List of traits affected by luck.

bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,000
Seeing some threads recently and being a long time player, I have started to doubt my knowledge after some recent luck effect related posts.

I would very much appreciate if any NG staff could list EVERY single one trait affected by luck with a pattern (calculation) how.

This kind of thread deserves to being pinned and announced in my opinion.

Doesn't have to be my one. Any that would explain it whole step by step by someone like @zbot or @Kaz or @Shteevie

I believe @DLich will have lot to say in the matter as well.

Thank u all involved.
SerpKazjimmorrison369zeekdogbigbeanoPutchuco1Risaafr99ambience

Comments

• zeekdogzeekdog Member Posts: 188
    > @Kaz said:

> I do find interesting the idea of having it pinned somewhere since it's a recurrent question, however, I don't really know where to pin that one as this is a very specific question.
    >
    > Maybe having a Gameplay-FAQ somewhere in the Strategy Discussion or maybe a Support FAQ would do the trick? What do you "forumers" think?

Either or would be great. I often remember, or think I remember, the answer to a question but searching it out can be difficult. Needle in a haystack, or a fart in a whirlwind sort of difficulty. Anything to help would be greatly appreciated.
    bigbeanoKaz
  • HaoHao Member Posts: 9
    So the trait Piercing doesn't interact with luck, right? But why?
    And please also clarify does luck affect with hero trait? For example, Sasha or Governor.

Thanks
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,931
    Thnx @kaz for clarifying.

I agree that wordpress site is awesome and very much correct most of the time...

Just remember that piercing was also on the luck list on that site.
    It only changed after this discussion a couple of months ago.

If it weren't for that discussion piercing would still have been on the list.
    Incorrectly I might add. It makes me wonder if you would have referred to that site in that hypothetical situation.... I hope not.

That's why we ask to verify these kind of things.
    We can not be sure all information is correct on that site.
    I_Am_Psycho
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    I do like this thread, it has clarified a lot, thank you @Kaz!
    I think support FAQ is the best place for this info.
    Kaz
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,000
    Thanks Kaz.

Seems that I was living in a lie... again. Done by myself.

Luck not affecting piercing is a huge bummer to me but well... it is what it is.
    msapaevTripodromeo
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    @Kaz much appreciated confirmation.

@bladgier thx much for brining this up again and not letting it slip.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    bladgier1Risromeo
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 772
    Kaz said:

NOTE that Lucky doesn't affect Leader Traits."

Let me know if you have any suggestions or improvements before I send it to support!

@Kaz - I seem to remember a big discussion awhile back that I believe @Shteevie chimed in on in which Lucky does affect at least some Leader traits. I believe the example was in regards to Sasha's leader trait kicking in. I'll see if I can dig it up, or if someone else remembers that discussion please post!

Thanks for all of your help
    Kaz
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    tabernac said:

Kaz said:

NOTE that Lucky doesn't affect Leader Traits."

Let me know if you have any suggestions or improvements before I send it to support!

@Kaz - I seem to remember a big discussion awhile back that I believe @Shteevie chimed in on in which Lucky does affect at least some Leader traits. I believe the example was in regards to Sasha's leader trait kicking in. I'll see if I can dig it up, or if someone else remembers that discussion please post!

Thanks for all of your help
    great call! I've added the list of the leader traits that are affected by the Lucky trait!
    tabernac
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    JackBauer said:

@Kaz you may add that cap disclaimer for some traits.

Done!
    tabernac1RisI_Am_Psycho
  • MikyMouseMikyMouse Member Posts: 44
    > @Shteevie said:
    > It should be noted that many Leader Traits are 2 smaller things stuck together. Luck affects things that happen or not based on a percentage chance, not things that always increase some other number by a percentage.
    >
    > In Jerry's case, for instance, Luck causes it to happen more often, but doesn't increase the amount of damage reduction. In Gabriel's case, the chance to dodge is affected by Luck, and the Luck he adds himself adds on to other Luck the Survivors may have.
    >
    > Also also also, each survivor's luck is added up separately. If Carol has lucky gear, that helps her, but not the others on her team. Similarly, her teammate's Luck helps the benefit of Carol's leader trait, but only for them, and not for Carol.

@Shteeve @kaz

OK thks but y should have a unique version...(or the confusion reign)

I Wrote few weeks ago to in-game support (it s your support) about luck interact with piercing, the reply was YES ( i have the screen)

So, for the last time, and best simply reply,

LUCK WORKS ON PIERCING?
    (Yes/No)

Thks in advance
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,873
    Luck does not work with piercing. What I want to know is does luck stack with luck? so if you have two sets of 20% luck do you then times the other traits by 0.4?
    Kaz
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    @Firekid, it works as you supposed. If you have 15% luck trait on your survivor and 15% luck on his weapon, it results in additional 0.3 chance.
  • MikyMouseMikyMouse Member Posts: 44
    > @Firekid said:
    > Luck does not work with piercing.

I only wrote what the support told me

So i m here and i d like an official (and definitly) answer, if it possibile to know
    bigbeano
    Very much appreciate your work and dedication @Kaz

I can't think of anything else to be added to that list!

Well done, thank you!

@MikyMouse
    Piercing is not affected by luck. It's confusing because it's got "chances" word in it but it's confirmed by NG staff here that it doesn't.
    MikyMouse
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    original post here
    Kaz said:

Clarifying!

Lucky affects Hazard Suit, Bullet Dodge and Dodge.

Lucky doesn't affect Piercing :(

bigbeano
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited February 2018
    @kaz, what about critical chance( without accurate/powerstrike/sureshot)?
    Is the base critical chance influenced by luck?

Is accurate/powerstrike/sure shot actually an alteration to the critical chance trait?

What about missing a walkers "xtra" attack when walking by?

Thank you.
    bigbeano
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    You guys have came such a long way in the last little while , especially in explaining traits which has never really been openly talked about by devs or staff. I was once one of your biggest critics, but I have to give you some Kudos on the new communication
    PutchucoCaptainslayersbf
    This is awesome and quickly becoming my favorite thread!
    edited February 2018
    Not sure if we have this properly communicated already, but my understanding is:

- Luck on a Hero ONLY affects them, NOT any of the team members
    - Luck on a team member (either directly or weapon) adds to the probability of a (probability-based) hero-trait to kick in for THEM (!)

Is that helping or making it more complicated?
    antDLich
    edited February 2018
    @Putchuco

Yes. Here's part of @Shteevie comment back from November, picture attached.

He also mentioned that all that applies with exception of Gabriel's trait as it does affect whole team.

Also keep in mind that those calculations are only an example and in reality, they don't stack by addition.

Asa reminder, if hero trait is 10% with 5% luck combined (luck on a weapon and survivor stack by addition) then:

10 (% trait) x 1.05 (0.5 being all luck added, only 5% in this scenario hence why .05. If 15% then .15 and so on)

So 10 x 1.05 = 10.5 %
    I see, very good!

It might be a good idea to put all of this info together while we are at it.

And, kudos to you @bladgier for relentlessly going after this! You are getting a medal, bro!
    bladgier
    @Kaz @Shteevie how about:

- PowerStrike: '...and have a % better critical chance if you have not moved'

Chance ie probability should kick in more with Luck, correct?