This week's challenge and weekend event!

KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
Hey Everyone!

We are busy analyzing the data and player feedback from the players from the 2 weeks of Ultimate Challenge. So for now, it’s back to normal Challenge rules regarding starting difficulty and the rate of difficulty increase. However, we wanted to do something for players who play through the challenge this week that makes it more worthwhile for all the effort they are putting in. So we decided to keep the guild rewards as they were in the previous week.

IN ADDITION, for this weekend, we will have for the first time a... COMPONENT+CRAFTING EVENT!

How does it work, you ask?
- Higher chances of getting components and badge fragments in every mission with crate rewards [Story, Season, Challenge, and Scavenge on difficulty 15 or higher].
- The best results for Badge creation are now better than ever before!
- For example, by using only COMMON components, there is a small chance to get an EPIC BADGE!

In combination with this event, we are reducing the gas cost of Scavenge missions for everyone, so you will have a great place to hunt for components all weekend long, even after you reach the end of the Challenge.

The weekend event starts on the 16th of February, at 13:00 UTC, and ends on the 19th, at 13:00 UTC.
GovernatordocfinzenburgDavid_H79anthony172anderfm12Andy_bbladgierDLichTJSGeneral_PainConan1976p_herianJapes87Cherokee_RoseRealClareB_Lily_mack22KyrusAmBushJadenMurdoqueKudukATLAS-ZbigbeanoSteinarHaozeeblackbababooeyThe_Overcomer5megheadPapacasromeoekimhclewTWDCanada27S1mondj611TatdJdmkiwinz7

Comments

• GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,619
    Really bummed about the Challenge going back to the previous week (with the 1 Round Pass per 5 Rounds instead of 3). I do like the Fragment/Component drop. So, it evens out to neutral. :neutral:
    KazJenngPapacasMattOfEarth
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    thank you for the events for the weekend.

one thing that would REALLY help the grind is to remove the cooldown timer permanently. Was very nice not having it on UC, but would be even more useful now with normal number of rounds.
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

KazKillersZ
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    Challenge??? Ah yeah, 3-4 days of one shoot killing walker challenge. Nice!!! I forgot what is to play a boring game.
    Governatoranthony172suzequeueJadenTroublemakerromeo
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,987
    I had a feeling. Been surfing them components and fragments for a while.

Good stuff as usual Kazmaster!
    KazBill_ZRTanthony172
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    > @Kaz said:
    >
    > - The best results for Badge creation are now better than ever before!

Awesome! I just attemted two craftings with all Legendary components this morning that turned out Epic. :heartbreak: :bawling:
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    anthony172romeoekimhclewTatdJdm
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2018
    Short reminder: component drops in season missions only in the trials difficulty 15+

Edit: Kaz was faster with it :)
    WellyLugaKaz
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @Kaz great event, but the chances are slim i will reach the end of the challenge before the weekend ;)
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    1RisJaden
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,093
    @Kaz

This is truly a great event for the players. Extra rewards as the last 2 seemed a little off first by phones second by TG. This should make up for the difference lost. The event is awesome as well Frags are extremely rare to find and now if we are lucky enough to score Legendary Frags we will have a shot at it.

When does this go into effect? Is it already in effect? As this will determine when I buy 24 hour booster.

Thank you very much for listening :)
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,786
    > @Kaz said:

> - The best results for Badge creation are now better than ever before!
    > - For example, by using only COMMON components, there is a small chance to get an EPIC BADGE!

Can I just ask on this one so I have it right? Are the odds of the top end of the rarity increased i.e. if it's between rare to legendary there is more chance of legendary? Or just that you'll have a chance of an epic badge from all common craft which is normally between common/uncommon, chance of legendary from an all rare craft which is normally uncommon-epic.
    TJS
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    @Kaz what does mean better chances? 0,000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% more is better chances... We don't even know the "normal" chances to start with, so could you at least let us know what is % improvement? I didn't get any gear when we had the increased chances... so a x% increase of Y means very little... It only creates expectations that lead to frustration.
    DLichromeo
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    @Kaz

TBH. While "Nice" ,Badge crafting needs some serious work. Fragment drops are way too low.

751 Components, 7 Fragments

If the increase in components also includes fragments, that's not really as good news as it should be.

Increase fragment drop would be a good addition to the event.

Otherwise It'll just be another let down event.
  • keplerkepler Member Posts: 14
    Dlich- I believe it was discussed awhile ago that there is a 10% base chance of a crit and that luck does stack with that. As for the other traits....????
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    edited February 2018
    @DLich for the 1st question: this post from Shteevie
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,093
    @DLich

That is true, but any increase is great. If I am scoring 1700 stars and only getting 1 epic and maybe 1 legendary frag along with all the scavenge I do, then hopefully I get 2 epic and 2 legendary. We will see at end of challenge where we rank, but for my typical week I get one of each
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @kepler & @docfinzenburg thank you kindly for that info. Are there any other traits that have a "base" chance without any gear/survivor things?

I'm guessing 0% chance to interrupt if there's no interrupt. Same for luck, swift strike, fire damage etc.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • SkullSplitterSkullSplitter Member Posts: 7
    @Kaz
    Would you explain the benefit to NG for the 3 round timer in the challenge? Is it so players are forced to puchace multiple unlimited gas tokens on multiple days?

I admit I have spent more money on this game than I would like to admit, but I never would buy more than 1 unlimited gas token in a given week. All this “feature” does is aggravate your customers. Not everyone has all day, every day to play this game. Some of us have families and have limited time to play. I usually have 1 day where I can binge so I buy gas and work through the obnoxiously long challenge grind. Then towards the end of the challenge if I am trying to get a few extra stars, I may use gold to refill gas.

Please, please, please permanently remove the 3 round timer during challenges.
    FahqbendoverGovernatorKillersZCaptainslayer
  • MadMonkeyMadMonkey Member Posts: 17
    Drunken said:

@DLich

That is true, but any increase is great. If I am scoring 1700 stars and only getting 1 epic and maybe 1 legendary frag along with all the scavenge I do, then hopefully I get 2 epic and 2 legendary. We will see at end of challenge where we rank, but for my typical week I get one of each

Seriously? Wow I have some crappy luck. I have seen 2 legendary frags since the start of the badge system. I am around a 1600 star player. One gave me an epic badge when crafting with all leg components.

• thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    Damn, I just saw this after I crafted all my badges. Since there's never been a badge even before, I figured I was safe, lol. As usual, they ended up being 1 tier below all the components used. We all really hope this is changed one day @Kaz
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    Kaz is just the messenger...

Don’t kill the messenger

:|
    youngbesyzThe_Overcomerromeo
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    @ALF4reals lemme guess: You were drinking maybe? :D
    ALF4realsromeo
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,226
    edited February 2018
    I do like the event, but considering I crafted 40+ badges yesterday and can't score high due to the stupid timer lock and a tight schedule, my salt levels are pretty high right now.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    DBonesDrUnpleasant
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Hi @Kaz I'm I understanding the event right. There is going to be better drop rates for components, better chance for components and when you craft them during the event you have a better chance at a better badge?
    General_PainKaz
    and is the better badge creation just for this event or moving forward?
    Also, can you tell us the max for formed unassigned badges and if there is a max can ya'll add double xp for badge scrapping and free badge swaping to make it a complete badge event?