Free Kingdom Spear

So what do you guys think?

It's a really cool event I gotta say. It's not any commonly used hero unfortunately buy still very nice.

I would go for it if it was doubled tokens 15 call. I would have to spend too many radios to get her to legendary from epic by using them 40s.

Hopefully we'll see more events like this one.
KazI_Am_PsychoTroublemakerAndreaDBonesGeneral_PainCBgaming1969JenngMattOfEarthpradiTripodpaintbeastantAlexFiliUKzeekdogekimhclewromeo

Comments

• warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    is it just me that didnt found the weekend event? :D
    Folivesiromeo
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    Cue the complaints from people expecting both Legendary armor *and* fragments when they only get one or the other for promoting her to Elite.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    JenngJeemPedekimhclew
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,484
    Oooo... I think I only have 500 radios saved up...

Hmmmm....

Interesting :-)
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • theldssdltheldssdl Member Posts: 114
    Can you quickly clarify something @Kaz ? Do players who already have Carol promoted to legendary get the spear as well? Or does she have to be promoted during this event?
    anthony172Zettecrambert_necGuapo
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    @Kaz, question.....What if you already have Carol at legendary? Do you still get the Kingdom Spear at the end of the week? I would imagine so, but the wording of the announcement is not clear. I'll never get her to a pink star in a week, but she's been at legendary for several weeks now.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Ops! Clarifying time:

If your Carol was legendary before the 22th of February, then you will only get the rewards if you upgrade her to the next rarity (elite pink star).
    If your Carol is already elite pink star, then you have to upgrade her to elite 2 pink stars.

The higher the rarity the better the rewards you get! Legendary starts with a Free Legendary Kingdom Spear, Pink Star gives you Kingdom Armor + legendary components and so on. : D
    JenngAndreaAlexFiliUKGomose_WOmbra_rossa68afroponix
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,080
    @Kaz why use one of the most worthless characters? Carols lead trait is just useless once body shots start to begin and even before that I have characters that have way more useful traits than hers. To boot she has bullet dodge, so basically if she is pink star she carries no value to a team at a higher level with only 3 traits.

Why wouldn't NG consider a useful hero such as Michonne? Abe? Sasha? Characters people would def open up their wallets and spend? If you ran a Michonne I would def be willing to buy bundles and go for the pink star. Carol on other hand only reason to even attempt is to get kingdom spear :(
    PutchucoKillersZromeo
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 319
    over 1300 tokens to turn her pink from legendary for me. meh week...
  • TheRedViperTheRedViper Member Posts: 5
    I have a question. May be a dumb one, but it still was not clarified well on the announcement...

Will the health and power boost to Carol be permanent? Or it is just for the event?
    MattOfEarthEl_Sarge
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited February 2018
    WAIT.

It says in game news if I promote Carol from 22nd February. That's when the Hero Feast Call began, therefore I have promoted her in the time frame mentioned.

Does that mean I and anyone else who promoted Carol since Hero Fest Call began till end date will receive the Kingdom Spear? @Kaz
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Jenng
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited February 2018
    DBones said:

Wow, that's about as lame as it gets. You do realize this can/will cause people to purposely NOT promote heroes anymore, waiting for one of these events? People like me, @TJS, @theldssdl, and countless others get the shaft because we recently promoted her? @Kaz, can you have a talk with the powers that be about changing this policy to including people like us who already have her at legendary? I mean, there can't be that many of us in the entire player base. This seems totally unfair.

We only plan to run this event again if things go well. If you liked the general idea, but maybe have other suggestions on how should be the rules, feel free to share it and we'll check on how can we improve events like this. : D

I have a question. May be a dumb one, but it still was not clarified well on the announcement...

Will the health and power boost to Carol be permanent? Or it is just for the event?

Only for the event, RedViper!
    TJS said:

WAIT.

It says in game news if I promote Carol from 22nd February. That's when the Hero Feast Call began, therefore I have promoted her in the time frame mentioned.

Does that mean I and anyone else who promoted Carol since Hero Fest Call began till end date will receive the Kingdom Spear? @Kaz

Yes, the "real" event starts next Monday. But we have decided to take into account tokens used yesterday because of the Hero-Fest with an increased chance of Carol Tokens.
    TheRedViperTJSCBgaming1969Jenng
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    I absolutely LOVE the idea. Just hate the implementation. Check out @docfinzenburg 's suggestion above. If she's already at legendary, what about getting the rewards for upgrading a trait or two? That seems fair. It is WAYY more difficult to get her to pink from legendary than it is to get her from epic to legendary.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    KazPutchucoSTODSYbanzai
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Kaz said:

Ops! Clarifying time:

If your Carol was legendary before the 22th of February, then you will only get the rewards if you upgrade her to the next rarity (elite pink star).
    If your Carol is already elite pink star, then you have to upgrade her to elite 2 pink stars.

The higher the rarity the better the rewards you get! Legendary starts with a Free Legendary Kingdom Spear, Pink Star gives you Kingdom Armor + legendary components and so on. : D

Kaz, I think I am good to go on the Carol prize?
    I want to check with you here first.

I did 13 x 40 calls yesterday and got a bunch of Carol tokens
    My carol went 5 star Thursday morning at 9:30 am EST
    (I have a screen shot of our guild line chat where I posted that)

It looks like the start time is Thursday at 13:00 UTC which is 8am EST

So it looks like I am good because she went 5 star 1.5 hours after the start time
    Does that sound right?

Line chat room screen shot from Thursday morning EST

Kaz
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    The only reason Carol is any use for me is because I still haven't got a scout worth using my hoarded scout tokens to double pinked yet.

As @Drunken says above, her leader trait is useless in later stages of Challenge. I can 3☆ with Governer until +4.

Only time she'll be really useful is daily quests where she has to be used.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @EL34xyz
    If it was after the hero fest call began then yes you will receive it.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    EL34xyz
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,203
    edited February 2018
    Unfortunately and despite my love the character, Carol will remain useless for high RSL Challenge play because of the bodyshot mechanic that makes her Hero trait 0% after 5 lvl difference.

She can be beastly when raiding Outposts though, but unfortunately that part of the game got sidelined for lifetime.

See? two things that need fixing or better thought.

Event is great though and can't wait for it to happen with other Heroes too. No, not Eugene week, please.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    Kaztheldssdlanthony172R2runfast
    edited February 2018
    As for the Carol leader trait thing being mentioned above, I don't use scouts for their leader traits anyway

I stick Jesus in as the leader and take 1 or 2 scouts to use for Threat reduction

Threat reduction is the only reason I use scouts and that is very valuable late in the challenge on some maps

Once I get some decent badges pinned on her, I think she will be a great Scout

Maggiesmuffins
  • flyingcowkingflyingcowking Member Posts: 387
    Thanks for the info @Kaz. I was being a knob again.
    Flatulent person
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,080
    edited February 2018
    Kaz said:

I promoted Carol to legendary yesterday... feels a bit sh*t on.

We are taking Yesterday into account due to the Hero-Fest with increased Carol Token chances, so if you have upgraded it yesterday, don't worry, you got it. Remember that the item will be only delivered on the 7th of March.
    Drunken said:

@Kaz why use one of the most worthless characters? Carols lead trait is just useless once body shots start to begin and even before that I have characters that have way more useful traits than hers. To boot she has bullet dodge, so basically if she is pink star she carries no value to a team at a higher level with only 3 traits.

Why wouldn't NG consider a useful hero such as Michonne? Abe? Sasha? Characters people would def open up their wallets and spend? If you ran a Michonne I would def be willing to buy bundles and go for the pink star. Carol on the other hand only reason to even attempt is to get kingdom spear :(

Carol is badass! But also one of the goals of the event is to promote heroes that are not so used, and that's why we buffed her stats a lot, so she can be useful and I don't know, maybe some player falls in love with her as Daryl secretly is.

BUT ALSO, there'll be a lot of free tokens going around next week (In the Distance, Trade Goods and Daily Quests) so there's a great chance to make your Carol Legendary or Pink Star if you play a lot! :)
    Really? She might be badass in the show, but in the game her traits simply aren't. I think this is an awesome event and really cool idea just not hip on the Hero chosen. I have literally never used her.

But the 15 call are the tokens doubled like during Hero Week? But as far as boost on stats that's only for that week... So you want me to buy big radio bundles and go to pink her for 1 week of increased damage? Also does that mean you are running scout week again next week? If not then why wouldn't I be running my double pinks that are the featured class? Was this fully thought out or thrown together? Lots of questions on the event in total.
    edited February 2018
    Big improvement in Carol just now
    I gave here the level 26 gear that Glenn had and she zoomed ahead of Glenn
    Glen had level 26 gear and Carol had level 25 gear, so I just swapped gear out
    She's quite useful now

Before screen shot can be seen a few post up
    Here's the after screen shot