How to fix Ultimate Challenge (joking not joking)

valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
Next time we test UC:

1. KaBoom with an Assault bonus
2. Using Round Passes: optional
3. Double all star counts

I believe this will fix everything that most players hate about UC.

Winner of the 'Post Your Worst Jackpot' contest Jan18
Troublemaker

Comments

• paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    3. They should just start a new leaderboard. Keep the old one (for posterity), but I think a new format requires it. If we all start at zero, fewer stars mean nothing.
    R2runfastPutchucoJaden
  • valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
    edited February 2018
    People seem to be really unhappy that they wouldn't be able to get a new PB because of fewer stars and their old PB would be sitting there mocking them forever :smile:

• valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179

3. They should just start a new leaderboard. Keep the old one (for posterity), but I think a new format requires it. If we all start at zero, fewer stars mean nothing.

Or just double the star count for everything. Then everyone gets a new, higher PB.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I don't agree with restarting leader boards or creating a new one. I'm positive I'm not the only one with this opinion.

The only difference with the UC format is it's going to take longer to move up the leader boards. So if you're moving up, you still should move up, it'll just take longer.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • LootHoarderLootHoarder Member Posts: 117
    Lol what do you mean still move up? Just as something to think about as far as this goes: start a new account today. Do you think you have a legit chance to be the top star count in the world?

Quick answer: no.

Thats the problem that rolling leaderboards for individual players aligned to challenge periods would solve. No one wants to say to @Terminates we think your star counts should be invalidated, but just saying that @Terminates could quit today and that player starting a new account today likely would never reach her current star count. Odds say sunset would occur first.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,387
    > @LootHoarder said:
    > Lol what do you mean still move up? Just as something to think about as far as this goes: start a new account today. Do you think you have a legit chance to be the top star count in the world?
    >
    > Quick answer: no.
    >
    > Thats the problem that rolling leaderboards for individual players aligned to challenge periods would solve. No one wants to say to @Terminates we think your star counts should be invalidated, but just saying that @Terminates could quit today and that player starting a new account today likely would never reach her current star count. Odds say sunset would occur first.

The fix and hype tool here is easy by creating two separate boards: a "legacy" for all-time scores and some sort of "cycle" that gets reset every certain period of time (hopefully giving some rewards too).

Diablo 2 did that and game is still strong after 20 years.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • LootHoarderLootHoarder Member Posts: 117
    Yup yup. Ive been suggesting that for literally years now i believe (go check my old posts and fact check for accuracy in date diffs).
    Amount of change since then? None.
    Folk surprised? None.
    New players on the individual leaderboards? None.
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,361
    No need to wipe any leaderboards. We just need to add a weekly challenge leaderboard for players. Resets with every challenge.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    MystiquevalereeepaintbeastTroublemaker