This week's challenge and weekend event!

124»

Comments

• RiggsRiggs Member Posts: 86
    Should i write it down again without the last warm sentence to ng?
  • RiggsRiggs Member Posts: 86
    So again one legendary, two uncommon and two rare fragments. The rest useless one-three star components. Tried to craft an legendary badges by using all legendary stuff. What do i get an epic damage badge 400 damage points when using michonne. Shame on you, shame on me
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    (On and off topic [maybe a bit of humor tweeked in])

I would ask for a refund on my gold if free swap happens soon. Hahaha
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Kaz
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    A guildmate described it very well: "NG should have just said, hey, you can buy gold badge fragments for gold this weekend." Crafting from common and uncommon pieces was better for existing stock, but across our two guilds, drop rates increased for common and uncommon components but did not have any significant change for anything else. That seems to be consistent with what most everyone else is posting.

So I played the distance with its guaranteed drop rates. It was nice that NG picked one of the easier versions of it to get to the epic fragments. Last mission was a breeze too for Aaron and Carl tokens.

When NG runs this event again, we need drop rates to be improved in an easily noticeable way--at least should be as good of drop rates as the distance over the course of the challenge (not necessarily per mission, but folks should be getting at least 10 or so fragments to actually craft during the event).
    Kazxbamfx
    I’ve only gotten upset with one crafting..

Of everything possible. I get common? Doh!!
    And just after bragging! Teach me!

NG spies are everywhere.
    So be careful if you play in bathroom stalls, you never know if they are watching!

Concordia

antxbamfxbigbeano
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 250
    Figured I'd change it up a bit with the "improved chances of better badges" and do something I normally don't even think about: mix rarities. So I crafted a legendary frag, two legendary components, and two epic components. Got a rare badge. :| Then mixed an uncommon frag with four rare components. Got an uncommon badge :| I don't even know what to say anymore. This event can't possibly be working as intended :(
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited February 2018
    I saw an increase in both areas but mainly in the crafting.

Also the majority of components I found were of the lower level. I'm wondering if the increase for finding lower level components was higher than the increase in finding high level components?

I'm suspecting that was the case and if so that would explain the number of finds of higher level components seemed pretty much as usual if not less.

To add.
    If I am correct my suggestion would be to increase all finds equally if or when an event like this is run again.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    aquila
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    @Kaz

I didn't get a full chance at this event as I was away this weekend, but:

Lower frag combo's did well for me, and i got a fair few upgraded. That was good. My one 2 epic Frags got me a Epic and a Rare. so a touch better than normal.

Overall, I was pleased i didn't get a miss-match in drops like i normally do. 20 Components and 15 Frags. Only 1 Epic frag, Zero Leg all weekend. As per @TJS Lots of lower items, barley any higher.

What we'd benefit from now, is a free Badge swap event to make use of the new badges.

I'd personally still like a increase chance of Fragments ONLY - I have 700 components waiting for that, no Fragments to craft though. For me, that's the other area of badges that are out of balance.
    TJS
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    edited February 2018
    Aside from all side distractive “events,” the Ultimate Challenge (particurally #3) is an absolute MUST to preserve the game. I can not and will not do another week with 5 round RPs, and triples starting at 19-20 RSP. I just can’t. By that structure, I have to spend more time on this GAME(to reach an actual “challenge” level) than I do on my full time job. That is not going to be okay, and will be my breaking point.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    ShadowaceAzPutchucomikeg149theldssdl
    (Used the agree button because I feel strongly the same way about the U.C. portion)

It’s been Amazing not having to spend every free hour playing (I will admit to replaying some of them over and over and maybe once more just to get that OCD 3 ✰) however I could afford to because I new not every second counted and petrol would last!

Due to the event I also spent a lot more time then normal in scavenger missions (which I agree showed me mostly lower level items but the crafting gave me a much higher than average result) trying to find fragments to go with all my low level components. I didn’t get enough to clean my room, but I did get slightly more than normal.
    Concordia

• PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I'm really missing UC. I'm on track hopefully to finish 30.4 this week, but it might mean spending more gold on gas than I'd like. And I won't have a shot at level 31, only because I'm out of time and don't want to spend too much more gold (as an FTP player).
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    MattOfEarthabve
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    @pig, 10,000% agree. I won’t play anymore without any UC teased structure.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    Pig
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 567
    edited February 2018
    Well, I had very odd results from this weekend but overall it worked out very well.

Highlights: Finally got my first (two!) Legendary badges after a number of attempts that all resulted in Epic badges. Even better, both were damage boosting - zoiks!!!! Also had some extraordinary results getting an Epic from all common (1*) parts, and an Epic from all 2* parts. After starting the weekend off on Friday with 2 'fails' crafting all 3* components into 2* badges I was very happy in the end.

The downside of the above is that I still have no faith that crafting is worthwhile outside of such weekends again.

Other feedback: Possibly just RNG, but I saw virtually no change in component drops on Friday, then Saturday I started seeing both better drops and better crafting results - so I got a gas booster and achieved very decent results most of the day. Sunday I still had half a boost left but didn't get anywhere near as many drops. So from 3 days, one of them seemed genuinely like the event in terms of drops and the others felt kinda normal.

Anyways, after reporting mostly negative feedback on Friday - that excellent Saturday gave me really good returns. Getting a total of 2 legendaries (1 I already had components for, the other was Epic/Leg mixed), 5 Epics and about 7 Greens (I had a couple of badge frags already) is very decent - and while not "Radio day", certainly rated 2nd best event overall.
    MattOfEarthKazKaLi
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    edited February 2018
    I have combined the following results so we have a little bit of a significant number of crafting attempts:
    - @Djinn
    - @Pain_Walker
    - @thisdoesfine
    - my own

Total of 473 crafting runs.
    I hope this helps a little bit.
    And we can now compare these to numbers of 'normal drop rates' we are about to get with v2.10.

Thx all for the input!

If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    General_PainKaLiTJSabve
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Pig said:

I'm really missing UC. I'm on track hopefully to finish 30.4 this week, but it might mean spending more gold on gas than I'd like. And I won't have a shot at level 31, only because I'm out of time and don't want to spend too much more gold (as an FTP player).

Bah. I spoke too soon. The extra googlies on Big Boss Man 30.4 got me. Always sucks to get stuck one mission away from passing a round. But had it been UC, I'd have time to try it again a few times if necessary!
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    I'm not sure if we should call it an event.
    My outcome was close to nothing.
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    @Putchuco keep in mind the chances were higher this weekend so when the numbers come out tomorrow, they will be lower
    abve
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited February 2018
    @Kaz

Amazing event and I hope you guys bring it back again soon!

Many would prefer this over the jackpot event so please request NG to try and add this the the recurring roster of events :D

I'm sure you guys will sell many more of that 5k gold component deal!

Thank You and hope everyone the best
    anthony172PutchucoWeekOneTJS
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Here's my rant on the normal challenge

I was not even able to complete the challenge
    I finished 28.3 this morning just a few minutes before the challenge ended'
    I can normally finish level 29 also, but not this week

Reason:
    Too much wasted gas on early maps and still too much boring grinding of early maps

If your gas tank fills up, that means you are wasting gas because you are not generating any more gas

Never once was my gas tank allowed to fill up completely while I was awake
    Yes, the tank fills up while I am sleeping, but I can't play when I am sleeping

So, I used every bit of gas from the camp, plus gas from crates, plus gas from watching ads, plus buying all the gas in the trade shop
    And still I ran out of time this morning

And, I have not been able to do the distance on Saturdays because I need every bit of gas to do the challenge.

The challenge should be over by Friday night as far as I am concerned
    Then I could do the distance on Saturday and take a breather on Sunday or do salvage missions or raid outpost.

After 2+ years playing this game, I am pretty much ready to just put it down because of the current challenge making the game no fun
    ZetteMurdoque
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289

@Putchuco keep in mind the chances were higher this weekend so when the numbers come out tomorrow, they will be lower

That’s what I meant by ‘comparing’ ;)
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    TJSabve
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 180
    Pretty much a worthless non-event imo, all epic and crafted a rare badge. Just like if there wasn't an event.
    abve
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 250
    edited February 2018
    According to my personal experience during the event:
    1.Crafting results were significantly improved. Not only in terms of low level components, but also high level crafting. Few rare, epic and legendary components i had, yielt same rarity of badges with the components used as average.
    2.Challenge crates seemed the same for me, maybe only common components dropped more.
    3.Scavenge crates gave better results in terms of all rarity components.
    Kaz
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 987
    Good day @Kaz in my personal opinion:

I feel the event had some strong points and some areas that could be improved upon in the future.

I loved the idea of being able to craft lower rarity badges and possiblly get a nice epic badge to add to your collection. I was able to craft 4-5 out of the low level stuff, so thank you for that opportunity! I will most definitely be saving up all my low level stuff from now on for the return of this event.

Improved results from scavenge and other missions: I can tell you in the 3 days the event ran I did probably close to 300 missions and didn’t get a single legendary fragment, I did see some legendary components and epics as well. I’m well aware you guys have to be careful with the drop rate percentage as it could lead to breaking balance to the currency of the game. I would like to suggest a possible solution to this in future events. Do you think it is possible to incorporate milestone for the day to unlock a legendary fragment? This would allow players to play for goal once per day to unlock a coveted legendary fragment for crafting! This would allow more players to take part in this special event and perhaps actually obtain some wonderful badges without game breaking mechanics.

I didn’t notice much change in the higher rarity crafting and perhaps just a bit of improvement in that area and I’m very confident the next badge event would be LEGENDARY! Lol pun intended
    David_H79sbfPutchucoKaz
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    edited March 2018
    Bumping this thread bc of this quote:
    Kaz said:

JayZ said:

Soooo @Kaz any chance of a badge swapping event soon? :)

soon...
    @Kaz Pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease make it happen :)
    Cronus