No class event boost this week?

MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
Usually when we select a scavenge mission it will show what class boost we will have for the week.. this week it doesn’t show one!

Are we having one, or are you considering the Carol boost as the event? :neutral: @Kaz
⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
BttlOpenerFahqbendoverKillersZJackBauerSPC_TORRESbigbeanoNidintuBelSlickRick

Comments

• suzequeuesuzequeue Member Posts: 153
    Maybe Scout week? But we just had that 2 weeks ago.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,457
    I honestly believe this is a much better thing for the game. It adds strategy and dynamics while pushing revenue for NG too. I also think it's more fun and values players that always tried to keep a balanced roster.

I've suggested previously that "class damage bonus" unbalances the game, biasing every challenge towards certain classes. This is bad because NML isn't a balanced game - we all know ranged has a big edge over melee on most of the maps and situations.

My previous suggestion was that the "class damage bonus" was changed to faster class & gear upgrades, faster healing, reduced costs etc for the specific class. Raw power has to be even among all classes for strategies to develop and players to put their full rosters and creativity to good use.

To my surprise, by making "Hero weeks", we might have an even better solution. So far I say awesome move, NG.

(just tagging you here @kaz to make sure this gets read by staff - tks and sorry to bother)
    bladgierCBgaming1969KyrusI_Am_PsychobigbeanoyoungbesyzCaptainslayerADPaql2wannabe
    @dlb @Mystique the only one who can make a serious conclusion about this is NG. We would need to live under this for 4-8 weeks to see if this is indeed better.

So far I say it is, but I'm not sitting on it.

Can only say it's a very good new event idea. Feels like fresh dynamics have been subtly added.
    Captainslayer
  • mobbiemobbie Member Posts: 154
    I like use abe hunter and another assault most maps if not all are made for them types giving %50 to shooter scouts and so on in open areas is bloody useless.
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 299
    So why do we have to eliminate something to try something new?
    MystiquebigbeanoCaptainslayerJaden
  • PandreqPandreq Member Posts: 244
    I’m more likely to try different (melee) classes when they have warrior or scout week. Now i’m just going to be stuck to my usual combo. Abe/Sasha/Merle as leader, with hunter and either assault or shooter. I can’t use carol as she very underpowered, and I’m FTP so won’t be paying to try and get her to 5-star.

So I’m not a fan of this, but appreciate that NG are trying to keep things fresh
    Mystiquebigbeano
    @Mystique those are the kinda of measurements only NG will be able to do. Not trying to go for or against anything, and I don't know if you are an end gamer or not (sorry for that), but I remember saving radios for Maggie thinking she would be awesome for a longtime... Now it's only Sasha, Michonne, Jesus and Abraham while most of the others are just gums for walkers to chew.

That's what I'm trying to put up here... it's a good idea. For now that's just it. A good idea.
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    I imagine if they don't put a bonus on this week it is because new Dark of Night and want a realistic star count for both them and us.

On a personal note, I generally always use my main team regardless of bonus...

So anybody that wants more of a challenge or dislikes bonus week...don't use them...get some lvl 1 toons from free radio call and have a blast,)~
    Mystiquedlbbigbeano
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    Yes I am an end gamer @Troublemaker and would be super ticked if this replaces the normal boost!
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    bigbeanoJadenl2wannabe
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    I'm with ya'll on Maggie, training gear made her less valuable, at least at lower stars
    anthony172
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited February 2018

We would need to live under this for 4-8 weeks to see if this is indeed better.

I don't think we can know if it's better or worse after just 7 hours; before any serious gameplay s done. There's no basis on which to judge if it's better or not. Nobody could justifiably say, "so far it is", or "so far it isn't".
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,692
    Yall think of it this way less grind lol

We would need to live under this for 4-8 weeks to see if this is indeed better.

I don't think we can know if it's better or worse after just 7 hours; before any serious gameplay s done. There's no basis on which to judge if it's better or not. Nobody could justifiably say, "so far it is", or "so far it isn't".
    You noticed I just said the exact same thing as you right? hahah
    @Troublemaker
    We didn't say the same thing. You've said you believe it is good thing "so far". I pointed out that if there is to be no class bonus this week, so far, there is no way to compare the two in the main aspects of gameplay.

You get what I am saying now? Haha

@Troublemaker
    We didn't say the same thing. You've said you believe it is good thing "so far". I pointed out that if there is to be no class bonus this week, so far, there is no way to compare the two in the main aspects of gameplay.

You get what I am saying now? Haha

It's the same thing to me because when I mentioned "so far", there's a chance that things can change "from now on".

Good vibes! :-)

Mystique said:

@Kaz could you please confirm either way if we will have a class bonus this week? I plan my gear upgrades and new badges accordingly!

@Kaz @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet
    We still don't know if this is a result of not working as intended or if it is an intentional change by NG. I just reread the update notes and it is not mentioned there.

Any chance staff can confirm regarding this please?

Mystique
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 681
    edited February 2018
    We dont have a class bonus, but Carol damage and health significantly boosted :smiley:
    Troublemakerbigbeano
    We don't have an announcement that there is no class bonus. Just an omission of detail around the fact it is not there.

Unless people have secret sources of information, any assumption is pure speculation.

Mystique
  • RbredtRbredt Member Posts: 70

We dont have a class bonus, but Carol damage and health significantly boosted :smiley:

Considering we don’t have free badge unequip to put good ones on her, that boost is kinda wasted.
    I_Am_Psychoanthony172
    @bladgier I think the game has become hostage of the damage bonus.

Wouldn't a different kind of class bonus be healthier for the game? Faster upgrades for char and gear, faster healing, cheaper costs, increased chance of specific class for calls and gear etc?

I think so.
    CaptainslayerI_Am_PsychoDodkong
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    Or they could do a special @Movado class bonus where we all have kick ass survivors and dominate the entire zombie universe like it's our playground :p

On a serious note your idea is awesome...would be cool to have them mix it up a bit!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    MovadoMadPuppy
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    What's happening @SlickRick ? Glad to see you on here.
    SlickRick
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289

Why not have a stacking bonus? +30% for class of the week, and a further +30% for a specific hero in that class?

Love that idea!

Like others here said too, we could add or mix it up with other boosts, not just sheer damage increase.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    SlickRick