The Distance Unfair Zombie Advantage

@kaz So normally in NML, zombies are wandering until you alert them. I just had a Scout in lvl 17 hiding up the far end (other survivors dead) of the map and had zombies spawn right at the far left at the start after the 2nd turn. Then instead of going for the freemen they came directly to me in 3 or 4 moves. How is this meant to be allowed when I hadnt moved nor alerted them and I was far away from them but they both directly came straight for me. Please look at this as not fair play I think.

Comments

• mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,124
    edited February 2018
    We're the freemen in hiding also?
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    This has happened to me before too. Walkers ignore a freemen hunter at the left and swarm me at the endzone.
    mack22The_OvercomerDBones
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Freshly spawning walkers are immediately alerted, no matter the distance.
    The logic might be that they are coming to this location because of the general noises.
    Walkers in the initial spawn need to become aware of you before they come after you.

And on top there's the effect @Mabiki mentioned, walkers tend to come for us and not for the freemen.
    But there seems to be a distinct difference depending on the mission:
    - Outpost: walkers will not attack defenders at all
    - Challenge: both Freemen and walkers love coming after you, but they will attack each other
    - Distance: Freemen and walkers will go after each other, but tendency is also to come after our guys.
    At least that's how I am perceiving it.

Also, with higher difficulty there seems to be a higher aggression factor kicking in for the walkers.

But, maybe, I'm only imagining things.. ;)
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    @Putchuco Pretty much sums it up. It was the distance and lvl 18 so lvl 32 walkers. I'll just have to try work around it but a bit disappointing @mack22 The freeman was being attacked and I was hoping he would keep them occupied while I hid but unfortunately not and I hoped he was going to die while I was on the line and escape.

Thanks all for your comments and feedback ...

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,713
    Only thing I can think is that the freemen were surrounded by other walkers so the ones that could get a hit on the freemen came for you? Similar if one of your own survivors are surrounded or struggling.