Re-balance a few distance maps

A few maps could use tweaking on the distance....for example level 19 this week is game over for all of us I would imagine.....beef up the freemen on this map and ease off the ultra quick spawn and we might stand a chance and killing these tough walkers one by one.....same for level 21 some weeks where it’s kill all the freemen and no walker spawns at all......I’m not saying make it easy...just give us a hint of a chance to beat it.
GkingsdlbGovernatorbradleyharveyHypnoticSoulromeo

Comments

• crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    Yeah, there's basically 3 nightmare maps in all of the Distance. #19 this week, I haven't beaten this yet but I've seen a few videos of people doing so. #21 last week (all Freemen, no walkers), I'll never beat this. #20 from two weeks ago (kill 5 level 40 armored walkers with spawns every turn), beat this once with Sasha and two assaults but this is very hard to replicate.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    Gkingsandy75romeo
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,883
    This week's motorpool is beatable with the right combination of incendiary hunters, high damage scouts in red health to feed and distract the tanks and hope you get lucky with some help from the freemen. There are some helpful videos on YouTube from Stelio.
    romeo
    There's definitely some good strategies for 19 but a lot of them rely heavily on a lucky starting spawn
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 257
    What is Stelio’s user name on YouTube?
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,286
    I beat level 19 twice this week. Incendiary Hunter + Assault + Bruiser to stun. Only had to replay it once in the two times I beat it.

Level 21 this week, on the other hand, is a total fucking terror. Kill 8 walkers, and there are 8 armored walkers when you start...
    Leader of Legacy Eh, a top 5 global guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg/playlists
    Line ID: jayztwdnml
    romeo
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 342
    The mission #20 of distance #4 really need a rebalance kill 5 armored lv41 plus quick spawn of lv40 walkers is nearly to impossible

I don't consider that the mission #19 of this distance need something, is beatable
    @JayZ Skip to the end of the video I posted above. It's annoying how easy he makes it look, I only had 5 survivors left for it so couldn't manage it with what I had left.
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 342
    @JayZ attract the granadiers to your start point, sacrifice one of your team meantime you wait the spawn to kill the walkers with those granadiers
  • keplerkepler Member Posts: 14
    All of these maps are beatable except the 3 freeman one. The others just depend on a bit of luck, which of course sucks.
  • StelioStelio Member Posts: 42
    That one is beatable too. I recorded it last weekend but didn't have enough time to upload yet.
    Mischa
    Please share that one when you do @Stelio!
    > @Stelio said:
    > lol sorry about that @WellyLuga :# it wasn't meant to annoy you :p

It only annoyed me cause when I got to 21 after watching your video I thought to myself this is it, I've done it surely. Then the grenadiers walked away from me and all hope was lost :lol:
    anthony172
    @andy75 I'm curious, what do you disagree with about my post? Do you find those maps easy?
  • GhostdanceGhostdance Member Posts: 26
    Respect to you guys that have beaten these maps and thanks for sharing the video......I’m now looking forward to Saturdays repeat distance to give it another shot.
    @mimica I've actually beaten that map with Sasha and two assaults. But no matter how hard I try I just can't beat 19 this week. Failed twice already. :(
  • BerndErwinBerndErwin Member Posts: 69
    Beatable - But a total Pain. 19 is possible if you take down one Fatty each try, the first two ideally with freemen help. Incendiary is crucial, stunning by assault or bruiser buys you enough time to burn them down. 21 on the other hand is easy, especially if you have Sasha and two assaults. Put Sasha in the tight space on the down left corner and the assaults in Front of her. They Block away any harm. Light everything up and use the assaults to stun. Sashas hero Trait should allow to recharge stunning quite quick until 8 walkers are burnt down.
    Governator
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 257
    edited February 2018
    @crambert_nec I didn’t even realize I had hit disagree. Nothing meant by it. Lol

Edit- changed to agree
    crambert_nec
    I finally beat this one today. Only took 4 tries! Killed a tank each time with only 1 fail. The trick was to use a hero like Rosita, Dwight, Aaron, Merle, or Rick as leader each time for their added damage. I hardly ever use these heroes, so I finally stacked them with damage and critical damage badges and they became much more formidable. Instead of relying on Incendiary with hunters, I instead used a charged assault with the Dixieland BBQ for a 100% chance to light a tank on fire each turn. Each try I basically ran an assault, shooter, and scout/hunter all charged and just unloaded on a tank. Having a survivor with Revenge was also nice after I would sacrifice a different survivor to a tank, giving me extra damage. It's also smart to still bring a hunter with Incendiary to burn all the normal walkers (like @Governator said) so when they start closing in on you you can easily sacrifice someone for a one-turn struggle to buy you more time.

Now if someone can tell me the secret on how to beat that final map from last week (all Freemen, no walkers), I will have beaten every Distance set!
    TJSMischaJaden
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,704
    edited February 2018

I finally beat this one today. Only took 4 tries! Killed a tank each time with only 1 fail. The trick was to use a hero like Rosita, Dwight, Aaron, Merle, or Rick as leader each time for their added damage. I hardly ever use these heroes, so I finally stacked them with damage and critical damage badges and they became much more formidable. Instead of relying on Incendiary with hunters, I instead used a charged assault with the Dixieland BBQ for a 100% chance to light a tank on fire each turn. Each try I basically ran an assault, shooter, and scout/hunter all charged and just unloaded on a tank. Having a survivor with Revenge was also nice after I would sacrifice a different survivor to a tank, giving me extra damage. It's also smart to still bring a hunter with Incendiary to burn all the normal walkers (like @Governator said) so when they start closing in on you you can easily sacrifice someone for a one-turn struggle to buy you more time.

Now if someone can tell me the secret on how to beat that final map from last week (all Freemen, no walkers), I will have beaten every Distance set!

Final Stand is beatable with charged Shooter and two melee sacrificial lambs. The key is to move to the bottom, left corner and use the melee survivors to to block the opening where the sandbags are. Do not shoot the Exploders! I use the Shooter to plink away at the Armored walkers as they struggle with the melee Survivors. Make sure your Shooter does not have revenge in case it is an Exploder that struggles with your sacrificial lambs. The big spawn wave hits just as the melee team members die and the Exploders come in for the buffet. Then, use your Shooter's charged attack to blow up the Exploders and everyone around them. I ended killing 11 walkers and activating the exit. The Shooter made a break for the exit, but a flaming Armored Walker got him. The next round was easy. Took a charged up Bruiser, Assault, and injured survivor (just in case I needed to slow down any walkers with a buffet). One got in a struggle near the exit, but I was able to free them when My Assault stunned them. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. :sunglasses:
    > @Governator said:
    > I finally beat this one today. Only took 4 tries! Killed a tank each time with only 1 fail. The trick was to use a hero like Rosita, Dwight, Aaron, Merle, or Rick as leader each time for their added damage. I hardly ever use these heroes, so I finally stacked them with damage and critical damage badges and they became much more formidable. Instead of relying on Incendiary with hunters, I instead used a charged assault with the Dixieland BBQ for a 100% chance to light a tank on fire each turn. Each try I basically ran an assault, shooter, and scout/hunter all charged and just unloaded on a tank. Having a survivor with Revenge was also nice after I would sacrifice a different survivor to a tank, giving me extra damage. It's also smart to still bring a hunter with Incendiary to burn all the normal walkers (like @Governator said) so when they start closing in on you you can easily sacrifice someone for a one-turn struggle to buy you more time.
    >
    > Now if someone can tell me the secret on how to beat that final map from last week (all Freemen, no walkers), I will have beaten every Distance set!
    >
    > Final Stand is beatable with charged Shooter and two melee sacrificial lambs. The key is to move to the bottom, left corner and use the melee survivors to to block the opening where the sandbags are. Do not shoot the Exploders! I use the Shooter to plink away at the Armored walkers as they struggle with the melee Survivors. Make sure your Shooter does not have revenge in case it is an Exploder that struggles with your sacrificial lambs. The big spawn wave hits just as the melee team members die and the Exploders come in for the buffet. Then, use your Shooter's charged attack to blow up the Exploders and everyone around them. I ended killing 11 walkers and activating the exit. The Shooter made a break for the exit, but a flaming Armored Walker got him. The next round was easy. Took a charged up Bruiser, Assault, and injured survivor (just in case I needed to slow down any walkers with a buffet). One got in a struggle near the exit, but I was able to free them when My Assault stunned them. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. :sunglasses:

Oh, I beat Final Stand this week doing exactly that. I'm talking about last week's set where it's just the 3 level 41 Freemen you have to kill and there's no walkers to help take them down.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,704

> @Governator said:

Oh, I beat Final Stand this week doing exactly that. I'm talking about last week's set where it's just the 3 level 41 Freemen you have to kill and there's no walkers to help take them down.

Oh, that one is too brutal for me. That one needs a re-balance for sure.