THE DISTANCE - REWARDS - HARD & NORMAL MODES

Comments

• AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 199
    Normal distance this week gives legendary assault weapon.
    ATLAS-Zmagic
  • Walkerslayer82Walkerslayer82 Member Posts: 70
    edited October 2019
    Normal is legendary shooter armor
    AchillesVmagic
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 299
    Woo hoo Morgan is the final reward.
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 299
    And since 5 follows 4, well, you get it.
    Normal mode gives legendary warrior armor
    magic
    Normal mode gives legendary Hunter weapon this week.
    magic
    Normal mode this week has legendary scout weapon.
    magic
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 192
    edited November 2019
    When they went back to 2 charging points for shooters it really fucked up my distance (I think I've already been to lvl19 or lvl20) because all of a sudden they weren't charged anymore and only had 1 charging point. Really uncool. :neutral:
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,357
    @Johnbert

I’m not an elite player, I was able to finish hard for first time ever reset and was able to complete 20/21 of course I’m upset but they don’t really care, so for me I just will become a F2P and eventually I won’t be able to compete to where I want to be and will just quit all together again. Happened last year then updates dragged me back, but it’s sad, something so small and something that could have been let ride till this morning.

I spent nearly 700 on game since October 12th, would have continued to spend when survivors I wanted were there, but the way the world goes. Then again as they told me last year I’m just a drop in the bucket and I don’t matter in terms of sales :)
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 192
    edited December 2019
    Sooner or later they have to change hard mode distance. With the next update we'll be at lvl27 and will get even stronger survivors. For us maxed player distance isn't a challenge anymore with decent gear and badges. At the same time, if you make it harder it'll get more frustrating for players who aren't at least lvl24/lvl25. We'll see.
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 195
    They should make a "very hard mode"
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
    JohnbertATLAS-Z
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,598
    Nightmare

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    Instead of adding a harder mode they could also add missions to each mode so everyone can get a little bit more reward from each Distance run.
    magicSuperhero
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 353
    > @mimica said:
    > I was going to open a thread about the Distance this week but @bladgier you beat me to it, so I'll share my thoughts here.
    > Last 12th Sept The Distance celebrated the 2nd anniversary and few changes were made in this 2 years, reason of why I consider that a revamp of this Game Mode should be made, here are some things I was thinking
    >
    >
    > -New maps
    > Currently we have only 21 maps, with those 21 maps NG made 6 sets, we urgently need new maps to make new sets from them, I consider NG has half of the work done because the game has maps in history/season missions that can be recycled and with some tweaks can be new maps for the Distance
    >
    > -New difficultly mode (Nightmare)
    > During 2 years the max difficulty have been lv41, for end gamer players and those close to it that difficulty is reacheble with more or less problems, I don't think that Normal/Hard difficulty should be increased because that could be a punishment for those players that are on their way to reach the max level, so a new Mode is needed with new difficulty and better rewards, not only have to be an increase of difficulty (let say from lv41 to lv45), can be the addition of Metalheads, maps that have an initial spawn of let say 8 normal walkers, turn 2 of them on armored walkers in this new mode, I don't know, things like that will make this Mode a really nightmare to play for some of us.
    >
    > -New featured hero (for new difficulty mode only)
    > Aaron is my favorite and more used shooter but have been 2 years getting his Tokens, my question is he will be the featured hero of The Distance until the day this shut down? Would be cool have a new fresh hero and pass Aaron to be more often on the 2x calls rotation and he will still be available on Normal/Hard modes
    >
    > As last an recommendation, on the selection mode screen each mode should've a info dot with the list of rewards for each mission, it's Ok that the community try to help each other posting every week which are the rewards but that information should be on game, many players aren't on the forum or are in chat that help with this info.
    >
    > @Fluxxx hope you read this msg and can discuss with the team if some changes can be made, I know the priority is Guild Wars but you have other modes that need to be look at.
    >

I that suggestion some months back on this thread https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41146/new-distance-difficulty-brutal
    @Fluxxx said it was going to be discussed but no idea if that ever happened or in what that ended, maybe we can get a surprise on the update notes but if isn't, something has to be in future updates.
    imacharlie
  • tustus Member Posts: 64
    Hi magic, wondering if you have any intention of making a newer video on hard distance ...
    Regards
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,598
    > @tus said:
    > Hi magic, wondering if you have any intention of making a newer video on hard distance ...
    > Regards

Not sure why this is needed? The people who need the videos most are at the levels of the guys in the old videos.

All the folks who made them are now so high level and maxed out, with gear and badges, you would just be watching them murder through?

Unless that's what you're after...?

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 195
    tus said:

Hi magic, wondering if you have any intention of making a newer video on hard distance ...

Regards

I haven't made any videos on hard distance myself, because I think there is a lot of good videoes already. I have just picked one I think was pretty good. I don't know if there has been changes to the hard distance strategy that would justify a new video, were you thinking about something in particular?
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,225
    edited December 2019
    So Distance play. It’s getting to easy now. They need to touch it up some. Second play lost only two.

anniesprinklesTCBRITODrhoo
  • Walkerslayer82Walkerslayer82 Member Posts: 70
    Normal is legendary shooter weapon
    magicAchillesV
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 267
    edited December 2019
    avelardez said:

So Distance play. It’s getting to easy now. They need to touch it up some. Second play lost only two.

It might be easy for players like you @avelardez with 4 pink star hero's & 5 pink star survivors but for players like myself with only 2 & 3 star survivors it's still very difficult.

"A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

ShadowWalkerSuperhero
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 496
    @anniesprinkles I don't have a single 2 star hero, I have beaten all the Distances and I have gotten close to beaten most of them with no losses. I would suggest you look at the Distance guides posted here and become more familiar with the strategies to beat the levels. Some high levels can be completed with just low level survivors depending on the mission objective.
    anniesprinklessuzequeueignasTCBRITOSuperheroDrhoo