for don’t like solely because of the nearly unplayable hilltop map. Don’t put multiple fatties one move from survivors at the start!
    JenngNick37MudMoccasintheldssdl
    I'm enjoying the challenge apart from the difficulty of hilltop.

I must admit the challenge is ending a little sooner than I expected for me anyway. But that's probably related to the difficulty of hilltop.

The RP every 5 rounds only bother me as this version is for 1 week, if it was permanent it wouldn't bother me.

I also have to say atleast 4 members of my guild (mid lvl) aren't enjoying the challenge as much as they'd like. Again this is likely due to the difficulty.

I don't have any more to add that hasn't previously been said by others. A few slight tweeks and it'd be great.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    LambariDBonesjimmorrison369
  • RoadRashRoadRash Member Posts: 180
    I like it and it makes my dmg reduction on Abe feeling like its paying off as im at 90% and helps on hilltop.

I like knowing the weekend is all about trying to get a few rounds cleared and be at wall.

Lambarijimmorrison369
  • LambariLambari Member Posts: 105
    I'm a high level post retired semi zombie player, doing it for fun. I like to play at high levels and with the never ending grind i never got it.
    So, I like the UC2 but:
    - 3 rounds per RP;
    - Hilltop is like "hi forum, this is @Kaz , shoot him!" lol
    >:)

DBonesKazKillersZ
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 332
    just not so sure about the reduced round passes and XXXXtra tough Hilltop.

Also I noticed on Terminus, my scout with a spear doesn’t attack two heavies at once through the fence? Is this new?
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,171
    Reduced round passes, reduced TG and finishing the challenge way too early make this a no for me.
This discussion has been closed.