Outpost 2.0 wishlist!

Salutations! This is my debut post, so I wish to start congratulating the ng crew, it is a very nice job of you! (:

I've looked around the forum and grabbed some ideas about the outpost system, and my effort is to join them here, with some new ideas too. The current outpost system feels so underestimated! Seems like a whole aspect of the game sits waiting its potential to flourish (:
  • Custom Outpost Building
If we could set the walls as we wish, instead of just the walkers, the outpost and the raid missions would be much more interesting. A whole new level of tactics. The actual 3 column template thing is a very small sandbox :( I wish we have a sort of mission-map builder :wink:
  • Better Outpost Protection
Fatties and Bulletproof are not enough! We need spiky zombies, some way of chaining walkers to limit their movement (thus building tricky ambushes!). Grenade bitters! Even Shiva! :smiley:
Also burying then as a trap. Setting traps like the red-boxes would be nice too (:
Some of these stuff (like the spiked zombie) could be somehow crafted in the Crafting building. A much better way to scrap that butter knife you got in the last run :lol:
  • Normal / Hard / Nightmare Raids
You can then try your lucky raiding outposts far more reputable then yours, spending more gas and gaining better rewards, grinding less but with higher risk (: Choosing from some sort of list which outpost to attack could be nice too. Deliberately attacking someone who raided my outpost is my particular dream!! :lol:
  • New Gameplay
Charge up, get flag, kill, get crate... Why? Kill em'all!! :smiley:
Something like season 8A first mission, made by each player. Maybe with more defenders then just 3, with new people showing up when the first ones die, just like this mission I mentioned. Meanwhile, the player built walker defense goes bitting, and the herd should be unleashed asap (instead of when you open the door, as it happens now), as a logical defensive behaviour.
  • Better Rewards
Those who defend their outpost could be granted some random component or equipment by doing so. Makes sense, right? A gift from the invaders (:
Finally, the better defended outposts could show up in some special challenge or in the distance! (:
CBgaming1969David_H79Troublemaker

Comments

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited February 2018
    I all ready suggested to the help desk and they said they past it along that we should be able to capture and train all the new walkers. Grenade, Big Boss Man, Spikey, Flamey, etc...
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Of course it's main purpose is trade goods farming and combat tactics against raiders.

So it's fine as is, but all your suggestions would be awesome.

I would also like to see bad weather maps and possibly the new dark of night maps if they are cool next week
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,461
    Lots of nice ideas.

Outposts are a very interesting part of the game that has been completely neglected for a long time. I honestly don't think it will ever get a revamp. Which is sad because lots of players (myself included) like it and it brings many fun, challenging and entertaining possibilities.
    PigChiefkeoJackBauerekimhclew
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    The craziest thing about Outpost for me is that until the highest level (and maybe then?) it makes no sense to upgrade the walker number / level because it just gives your opponent the opportunity to charge their attacks.

Aside from that, rewards are so far away from being worthwhile that I only ever bother when I've got nothing else to do and bored of scavenge runs.
    CBgaming1969