TWD: Our World Gameplay!

RonfoxTVRonfoxTV Member Posts: 42
edited February 13 in Off Topic Discussion

Edit:
More gameplay!
anthony172Jenng

Comments

• MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,804
    About time to find out who else likes TWD out there. Though I might drive to another town first. What if my neighbours spot me killing z's in the street.

"Uh no man, I was just taking a picture for my new Facebook status."

God, this is going to be embarrassing. Lol.

After all the fun the Pokemon crowd is made of, and all the complaints against them.

Is that just over here?

And yet, I will go out there for sure. :#
    TJSRonfoxTVJadenbigbeano
  • RonfoxTVRonfoxTV Member Posts: 42
    > @MadPuppy said:
    > About time to find out who else likes TWD out there. Though I might drive to another town first. What if my neighbours spot me killing z's in the street.
    >
    > "Uh no man, I was just taking a picture for my new Facebook status."
    >
    > God, this is going to be embarrassing. Lol.
    >
    > After all the fun the Pokemon crowd is made of, and all the complaints against them.
    >
    > Is that just over here?
    >
    > And yet, I will go out there for sure. :#

Yeah, finding other TWD fans is going to be awesome. In the Netherlands we also had a lot of complaints about PoGo players.

But why care if other people think Im a nerd because Im protecting them grom virtual zombies :)
    Dude, we could be neighbours. :smiley:

I meant anywhere other than NL.

LOL

Meeting ppl out there was wild, I mean, there's others man, and they're just like us. Too bad the power bank i got for PoGo went with the ex.
    RonfoxTVbigbeano
  • ALF4realsALF4reals Content Creator Posts: 278
    UGH WHERES THE US BETA!
    Trust in NG *rubs ears* woo-sahhh

If you like my videos why not check them out on the YouTubes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJNZhPyxCp36-ctXh7CHUvg?view_as=subscriber
    RonfoxTV
    Where's any beta. Wasn't it going into soft launch January. Curious.
    RonfoxTV
    > @MadPuppy said:
    > Where's any beta. Wasn't it going into soft launch January. Curious.

''The Walking Dead: Our World has entered the first stage of the soft launch phase with closed beta tests at the end of 2017, continued by a launch in one market in January 2018.''

That one market is the philippines..
    Huh? Interesting. Had not expected that. Couldn't find the launch info on Google. Never seemed to see many phone Zombies in Philippines. Though I've never been to the big cities I guess.
    bigbeanoFingerfood
    > @MadPuppy said:
    > Never seemed to see many phone Zombies in Philippines.

Maybe thats why they picked that country..
    > @MadPuppy said:
    > source

That is cool to know! I wonder if they will roll it out to more countrys before April if the testing going well.

90% of the Netherlands speaks English. Just throwing that wikipedia fact out there :)
    I must live in that 10% area.

Ugh, have you tried speaking English around here? :s :# :p

There's a difference between "speaking a bit" and "speaking it as part of daily life". The latter dies not apply to just about everyone in NL but s true for many if not most in Philippines.
    RonfoxTV
  • The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    edited February 5
    Why does this video post look nothing like TWD Our World trailer game play AT ALL ? Is it fake ?
    RonfoxTV
    MadPuppy said:

I must live in that 10% area.

There's a difference between "speaking a bit" and "speaking it as part of daily life".

Sssst. What if someone from NG is reading this! Haha, but yeah you are right.

Why does this video post look nothing like TWD Our World trailer game play AT ALL ? Is it fake ?

I'm sorry you thought that this was going to be the actual game, this was just a announcement/teaser trailer.
    If they turn on the AR feature in the game it probably will look a bit more like the trailer, but it will never be like they are showing it in the video you just linked.
    MadPuppy
    More Gameplay!
    Thanks. But....

All I'm seeing is the same street with a million fights. 45 minutes of grind. Various weapons and heroes. Didn't feel like watching it all. Any parts you think are particularly interesting?

Did you see any melee weapons for the player? Or only ranged.

Let the hero take the hits. Do you even have to be careful about hitting them? Doesn't really look like it.

Where's the AR?

I quickly got bored grinding Pokemon. This doesn't look much different. :(
    RonfoxTVKaLibigbeanoJenng
    > @MadPuppy said:
    > Thanks. But....
    >
    > All I'm seeing is the same street with a million fights. 45 minutes of grind. Various weapons and heroes. Didn't feel like watching it all. Any parts you think are particularly interesting?
    >
    > Did you see any melee weapons for the player? Or only ranged.
    >
    > Let the hero take the hits. Do you even have to be careful about hitting them? Doesn't really look like it.
    >
    > Where's the AR?
    >
    > I quickly got bored grinding Pokemon. This doesn't look much different. :(

I put some time stamps in the description.
    Watching the whole 45 min is boring.. I had to do that while editing the video. Haha.

No melee weapons for the player.

I sometims had the idea that they crouch once you shoot them in the back.

AR mode is not in the game yet.
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,128
    I don't understand this game... nothing i see is worth imo...i don't get why they decided to invest in a new game instead of keep NML growing to a new level...improvements...guild war...new stuffs...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    anthony172bigbeano
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 324
    capibara said:

I don't understand this game... nothing i see is worth imo...i don't get why they decided to invest in a new game instead of keep NML growing to a new level...improvements...guild war...new stuffs...

Because lost players are almost impossible to re-monetise, and new games tend to get more attention for the attraction of new customers.
    capibaraanthony172bigbeano
    > @capibara said:
    > I don't get why they decided to invest in a new game instead of keep NML growing to a new level...

They are doing both. They got the same (sized) team on the NML project.
    anthony172bigbeano
  • jimmydawisejimmydawise Member Posts: 66
    @RonfoxTV Does Our world has an official forum yet?
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,804
    Anyone playing this? I am super confused, but then, I know nothin about Pokémon Go games. I don’t know what I’m doing and can’t seem to ‘walk’ anywhere. Help?
    bababooeyJenng
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 213
    i wanted to play it and even upgraded to a new phone because my other 2 devices were incompatible. but my new phone (moto g6 play with android 8 and over 4 gigs of available memory) and it's still not compatible. very disappointed. and i'm not buying another more expensive phone just to play this.
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 415
    I have downloaded it and played for about 30 Minutes and I’m not impressed, maybe it’s just not my kind of game, much prefer NML.
    “Aloha Snackbar” Guild No Mans Land.
    “Sheffield S13” Group Our World.
    Jenngekimhclew
    Lol, I was wondering if I was missing something! It seems very dull and non-strategic. And I have no idea what these resources I am collecting are for, or how to spend them.
    JenngSPC_TORRES
    So I found a solution... I gave the game to a teenager, who figured out more about it in 10 minutes than I did after 2 hours of gameplay. I feel dumb, but I understand things a lot better now...
    SCBMASPC_TORRESJenngJaden
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 2,278
    I need me a helpful teenager @TransmuteJun , I only have the bad attitude kind at my casa :D
    It lights up green and I just click it lol I see some peeps desperately struggling with life or death in my hood but I’m not walking around my streets right now like some kind of weirdo. ( plus it’s dark outside. Lol)

SPC_TORRESJadenmack22
    edited July 13
    You can click on the people struggling and save them. Then they follow you around until you build them a house. I think you get stuff for that.

The coins are used for upgrading regular stuff. But named things, like Michonne or Dale’s RV, have their own special ‘tokens’ for upgrading. You collect them whenever you get a card with that hero/item on it.

But yeah, pretty much if it has a floating icon, you click it and then tap the heads. I used a grenade a couple of times but I think it wounded Michonne, who just wades in there. So I stick to headshotting everything.
    Jenng
    Ok, helpful teenager just clarified, you need resources AND coins to level up stuff, apparently.

I still feel stupid.
    Jenng
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 415
    This game is starting to grow on me now, I actually have it on my iPad as well as my phone and it is very playable just sitting at home although to get the most out of it it’s probably better to walk around the neighbourhood as you can find more targets.
    “Aloha Snackbar” Guild No Mans Land.
    “Sheffield S13” Group Our World.
    Jenng