2.10 Balance changes discussion thread

Comments

• BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 955
    David_H79 said:

> @TJS said:

> LMAO!

>

> The bonus Kingdom Spear doesn't sound so great now. It's going to be lvl23

24 for player with council level 22

If I am not mistaken, equipment level goes to your toons level, so upgrade council -> upgrade training grounds -> upgrade a toon to level 24.
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    @BttlOpener see @MadPuppy post above.
    The free spear is other than the weapons before
    BttlOpener
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 955
    David_H79 said:

@BttlOpener see @MadPuppy post above.

The free spear is other than the weapons before

Just saw the post, thanks..
    David_H79
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,212
    Should have known that the "free" Kingdom Spear was going to be nerfed almost as soon as you received it. Too good to be true. With so many game mechanics issues I have it hard to understand why time is spent on launching a council update.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited February 2018
    Thanks @David and @MadPuppy , I totally missed that.

That's cool. B)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    David_H79
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    @Cronus

Quite the opposite, they've put in extra care to take people at council level 22 into account and NOT let the spear become obsolete too quickly.

In conjunction with the ongoing Carol's Week upgrade event, all Council 22 players who earn a free Kingdom Spear through this event will receive that spear at level 24.
    Bill_ZRTCBgaming1969
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 192
    The council upgrade is simply hilarious. Maybe I'm not a hardcore player but I'm getting around 1.4k stars a challenge. Most of my gear is still lvl22 because it's so freaking expensive to upgrade. And now they're bringing out another council upgrade, which means even my few lvl23 gear will be obsolete soon too. Congrats. Not even talking about the grind for 50 million tomatoes just to upgrade 2 buildings, lol.
    Techfall
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,212
    MadPuppy said:

@Cronus

Quite the opposite, they've put in extra care to take people at council level 22 into account and NOT let the spear become obsolete too quickly.

In conjunction with the ongoing Carol's Week upgrade event, all Council 22 players who earn a free Kingdom Spear through this event will receive that spear at level 24.
    Thanks @MadPuppy , totally missed that was the case. So I retract the "nerfed" statement.

I'll stand by this one: With so many game mechanics issues I find it hard to understand why time is spent on launching a council update.
    Although I think I can guess at the justification and I'm sure it is business related. It certainly is not game improvement related for those who are end-gamers (more grind) or those who are low level players (moving the goalpost even further away).
    sbfDBones8900rpm
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,571
    @Kaz My one complaint/request: I appreciate that level 24 gear is available in some places, but can we also make level 24 gear available in post-mission crates ASAP at RSL23+?

This will further help players stock up on gear for the update. This would benefit NG too, as players would probably spend more gold unlocking crates if there was a chance of gear that is not about to be outdated.
    Bill_ZRTJadenDBonesxbamfx
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,467
    Yeah I was fully expecting a council update, I can understand the mixed feelings but I'm a bit more welcoming towards it. I've been maxed out for some time now and been upgrading 2nd, 3rd and 4th weapons so at least now my supplies/xp will count for something!

The root of this game is survivor progression. Over the past month or two I've been getting to mission 18/19/20 of the distance and even completed it a couple weeks ago so the extra level and damage/health that comes with it should help with that too! As @JayZ points out the fix to the challenge, improved component scavenging and green gear issue resolve is HUGE.

Now just to get a much needed badge swap weekend to keep people sweet in light of the council update *cough* @Kaz *cough*
    JayZDavid_H79KillersZ
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    fml, I'll never catch up on survivor level. Another level up now? It's ok to cap max level and find alternative routes to "upgrade" survivors.

Badges were an excellent idea. You should have focused on the "coming now" instead. A council upgrade, fine, just have a new building for a new aspect of survivor upgrades.

When you remove the ability to get supplies in crates during the most played aspect of the game, (assuming themost gameplay is during the challenge) it cripples us ~20 level survivors severely.

I don't know, everything I read after upgrading survivors to level 24 was just sort of foggy.

I want to think the rest will be good stuff, just, blah.
    DMP
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    edited February 2018
    @Kaz, what level will I need to be able to upgrade my council? (Now my level's 65)
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    Since fewer Rounds are needed to complete each Difficulty, it is expected that week-to-week star counts will be affected. However, now every additional mission represents a larger portion of your total score, so players who attempt the hardest missions will really stand out on the leaderboards.

My only question about this is will RP's be earned the same way as now? Do skipped missions still count as missions completed? The fact it says "fluctuate" I hope they aren't going back to the old way of doing things (where you earn RP's every 5 you play not 5 rounds)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 528
    edited February 2018
    Didn’t take you long to jump on the money train @Kaz
    Wild Walking 1
    zivaolivia
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,571

The other stuff is really good, but of course it's always one step forward and two steps back with each update.

Personally, I think of this update as two steps forward, one step back.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872

Just like regular life, never enough time to catch up @EL34xyz. LOL
    Hopefully, a few weeks from now there will be a 5 second upgrade weekend. NG would get plenty of players to purchase a gas booster as well as a 2x booster.

The 5 second this is ok, but nothing to get exited about
    The amount of XP it takes to upgrade one item or Srvr if so huge at level 23
    That is, if I actually have enough XP at that time to do one 5 second upgrade

DMP
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Putchuco said:

@Kaz quick question, what does this exactly mean:
    “Players with the upgraded Scavenger will also no longer find Common Components in the Components Shop.” ?

Does that mean there wont be any common components for those anymore, or that they simply find components of higher value instead?

The components shop is the shop where you buy them with gold, which I never do anyway
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    We'll see what the weekend event is but IMO...

If the update drops tuesday 3/6 then friday 3/9 - sunday 3/11 would be great to have a 2x supply weekend event (for those looking to upgrade buildings) then the following weekend (or better yet the weekend after that) have a double xp kill 5 second weekend upgrade for survivors and gear

Maybe 3/2 - 3/4 run 1 minute gas (to give players a chance to get supplies to max)
    Maybe 3/9 - 3/11 run double supplies (after council update so we can earn supplies to upgrade Training Grounds or Workshop)
    Maybe 3/16 - 3/18 run herd (players still gaining supplies to finish up building supplies)
    Maybe 3/23 - 3/25 run double xp on kills + 5 second upgrade weekend (perfect timing since buildings should be upgraded by then and then we can go HAM on upgrading survivors and gear

Ideally @NG this would be a perfect plan of weekend events for the next few weeks.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    CBgaming1969zivaolivia
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    DLich said:

We'll see what the weekend event is but IMO...

If the update drops tuesday 3/6 then friday 3/9 - sunday 3/11 would be great to have a 2x supply weekend event (for those looking to upgrade buildings) then the following weekend (or better yet the weekend after that) have a double xp kill 5 second weekend upgrade for survivors and gear

Maybe 3/2 - 3/4 run 1 minute gas (to give players a chance to get supplies to max)
    Maybe 3/9 - 3/11 run double supplies (after council update so we can earn supplies to upgrade Training Grounds or Workshop)
    Maybe 3/16 - 3/18 run herd (players still gaining supplies to finish up building supplies)
    Maybe 3/23 - 3/25 run double xp on kills + 5 second upgrade weekend (perfect timing since buildings should be upgraded by then and then we can go HAM on upgrading survivors and gear

Ideally @NG this would be a perfect plan of weekend events for the next few weeks.

Wow, that some great plan laid out. Which knowing NG means only one thing, not gonna happen.
    DLichpaintbeastR2runfast
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    kkatsu said:

So basically how many rounds less on average we will have to play of challenge?

It really depends on what level you are starting from, but the Challenge changes are pretty similar to the last Ultimate Challenge! :)
    Putchuco said:

@Kaz quick question, what does this exactly mean:
    “Players with the upgraded Scavenger will also no longer find Common Components in the Components Shop.” ?

Does that mean there wont be any common components for those anymore, or that they simply find components of higher value instead?

It's an increased chance of finding better components (they still can find common ones after missions). But regarding the specific sentence you quoted, it means that from the Component Shop, you won't get any Common components from those boxes. So every other component chance was increased.
    Drunken said:

@Kaz
    That being said the challenge listed what is it compared to which version of the UC? Is this challenge going to be locked in stone or will it be adjusted given how the community responds?

It's mainly the same as the last UC. It won't be locked in stone, and we can still adjust if need. But for now, this will be the new default settings.
    JayZ said:

@Kaz My one complaint/request: I appreciate that level 24 gear is available in some places, but can we also make level 24 gear available in post-mission crates ASAP at RSL23+?

This will further help players stock up on gear for the update. This would benefit NG too, as players would probably spend more gold unlocking crates if there was a chance of gear that is not about to be outdated.

IF I'm not mistaken (again) it's already like that! I'll double check and let you know as soon as I get an answer! :)
    msapaev said:

@Kaz, what level will I need to be able to upgrade my council? (Now my level's 65)

67!
    msapaevPutchuco
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,548
    I see everyone saying they feel lied to yet that is the one topic NG is staying clear of. I really feel once my gold is gone I am gone. I refuse to buy these new bundles and then to boot those that did spend money on winter weapons cause no council upgrade was coming in 2.10 find out 2.10 does in fact have a council upgrade.

Oh well I played for my guild not for NG to profit, but it is starting to feel like its time to reinvest into a new game. Maybe just go back to Xbox1 where 59.99 gets me hours of endless fun.
    SPC_TORRESPapacas