THE DISTANCE - REWARDS - HARD & NORMAL MODES

Comments

• CronusCronus Member Posts: 958
    dlb said:

Guild mate said hard mode is significantly more difficult now. Any confirmation?

Last update which included going from survivor lvl 24 to 25 had an adjustment to The Distance difficulty starting at map #16 and after. Maps 1-15 had no buff. I did not see anything on the forum stating this was being done again with move to level 26 however it would not shock me if this was done. Has anyone reached map 16 and compared walker strength to last time map 5 was run?
    SPC_TORRES
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 473
    @Cronus, I've completed 17 missions and noticed no difference in walkers' strength.
    Goatlips
  • GoatlipsGoatlips Member Posts: 62
    edited April 8
    > @Cronus said:
    > @dlb said:
    > Guild mate said hard mode is significantly more difficult now. Any confirmation?
    >
    > Last update which included going from survivor lvl 24 to 25 had an adjustment to The Distance difficulty starting at map #16 and after. Maps 1-15 had no buff. I did not see anything on the forum stating this was being done again with move to level 26 however it would not shock me if this was done. Has anyone reached map 16 and compared walker strength to last time map 5 was run?

Maggie did take an extra twitch move which resulted in fatty grabbing her next to the exit and her dying on #13 Quarry Basin, but I only suffered deaths on #15 last time I tried Hard, about a month ago, and I struggled on to complete #18 then.
    On #13 today the normal walkers were already L28 or 29, so bulletproof vs my L24 dudes. Maybe harder, or maybe just the map, or maybe because I've just levelled up my dudes without levelling up their kit. #18 last time was just due to the map and luck, completing #16 or 17 is what I hope for.
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,981
    Many thanks, @Jankel and @Goatlips !
    JankelSPC_TORRESGoatlips
    edited April 8
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > Distance 5

@Cronus / @dlb

The difficulty/walker levels are the same as @JimiFaith's Distance 5 guide page: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/36490/distance-5

#16 The Pit has L33 walkers.
    That's the furthest mission I could complete - I fortuitously got Dwight wedged between 2 teammates either side along the walkway at the bottom of the screen and he managed to kill a few as they were wrestling with walkers.
    After he was killed too I went back in and killed the rest of the prerequisite 10. Merle got grabbed as Shooter 'Amanda' & Daryl cowardly ran past him and through the exit. The hilarious bit was other walkers ran past Merle too and chased after my 2 cowards, and were having a battle with them off-screen as Merle slowly got eaten! :lol:

Pic:
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,781
    Last mission in the distance still has lvl 41 walkers, just like in @JimiFaith his distance 5 walkthrough.
    DrUnpleasant
  • MeskaMeska Member Posts: 3
    Looking for teammate to join our guild "Walk till death"
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 502

Last mission in the distance still has lvl 41 walkers, just like in @JimiFaith his distance 5 walkthrough.

Fine then. Lv41 in the last mission and lv40 in the previous one is the same as before.

Normally they ramp up the Distance difficulty after a couple of months when most people have completed a decent number of level upgrades iirc.
    Something in the back of my mind is telling me that #6 set isn't too bad - which would be welcome after the nasty lv41 spikey boys in the last one. The penultimate stage with the lv39 fatties is no trouble by comparison.
  • JankelJankel Member Posts: 92
    Hard Distance

romeo
    Thank you, @msapaev !
    msapaevGoatlipsromeo
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 529
    And why is it Warrior gears again?
    Didn’t we had that 2 weeks ago guys?
  • aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    Where are the Hilltop Maggie tokens?
    edited April 22
    So @Vane, where is new Maggie? :) Were the rewards correctly set up?
  • VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 159
    edited April 22
    msapaev said:

So @Vane, where is new Maggie? :) Were the rewards correctly set up?

@msapaev Yeah, there appears to be a slight change to the schedule. This week Hilltop Maggie tokens will first appear in the Challenge, and will continue next week in the Distance.

It will, however, also appear in Daily Quests (with some chance) starting from tomorrow.
    msapaevShadowWalkerGoatlips
    Thank you @msapaev !
    SPC_TORRESmsapaevGoatlips
    Thanks again, @msapaev dude.
    Back to Normal I think for me, because I'm not guaranteed to win Hard #17's 50 Abraham tokens, but I am guaranteed to get 50 Abraham & 60 Rosita tokens on Normal, and I do like Assault tokens. :p
    SPC_TORRESmsapaev
  • MacVMacV Member Posts: 124
    @Vane Why are there no components and fragments in Normal mode? I think this is the 3rd week I've noticed that. We have newer players who cannot play hard mode yet. This is a big take away for those players. Need to put them back, please.
    MacV (Guts and Glory)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Tolstoy
    @MacV , as I remember, they have never been in the rewards of the normal distance.
    MystiqueRWSSPC_TORRES
  • MacVMacV Member Posts: 124
    @msapaev LOL, you are not the first person to tell me that in the last few minutes. Guess I'm having a brain fart this morning. Thanks for responding.
    @Vane ...Nevermind. Sorry
    MacV (Guts and Glory)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Tolstoy
    romeomsapaev
  • GrinchGrinch Member Posts: 140
    @Vane all warriors gear? Epic and legendary, that’s new... working as intended?
    romeo
    edited April 23
    > @msapaev said:
    > Distance #1
    >
    > Mission 4: an epic warrior's weapon
    > Mission 5: 50 warrior's tokens
    > Mission 6: an epic warrior's armor
    > Mission 7: 50 Daryls tokens
    > Mission 8: 20 Aaron's tokens
    > Mission 9: 60 Merle's tokens
    > Mission 13: 100 hunter's tokens
    > Mission 14: a legendary warrior's armor
    > Mission 15: 70 Carol's tokens
    > Mission 16: a legendary warrior's weapon
    > Mission 17: 50 Abraham's tokens and 20 Aaron's tokens
    > Mission 21: 100 Rosita's tokens and 40 Aaron's tokens
    >
    > And also 2*, 3*, and 4* badge fragments and components and a 5* component
    >
    > 10 GW-gas in Missions 8 and 13 have not been removed yet...

https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/distance-1/
    ...'FLEE'...LOL, no one told me I was meant to utilise that FLEE button! I've been fighting to the death all this time when I could've been feeding Eugene to them? 'Johnny Expendable' takes an injury from fleeing, is an 'injury' into the red and unrepairable by Tara as leader next attempt? Fleeing kills the expendable member if they're already red/injured? I knew those melee characters must have some purpose! 😂
    I'll give it a go next time on Hard 👍😅.

P.S. Thanks for your efforts @msapaev - to save you the effort of punctuation, they're officially e.g. Morgan tokens, not Morgan's tokens.
    Pic:
    msapaev
    edited May 1
    RE: Professor Earthtones' (are they on the forum?) guide

...Well, I finally have learnt to use Sasha as leader to charge everyone up, not to fight with my face but FLEE, but I can only complete 17 or 18 missions on Distance (Hard) map 2 (L24 survivors).
    I have realised I don't have enough spare sacrificial 'Johnny Expendables' - only 1 of each class of non-hero (I thought I only should have 1 each as you don't get enough tokens to upgrade more). Also, Sasha's 'Good Out Of Bad' trait is currently too low, at 29%/L4, to get enough charges from bodyshots.
    Finally, although I have 'great' badges, averaging epic, you definitely need 3x Damage and 3x Critical Damage on them.
    My attack is otherwise okay, with Incendiary/Charging/Ruthless/Lethal/Destructive, etc, but I think Wrestler might help by letting Johnny Expendable struggle longer, whilst the real 2 survivors attack or move (?). Dodge looks quite handy on the guide videos too.

Just thought a new post on tactics might be of interest, seeing as I've been checking this thread for months, but I've only just discovered WTF I was meant to be doing! :blush: :wink: 👍
    edited May 1
    On the strategy vids, I tend to use @crambert_nec as his are a little more up to date (post Wrestler Nerf I think) and provide a bit more strategic guidance. However, virtually all of them assume that you're going to have Sasha up until the end, and a large supply of sacrificial lambs.

Up until 2 months ago I'd never finished Hard distance, but eventually got there and now complete it regularly. It really does require a good set of max level (or lv25 is fine until they increase difficulty again) and well geared/badged toons. There are some maps that simply aren't there to be beaten with good tactics alone. I think forumites tend to be higher end and long-playing so perhaps forget that people relatively new to the 'endgame' just wont have the same resources at their disposal.

Some weeks are certainly easier than others and I still have trouble with lv40/41 spikey dudes when respawns are around.
    Goatlips